"Guess That Anime" Game

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Postby iiradned » Tue May 30, 2006 2:58 pm

Neko- wrote:So going on that last tidbit, I'm guessing 80s anime. It's a classic... It's 80s. No romance (although the picture when relooking at it makes me doubt that)... Hmmm....

Early 90's. As for the romance, it is targeted at 12-14 yr olds and there is a guy the lead is interested in. Though romantic entanglements are not the primary focus of the series. Mind you I have never seen the anime or read the original manga, just going by what I have read on web. Also, most recent reviews/polls I have read list this series as a classic.
Neko- wrote:GAH! Too little to go on... Somehow the feeling creeps up on me that I have seen it somewhere earlier... Wild guess: Touch? (Okay, okay... Never saw that series, so sue me).

The lead character is a 'magical girl' with a cute talking mascot though she does not engage in combat with any monsters.
iiradned
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Bliss » Tue May 30, 2006 3:05 pm

Random guess: Ultramaniac?
Edit: No, wrong time period. The only two I can think of that fits the description somewhat.. although I haven't seen either is Miracle Girls, or Hime-chan no Ribbon. I'm voting for the latter....
Edit2: Yeah, it's most likely Hime-chan no Ribbon. It's the only one that has a 'magical girl', a 'talking mascot', romantic entanglements, made in the early 90's and was also a manga.
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby iiradned » Tue May 30, 2006 3:20 pm

Bliss wrote:Edit2: Yeah, it's most likely Hime-chan no Ribbon. It's the only one that has a 'magical girl', a 'talking mascot', romantic entanglements, made in the early 90's and was also a manga.

Correctomundo!
You're up.
iiradned
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Bliss » Tue May 30, 2006 4:06 pm

This one should be semi-easy.
A relatively new series.... 2005-2006, that has a monster slaying girl that wields a katana. This series is based on a novel.
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Tue May 30, 2006 4:26 pm

Monster slaying girl... Now could that possibly be Tokko?
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Light02 » Tue May 30, 2006 6:00 pm

that looks like Blood+
Light, The New Avatar of Chaos
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Bliss » Tue May 30, 2006 8:03 pm

Nope on both of them. Hmm... here's a pretty big giveaway....
There is a boy who is already dead in it, but now has a temporary replacement body who befriends the monster slaying girl....
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Acey » Tue May 30, 2006 9:22 pm

Ergo Proxy?
Acey
Moon Queen Emeritus

Postby Bliss » Tue May 30, 2006 9:59 pm

Nah, it isn't sci-fi... more 'supernatural'....
Blue flame, Torch, red hair.....
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Fatuous One » Wed May 31, 2006 12:45 am

Shakugan no Shana.
It's strange, I don't recall that specific scene...
Fatuous One
Senshi Cadet

Postby Bliss » Wed May 31, 2006 12:49 am

Yup you're right...
I don't either.. but I haven't watched past episode 3 so *shrugs* I have a lot to catch up to.....maybe I should have chosen something I actually watched all of instead of something that I barely know much about - -"
Anyways, you're up ^^.
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Fatuous One » Wed May 31, 2006 12:59 am

Heh, I've done that with several others on this thread, but I usually do watch the series before posting a snapshot of it.
Mmm... lesse, let's try this one -
Fatuous One
Senshi Cadet

Postby Bliss » Wed May 31, 2006 1:06 am

Hmmm it looks really familiar...
Somehow I'm reminded of Breakfast at Tiffany's for some reason.... although that is neither an anime nor relevant to my guess....
I know this is probably wrong but, Pani Poni Dash?
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Fatuous One » Wed May 31, 2006 1:16 am

No, it's not Pani Poni Dash. However, that you're reminded of Breakfast at Tiffany's IS relevant to the anime. The character featured on the image is a fan of Audrey Hepburn, and thus gets parodied in the OP. ^_^
Fatuous One
Senshi Cadet

Postby Bliss » Wed May 31, 2006 3:00 am

I finally realized why the character looks familiar... is it REC?
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Other Talk