Which Senshi do you like to see Ranma paired with?

Post any fanfiction related polls here

Which Senshi x Ranma

Moon
2%
Moon
2%
Mercury
10%
Mercury
10%
Mars
6%
Mars
6%
Jupiter
5%
Jupiter
5%
Venus
2%
Venus
2%
Neptune
2%
Neptune
2%
Uranus
2%
Uranus
2%
Saturn
17%
Saturn
17%
Pluto
3%
Pluto
3%
Chibi-Moon
1%
Chibi-Moon
1%

Total votes : 124

Which Senshi do you like to see Ranma paired with?

Postby EdenB » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:08 pm

As said in the title, which sailor senshi do you like to see Ranma paired with in crossovers?
I was going to add an 'Other' incase anyone wanted to go for Starlights/Iron Mouse/Sailor Luna or anything, but I ran out of room.
I chose Hotaru, though Ami would proberly be second. Both seem fairly gentle, kind and not ones with enough confidence to push much.
For the bottom of the lists I could see Minako setting off fiance alarms by being grabby, Uranus scaring him by flirting with his girl side and thinking she's a guy, Neptune as more of an older sister type (admittedly one who'd blast him if it meant the safety of the Princess) and Setsuna coming in bottom as she's too cold and serious towards people mostly, apart from a few occasionally.
Last edited by EdenB on Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:13 pm

Personally I like pairing him with Ami, I think she could use someone like him in her life.
Saturn is okay too, but I really can't see him working with Pluto. Not unless Pluto is OOC.
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:38 pm

I went with Ami as well. There aren't any major personality conflicts, if you're in the boat that says he likes Akane's looks, Ami's looks are nearly the same, and she's much nicer, and finally, they'd be really good influences on each other. Ranma would probably help Ami open up more and become more interested in non-school related studies (such as magic beoynd senshi magic to help cure his curse and prepare for future enemies), and Ami would probably be able to help teach Ranma manners and to look at things from a logical perspective, rather than an instinctual/emotional one.
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby EdenB » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:50 pm

Nekomata-sensei wrote:Ranma would probably help Ami open up more and become more interested in non-school related studies (such as magic beoynd senshi magic to help cure his curse and prepare for future enemies), and Ami would probably be able to help teach Ranma manners and to look at things from a logical perspective, rather than an instinctual/emotional one.

Gah! He's psychic...
I'm trying to decide how to fit a certain very similiar thing in a story at the moment, strangely enough. Admittedly at the moment it's more of a writing exercise and proberly won't get completed or even that far, but I like to plan my stories out even if they're unwritten. ^^;
I'm suprised no-ones voted Pluto yet, with the majority of pairings seeming to be that. Even the spore/Chibi-Usa got a vote first, though I do admittedly like her character a lot in certain points and one of my favourite fics is a Ranma/Hotaru/Chibi-Usa.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:52 am

I'm in the camp that says chibi-Usa is related to Ranma in some way, Usagi as well. After all Chibi-Usa has to get that red hair from somewhere, and they all have large appetites, huge energy potential, pure hearts (well, at least arguably so, Ranma and Chibi-Usa are questionable because of the whole Dark Lady thing and Ranma's upbringing), and a tendency to sleep through studies. Perhaps the red hair is a recessive trait inherited from some common ancestor, they all have blue eyes. So Ranma can't get involved with the spore or Usagi because it would be cousincest or something! 8)
I remember a story where Genma was the reason Usagi sucks in school, Genma convinced Usagi she's have a brain seisure if she got too smart, so she tried to make herself dumber and answer wrong on tests to keep her grades average. I think there may have been another story with something like that but I can't remember the reason in that one that Usagi was tricked into being stupid by Genma. Perhaps she just picked up his eating habbits in that one...
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Atlan » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:06 am

Venus! Venus! Venus!
Yes, she's a ditz. But, she's just whimisical enough to make me smile.
Idiots flock togther, and neither Ranma nor Minako are exactly famous for book smarts.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Daniel Jess Gibson » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:29 am

Since this is what Senshi would you like to see Ranma paired with, I'm going to the dark side.
:twisted:
EdenB Wrote:
Uranus scaring him by flirting with his girl side and thinking she's a guy
I can also imagine the situation where some of the other girls start chasing after she-Ranma's new `boyfriend`, a duel for the Pig-tailed goddess revealing Haruka's true gender, as Ranma thinks he's off the hook, when down comes the cold water and the chase continues. :roll:
Haruka dealing with some of the other fiancees, then the fiances. I'd feel sorry for any Youma, etc. that shows up, Haruka would be smart enough to get it caught in the fiancee wars.
Daniel Jess Gibson
Moon Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:57 am

Venus.
Both look like they'll have a blast together.
I like Hotaru and Ami, but a relationship with either would result in a fic that loses much of Ranma's 1/2 slapstick, and might be a bit OOC for both girls if they had to deal with Ranma's baggage.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Metroidvania » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:24 pm

Hmph.....
Setsuna Haters. :roll:

Really though, all we've got from canon is that yes, Pluto is fairly cold and distant. But remember, she's been through so much crap, had to use a forbidden power and kill herself off, then get revived.
If I remember correctly, she was _much_ nicer as Setsuna than as Sailor Pluto in the future.
Yes, it may require a little OOC-ness, or at least some explanation, but it's not that far of a reach.
Although, Hotaru is my second fave, and Ami's my third.
Venus would be fun, but there's only one good one I remember, (actually, the only one with Venus by herself, not part of a harem) and it's Minako's Quest)
Hmm, that Haruka option sounds pretty good if the plot goes something like that. Plus, you could keep the Ranma humor at least semi-intact.
I personally am surprised no one voted for Usagi, but I guess those times are in the past.....Thank God
(There were so many bad ones that the good ones were swallowed up in the sea of mediocrity.)
Later,
MV
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby AscendedWarrior » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:43 pm

I'm rather partial to Ranma/Hotaru Matchup's myself, I also like Ranma/setsuna, the only pairing on the list that I have never seen before is Chibi Usa. I've read the fic where he is paired up with dark lady but never chibi usa...
AscendedWarrior
Senshi Cadet

Postby Neko- » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:45 pm

Out of the batch... I'd have to say Mercury...
Don't see him ending up with Moon, Venus, Jupiter or Mars... Neptune and Uranus have each other. Pluto... nah... And Saturn? Age difference I suppose... Which leaves Mercury...
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby EdenB » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:05 pm

AscendedWarrior wrote:I'm rather partial to Ranma/Hotaru Matchup's myself, I also like Ranma/setsuna, the only pairing on the list that I have never seen before is Chibi Usa. I've read the fic where he is paired up with dark lady but never chibi usa...

Ranma/Hotaru/Chibi-Usa in which the two agree to share here. Innortal's A New Home.
There's also Meaning of Life by Kuraiko Kurohoshi, which I can't track down. Yet another Ranma/Hotaru/Chibi-Usa, though it's more like they're both after him in some way or other.
I haven't seen any that I can think of, for pure Ranma/Chibi-Usa, apart from the one with Dark Lady where he gets split into two.
Don't see him ending up with Moon, Venus, Jupiter or Mars... Neptune and Uranus have each other. Pluto... nah... And Saturn? Age difference I suppose... Which leaves Mercury...

I could see Jupiter or Minako (possibly even Rei) chasing him, but not the other way around, unless they didn't go crazy on him at first. Saturn's age varies (no-one knows her true age and says from 12-14, rapid aging, appearing to be older and younger than Chibi-Usa at different points, etc) and Ranma is never shown to be older than 16, but she's too quiet anyway usually, same with Mercury for quietness though not as much. It'd proberly be one of those things where he'd have to be stuck with any one of them to fall for them, really.
If it were real, i'd think Ami would be best proberly. But which ones the best and which you enjoy reading are different, I guess. ^^;
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:22 pm

My favorite match-up is Ranma and Hotaru. When I saw and read S Ijus t thought she was perfect for him.
My second favorite is Ami. She seems like they would be good for each other even if they were just friends.
Another second favorite is Minako. She just seems like they could make a good couple.
    Usagi is not high on my list for three reasons.
    1) She has someone and is happy with him.
    2) In late season 3 and seasons 4 she seems to be going insane. There is also some stuff in the manga that makes me question if she is sane or not as well.
    3) She at time is to much like Ranma.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby EdenB » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:00 pm

Metroidvania wrote:...it's Minako's Quest...

Does anyone have a link to this? I can't find it (unless he means "Minako's Quest against her Henshin" which is about her trying to change her hairstyle O.o).
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Materia-Blade » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:55 pm

wtf? no one likes Usagi? NO ONE? Well damn!
"I killed the world and you can too, if you try hard."
-- Lews Therin Kinslayer
Materia-Blade
Senshi Cadet

Next

Return to Polls