What is your favorite type of Sailor Moon/ Ranma crossover?

Post any fanfiction related polls here

What is your favorite type of Sailor Moon crossover.

Your average reletive relationship sort of thing. (Akane is Ami's cousin, Ranma is Usagi's "Brother by another mother" etc.)
3%
Your average reletive relationship sort of thing. (Akane is Ami's cousin, Ranma is Usagi's "Brother by another mother" etc.)
3%
Ranma as a Sailor Senshi (Past life or New Senshi creation)
24%
Ranma as a Sailor Senshi (Past life or New Senshi creation)
24%
Anyone else a Sailor Senshi (Past life or New Senshi creation)
2%
Anyone else a Sailor Senshi (Past life or New Senshi creation)
1%
Anyone in the Tuxedo Kamen outfit.
No votes
Anyone in the Tuxedo Kamen outfit.
No votes
Evil Setsuna
2%
Evil Setsuna
2%
Romance between Ranma 1/2 Cast member and Sailor Moon Cast Member
15%
Romance between Ranma 1/2 Cast member and Sailor Moon Cast Member
15%
Other/Unmentioned
6%
Other/Unmentioned
6%

Total votes : 131

Postby Materia-Blade » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:00 pm

Recently Found a fic. The Shadow Chronicles. Loved the first one but I couldn't get into "On a clear day you can see forever." '
The plain and simple of it it Vampires bore me. Were-cats bore me. Matter of fact were-anythings bore me. Sorry but I couldn't read it without skipping every hotaru section. And then finding out one of my most favorite Sailor Moon characters was a dark lady? Well I read on and when she called "Sass" up after Usagi found out that just took the cake and I couldn't read on.
Sorry whoever it was up there who mentioned it. Maybe i'll read it someday but today is not that day.
"I killed the world and you can too, if you try hard."
-- Lews Therin Kinslayer
Materia-Blade
Senshi Cadet

Postby Neko- » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:39 am

Shadow Chronicles stands out as a different kind of fic. I've read the previous 4 books aswell, and somehow they tie into one another. On A Clear Day.. kinda drops you in the middle of things.
It's pretty detailed in it's writing, and that sometimes makes it a slow-progressing story. That and the fact that the canon Senshi all get taken through the blender for what concerns their behaviour.
I have the last few chapters set aside, just haven't found the drive to actually read 'm yet.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Atlan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:05 am

Ahh well. I can see what you mean about it being slow paced. But that's my favourite kind of fic (and litrature in general). One that dosent just skip to the 'exciting bit' and leave everything else behind. It adds to the romance between Ranma and Minako (and Rei, to a lesser extent).
I've read the previous 4 books aswell, and somehow they tie into one another. On A Clear Day.. kinda drops you in the middle of things.

Due to my unfortunate habit of buying books at second hand book shops, and always picking up book 2 in a trilogy, thats par for the course for me.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby ranger5 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:37 pm

The "problem" with the Juuban Incident is that it was to good. I really got into the story and then to have Ranma die like that was a bummer. Still an excellent story ... but I've never re-read it (when I get into a story I can actually get depressed with a "bad" ending). I had to immediately go and read something lighter before I could get to sleep... and I finished Juuban at about 3:00 am & had to get up at 6:00 am for work.
I personally like either of the first two options if done right... but my favorite R/SM fics put him/her as a Senshi ... even if only part time, like All the Small Things (I think) where Ranma is Nemesis and living with the Outers.
ranger5
"It's better to hit with a .22 than miss with a .45."
ranger5
Senshi Cadet

Postby Cheb » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:49 pm

I vote for the first option, but Sailor Ranko & THeReturn are still among my favorites
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Anime_Freak317 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:59 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I feel that one of the best fics out there (other than Sailor Ranko) is http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1554940/1/Forever%20the%20Tomboy by Ranger5.
I would love to see this story continued, even if it has been over 1 year 9 months since his last update on this series.
It has a great grip on the emotions, a great story line, nice unique elements, mixes 1st and 3rd person storytelling, plus it's the only (that I've seen) type where Ranma is Sailor Neptune.
RANGER5, PUT ANOTHER CHAPTER OUT SOOOOOONNNNNN!!!!!!! :evil: :x :cry:
JoT is on hold..again. Legal issues and work modes have been incresingly harsh. Chapter is 25% done. Sorry.
Tear of the Lone Wolf P( :cry:
Anime_Freak317
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Tovath » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:32 am

I agree that Forever the Tomboy is one of the best although I voted for choice one myslf.
Anime_Freak I have seen one other Ranma as neptune fic, its called Contrast Match I belive
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Anime_Freak317 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:30 am

Ah yes, Contrast Match is the other one where Ranma becomes Ronin too. I guess Akane couldn't handle LESBIANISM. Though I would have like to have seen the results of Ryoga's bathroom trip with Akane. It was left out.
But this is also a great story to read. 8)
JoT is on hold..again. Legal issues and work modes have been incresingly harsh. Chapter is 25% done. Sorry.
Tear of the Lone Wolf P( :cry:
Anime_Freak317
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Mudge T. Otter » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:56 am

I have voted for other/unmentioned.
It us really hrd to decide on one of the mentioned categories because they are not mutually exclusive. I wouldn't have subscribed to the list if I were no fan of Ranma in a Fuku, but I also like many of the Ranma/Senshi Romance fics.
The category I would have unquestioningly chosen, had it been there is Fics focussing on humour. And you have to admit a fuku'd ranma makes a good plotdevice for those kind of fics.
Mudge T. Otter
Senshi Cadet

Postby Bialaska » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:37 pm

90% of the Juuban incident was great, but I really disliked the ending. I'm not a fan of character deaths, especially not the death of main characters, unless they somehow return in some way. A shame that the story was 'ruined' that way.
Bialaska
Initiate

Postby BlueDragon » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:28 pm

I'd have to say 'Romance between'
Spo'ze it's because I like the idea of someone else getting Ranma other then the three main fiancee's getting him.
My personal favories being Ami, Setsuna, or Hotaru. but thats just my opinion, wether Ranma ends up in a Fuku is really irellevent to me as I don't truly care either way.
Though I have to agree with
Anime_Freak317 wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I feel that one of the best fics out there (other than Sailor Ranko) is Forever the Tomboy by Ranger5.
I would love to see this story continued, even if it has been over 1 year 9 months since his last update on this series.
It has a great grip on the emotions, a great story line, nice unique elements, mixes 1st and 3rd person storytelling, plus it's the only (that I've seen) type where Ranma is Sailor Neptune.
RANGER5, PUT ANOTHER CHAPTER OUT SOOOOOONNNNNN!!!!!!! :evil: :x :cry:

End Quote... the best Ranma Fuku fic to date and I hope if Ranger5 will continue it again soon.
BlueDragon
Senshi Candidate

Postby Anchoku » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:23 pm

I'm with Materia Blade on the Juban Incident. Classic tragedies really aren't my thing; too depressing.
Anyway, I'm not voting on this poll because I like most, if not all, of the options provided the author writes out a compelling story.
Anchoku
Senshi Cadet

Re: What is your favorite type of Sailor Moon/ Ranma crossover?

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:06 am

One of my favorite types of crossovers for SM/Ranma is SM vs the NWC. Vengeance and a Half continues to be one of my favorite fics.

While On a Clear Day is also one of my favorite fics, in general I'm not too fond of romantic tones (in this case, Ranma and Minako/Rei).
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Polls