Worst Anime you've ever seen, and why......

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Postby GenocideHeart » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:39 am

La Blue Girl doesn't hold a candle in badness to Violence Jack. VJ is hailed as a cult anime, but I really fail to see why. The so called 'character depth', is just an excuse to show completely gratuitious and sickening violence, and the art isn't even on par with Devilman.
Go Nagai has failed me. Avoid Violence Jack. It's not worth watching.
"When the Planessss burnnnn and all life is torchesss, then Ignusss ssshall at lassst... be at peace..."
--Ignus, Planescape: Torment
"Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe."
--Vhailor, Planescape: Torment
GenocideHeart
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby bissek » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:07 pm

Burnup Excess is a bad anime that demonstrates the concept of hoping that fanservice (underwear shots and discrete nudity - no hentai) can substitute for a lack of a decent story. I picked up the first DVD because there was a buy one anime DVD get one free sale at Suncoast when I picked up Hellsing Ultimate.
The basic 25 episode format is:
3 minutes into and outro
15 minutes on how pathetic the female lead is.
2 minutes on how pathetic a lecherous coworker of hers is.
2 minutes describing the S ranked crime (which apparently means high-profile, not serious)
2 minutes catching the criminal
The same four jokes get repeated every episode (Joke four doesn't show up until episode 3).
1: Female lead follows her horoscope to a ludicrous degree. Horoscope is always wrong.
2: Female lead goes into some detailed monologue of something she wants to do with her boyfriend. Secondary female lead goes into logical explanation of why that wouldn't really be fun, finishing up with the comment "Besides, you don't have a boyfriend."
3:Lecherous superior officer hits on female lead at an inconvenient time. Female lead beats up lecherous superior to get away. Current girlfriend of lecherous superior finds beaten up boyfriend and blames the girl for beating him up without considering the fact that her boyfriend is trying to cheat on her.
4:Tertiary female lead (who is a psychic) makes skin contact with primary female lead. This causes her to see into female lead's mind, revealing highly embarrassing personal information, which is then said aloud to all in the area (This one actually remained amusing after the second occurrence).
All in all, I recommend this one be avoided.
Genius is 1.7% inspiration, 98.6% perspiration, and .4% poor math skills.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:03 am

I've seen A LOT of anime throughout the years (and I really mean a lot) but one of the anime I hate the most is Dragon Ball GT. I think that it violates the original Dragon Ball series. Dragon Ball Z was bad already (whereas Dragon Ball was pure genius) with the uberlong fights and 2-3 episodes to charge one kamehameha wave. DB GT is simply impossible to watch. The plot is stupid. 'Nuff said.
Other really bad anime are Pokémon, Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh, B-Daman and their clones (Digimon is somewhat watchable). Beyblade is, to put it bluntly, not even worth the time I spent to watch several episodes. Pokémon at first was funny but watching Team Rocket getting their a**es kicked in each and every episode stops being funny after the first few times.
And I agree with Neko-. English dubs are horrible. It's probably only my opinion but English isn't really the right language for anime. Every anime charcter sounds horrible speaking English.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:09 pm

Toriyama wanted Dragonball to end when Freeza was destroyed in Z. Everything after that was the studio continuing the franchise because they were making money. That's why the storytelling got worse as it went along; the creator of the series had more or less bowed out of it.
Dub vs. sub is an ongoing debate. The American dub industry is still in its infancy, really. And the voice actiing is getting better as it goes along, as are the translations. It's also true that there are a few shows that are actually better in English than in Japanese. Very few, I grant you, but some. One such is the El Hazard: The Magnificent World dub. There are more jokes in it than in the Japanese version, and they are funny jokes.
Let's see... getting back on topic, two shows that I thought were bad even though they should have been good are Spriggan and Brain Powerd. They were well animated and had decent overall plots... right up until they threw out the anti-American propaganda. In Spriggan, the main villain was supposedly an US government human experiment, a case of the Japanese author saying that we'd do something the Japanese were actually guilty of back in WWII. In Brain Powerd, the US sides with the villains again, and the valient Japanese must lead the UN in opposing us. Not only do they slam the US in those shows, they don't even use realistic scenarios. My feeling is that if you're going to throw a punch at my country, at least do it over something that we have done or might actually do. Don't pull something out of nowhere that has no chance at all of happening!
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Steiner » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:30 pm

Every single and last german dub made by 4kids. They dubbed from their already terrible english dubs, and then cut out anything that could be even remotely classified as violent.
Apart from that, my All Time Unfavorites were already listed
Imagine my surprise at finding out that I liked the original version of EGArjuna even less than the german dub, and I refuse to say a word about DBGT.
Alas, another thing you can use on me to drive me away is the escaflowne movie. I don't know why, but I can't stand it. In a Please-Jump-Into-The-Next-Puddle-Of-Lava-If-You-Want-Me-To-Watch-This way of not liking it.
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face— forever." - O'Brien
Steiner
Senshi Candidate

Postby PepperJAQ » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:50 pm

i actually like the escaflowne movie... more or less. but it wasn't one of the greatest i will admit. though i loved the music :3 ... but then, i'm easily amused.
as far as eng dub goes... i happen to like a good many of them. while not all great, most are at least bareable. oddly, lisa ortiz, one those not so good ones... kinda grew on me through watching slayers... though outside of that series, she's not nearly as amusing. one of the best dubs i have found was also my number one favorite anime: r.o.d tv (anita forever!)... though i'm sure larry would nit pick the fact that they make fun of the president (just as they did in the ova) ... but then when you concider our last two persidents, i think both would piss in there pants if what happened in the show happened in rl. but that's just me...
BUT... the anime i absolutely dispise is 'garzays wing' (or however is spelled). the basic plot was kinda interesting... but as you watch this short anime, you realize that the hour you have been watch should have been about a 6 and a half hour (or about 13 eps, which ever comes first) affair. it was like someone on one side of the pasific or the other desided to take half an anime series and give watchers the digest of the digest version of the show... on top of that, i've been hard pressed to find a worse dub.
stay -FAR- away from this one. trust me.
*sends much good vibes to friends*
PepperJAQ
Senshi Cadet

Postby Kura » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:00 am

X the movie.
A bunch of unmemorable characters running around and getting killed by some generic bad guy force, stupid 2 main characters with one with a sister, implied incest, laughable amount of blood and random beheading and other nonsensical garbage.
Last edited by Kura on Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kura
Senshi Candidate

Postby PepperJAQ » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:55 am

agreed and seconded! the only things good about that was the animation quaility and music... and that's it. looking for flash, you found it... but you can find better else where. looking for good music, buy the soundtrack. you spend the first 45 minutes going back and forth through the same flashbacks and 'prophicies' with only minute changes now and then... and the last 45 minute going though what should have been a full anime series...
it's garzays wing with more flash and slighly better voice acting... still a dud.
to top it off, appearently even clamp said it was just a 'fan' project. as in, they didn't actually have any direct hand in it. (this is just hear-say though, so take it for a grain of salt)
if you want 'x' go with the manga or the tv series and leave the movie alone.
*sends much good vibes to friends*
PepperJAQ
Senshi Cadet

Postby claymade » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:50 pm

Dai-Guard: This show is somewhere between a mecha show, and a mecha show parody, but doesn't quite succeed at either. I made it through about... 3-4 episodes before sheer boredom made me eject the DVD. There just wasn't anything engaging about the characters, or interesting about the villains, or exciting about the combat scenes, and the attempts at corporate humor fell utterly flat with me. It was just... there. Generic mecha stuff that you've seen done a million times before, except not as good in Dai-guard as those million other times.
Usually, even with a bad anime, I'll at least finish the disk, but this title has the dubious distinction of being one of the very few anime titles that I actually stopped watching midway through.
What's peculiar is that I've seen it get some rave reviews in other places, so I don't know if it's just me or what. But I couldn't stand it myself.
claymade
Asteroid Senshi

Previous

Return to Other Talk