What anime did you last watch?

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

What anime did you last watch?

Postby antimatterenergy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:20 pm

What anime did you watch and was it any good. The last anime I watched was astroboy which is pretty good and before that I rewatched Dirty Pair which is one of my favorites. Favorite anime is Slayers. (Ranma is my favorite manga)
antimatterenergy
Asteroid Senshi

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:19 pm

Most recently watched Anime Series - Bottle Fairy- Spring/Summer.
Most recently watched Anime Movies - Pom Poko and Howl's Moving Castle
Bottle Fairy is very cute with a somewhat twisted (in the nicest possible sense) look at various Japanese festivals/activities. one per episode.
Pom Poko - Shapeshifting Raccoons vs Humans and urban development. The male raccoons do some amazing things with parts of their anatomy.
Good.
Howl's Moving Castle - Man with castle that walks around the countryside.
Girl changed into crone by jealous fat witch (or was she?). Talking fire. Spunky youth. Mysterious scarecrow. Very Good.
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Rei-chan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:25 pm

Hm.. well my most recently watched anime would have to be Kiddy Grade at the moment. If you kind of liked stuff like BGC or DP you may rather like this one too. More or less the same thing, girls beat the ever loving crap out of bad people, but it has a nice conspiracy thread running through it. Fav anime: ... I rather like most of what I see. Fav manga: Hellsing
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby AscendedWarrior » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:15 pm

the last anime I watched was Escaflowne, rather entertaining in a strange medevil mecha sorta way...
Before that I watched the entire series of Hellsing which I found intreging, vampire's usualy make an interesting topic for a story.
AscendedWarrior
Senshi Cadet

Postby stratagemini » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:27 pm

The last anime I watched was Princess Mononoke. But that doesn't count because I was showing it to a family member.
The one Before that I rewatched Azumanga Daioh. But that doesn't count either because I was suffering Anime Withdrawl due to an extended trip away from Internet access.
previous to That I watched Karas. That counts. It was so pretty, and interesting.
My favorite Anime? A toss up between Bubblegum Crisis 2040 and Azumanga Daioh.
I See in Your Eyes, The same fear that would take the heart of me.
A Day may come, when the courage of men fails!
When we forsake our works, and break all bond of authorship- But Is Not THIS Day!
This Day, We WRITE!
stratagemini
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Acey » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:40 pm

The last anime I watched is one I'm still watching now that I've finally gotten my hands on the orignal subbed version: The second season of Cardcaptor Sakura. Really fun, adorable characters and a neat little story behind it all.
The last anime movie I've seen is Advent Children (which I first saw when it was released originally). I bought the DVD yesterday, and gave the dub a try. I was very surprised at how good it was! Standouts among the dub cast were Kadaj, Tifa, Reeve and even Marlene. I also really liked almost every other casting decision (Crispin Freeman as Rude! ^^) but was somewhat disappointed by both Cloud and Sephiroth's NA voices.
Still, definitely worth getting. Tons of extras on the second disc. Haven't gone through them all yet.
As I've said before, my favourite anime is Azumanga Daioh followed by Fruits Basket/Vision of Escaflowne.
Acey
Moon Queen Emeritus

Postby Light02 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:45 pm

hmm...my last 'new' anime I've seen was Full Metal Panic
the last old anime I've seen is Bubble Gum Crisis (OVA), Slayers (1st Season), Gundam and Zeta Gundam
My fave all time anime is Outlaw Star
Light, The New Avatar of Chaos
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Fatuous One » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:13 pm

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
It’s a creepy anime, and it’s bloody brilliant.
It’s been a while since I’ve watched an actual scary show. Not the shock value type that seems so common these days, I'm talking about the creeping horror, paranoid high and all that freaky jazz with a healthy dose of confusion. Now, if only I could get my hands on the original source materials, I’d be set.
Fatuous One
Senshi Cadet

Postby camk4evr » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:45 am

The most recent (legal): Advent Children
most recent (download): Xenosaga (after I finished FMP: The 2nd Raid)
Favorite: not sure. I have a top ten list that changes pretty regularly. Some of the ones included (presently) are BGC, SDF Macross, Nadesico, Full Metal Panic, and Record of Lodoss War
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:45 am

Most Recently Watched? Hmm, the one's I've watched most recently are Bastard!!, Angelic Layer and Magic Knight Rayearth (season 2).
Favourite? Vandread currently, with Trigun coming a close second.
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby Himitsu » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:10 pm

Most recently watched anime for me is One Piece. Very hilarious anime, and even though they are over 200 episodes it's still only getting better instead of worse like most animes tend to get. Also, if you plan on watching it. Watch it subbed, 4kidz cut out so much and picked such horrible dubbed voices that it really isn't even the same story.
When you're as smart as me, you don't need proof.
Spammaster Rank S.
Himitsu
Trickster Priest

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:06 pm

Just watched Advent Children again (seen it before at the last LAN I went to), got it through the post from Amazon today, and it still rocks muchly :D. Though I'm not really too impressed with the English dubs to be honest, still much prefer the Japanese with sub-titles.
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby Acey » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:21 pm

Cybsie wrote:Just watched Advent Children again (seen it before at the last LAN I went to), got it through the post from Amazon today, and it still rocks muchly :D. Though I'm not really too impressed with the English dubs to be honest, still much prefer the Japanese with sub-titles.

Uh-huh, I'd agree that the original cast is superior, but the only time in the whole movie that this was especially apparent IMO was the final confrontation between Cloud and Sephy.
And Cait Sith has a Scottish accent... who knew? ^^
Acey
Moon Queen Emeritus

Postby Anime_Freak317 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:37 pm

Currently, I'm watching Marmalade Boy.
Last was Doki Doki School Hours.
Before that, the movie of Spirited Away.
I'm almost tempted to post my list of anime here. Any takers?
JoT is on hold..again. Legal issues and work modes have been incresingly harsh. Chapter is 25% done. Sorry.
Tear of the Lone Wolf P( :cry:
Anime_Freak317
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Acey » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:06 pm

Maybe you could post it in a new thread, Ani. We actually had a thread like that at the old board but it's been blitzed by the move.
Acey
Moon Queen Emeritus

Next

Return to Other Talk