Fate\stay night&Ranma 1\2 crossover

Bridging the gap between Ideas and C&C.

Post individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Fate\stay night&Ranma 1\2 crossover

Postby Kilich » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:46 am

This is a prologue I wrote this night for my crossover. It deals with origins of spells used in Grail War and appearance of *the spring of drowned Medusa*

I would like to note that:
-English is my second language.
-I'm really new at this.
-I couldn't think of any names, so if you have ideas, i'll be glad to see them.

The summoner, an old man dressed in red robes with intricate symbols made from golden threads, sat in his brightly lit and book filled cabinet and read an ancient manuscript recently bought for a hefty sum from a gang of tomb raiders. Maybe, a few years ago he would’ve never accepted their offer or even called guards to arrest them but that was in the past.
Now, when he clearly felt his age and knew that he would be forgotten as soon as died, he was desperate to accomplish a deed that would make him a legend, thus making his name and knowledge widely famous and sought after.

The door to his cabinet opened and somebody light stepped in. Expertly finding his way through the maze of book-made columns on the floor, a short boy wearing same red robes as the mage himself bowed and said.

”Master, the map you requested was delivered. It seems to be real this time.”

Glancing at the magical construct before him, one of the many artificial servants in his mansion, the old man commanded.
“Bring it to my spell chamber. And bring the reagents that arrived a week earlier.”
The golem bowed once again and asked “It’ll be done. But may I ask you when the dinner should be served?”
“I don’t have time for food! I almost completed the basis of my spell! Now do as I said!”
“Yes, master” was the answer before the summoner became alone once more.

“Oh, how I wish for an apprentice or a worthy son.” sighed the old man, rubbing his tired blood-shot eyes.
‘Those fools!*A mage needs only a basic knowledge of summoning or he might become an almost useless money drain as well * How dare they laugh at what I spent my whole life on and what I am about to create!’

‘Soon I’ll make them all eat their words. And if they try to hide their shame by killing me, well… I could use several more statues here.’ thought the mage, returning to the scroll that described a legendary Greek monster, Medusa, who turned anyone into a stone with as much as a glance.

Soon he rose from the floor and went to his spell chamber, accompanied by servants that were waiting for him outside of his room, with reagents, books or food.
Entering a large round room that multiple niches in the walls, some occupied by bookcases but most empty, he ordered everyone to place the reagents in the right places and went to the nearest bookcase.

Inside was a scroll that held a map to all places in China that were charged with magical power and if he wanted to complete his spell without dying or sacrificing several of his fellow mages, he needed an external power source.
Unfortunately, his prior attempts at buying that map failed because *The mage association* refused his requests and merchants that had it were less then respectable.
He chuckled as he remembered one of them taking a female construct hostage, believing that she was his daughter.

Unrolling the map, his gaze almost immediately caught two marks being quite close.
He drew an imaginary symbol on the map imagining something and smile. They were close enough to use them for bipolar focus, instead of a single as he originally intended. That would immensely ease the strain of casting such spell.

“Bayankala mountain range? Hmm, two settlements are mage friendly so there should be no interference from them. And it’s far enough to finish the spell and recover after.”

Turning away from the map, the summoner inspected the symbol on the floor and placing of reagents before he ordered everyone to step into the niches behind them.

“Everything flawless.” He smiled. “Now to test that part of the spell before I leave to Jusenkyo and Jusendo.”

-

About a week later, the summoner came to the village of the Amazons, accompanied by a dozen of constructs that carried all of needed spell ingredients, books and his notes.
“I greet you, Elder. I a mage and came here to study.” he said when he saw a tall middle-aged woman in rich clothes. Scanning him and his servants she asked.
“Study what, stranger?”
“I wanted to buy information about the land between Jusenkyo Valley and Jusendo Mountain. I plan on casting a powerful spell there”

“I might sell you that information, but only if you take one of our warriors and explain the spell to her” She waved off mage’s objection that it would take too much time and continued.
“There is no need to teach her everything you know. Only enough to estimate how dangerous your spell would be is needed.”
Amazon signaled to one of the younger guards to come to her and said to the young warrior.
“Lotion, go and learn from him. I’ll visit you tomorrow and bring the needed information.”

-

Far away, in the town the summoner left behind, several mages gathered to discuss the news.
“You heard what the summoner is up to now?” asked one of them, middle aged man with tanned skin, short black hair and dressed in the robes with images of five elements sewn on them.
“Yes, he went on the journey. Most probably to try whatever he was preparing all these years.” answered another, older mage, whose robes carried arcane symbols.
“He bought a scroll about a monster from Greek legends.” a young man cut in their talk, dressed in everyday clothes, and threw the said scroll on the table between mages.
Arcane arts follower turned to him “How many times I must tell you, if you want to spy, use the knowledge you’ve been taught! Breaking in, like a common thief is unfit for a mage!”
The young man shrugged and answered. “He’s a master mage. None of my items can penetrate his house defenses. Also, I learned from an acquaintance of mine, that he went to the area where setting a bipolar focus is possible.”
Oldest mage frowned again when the young one reminded what people he usually met with due to his magic tied with items of power rather than his own.
“Do you suggest that he went there to cast his spell?”
“But the spell of such magnitude will cause a disaster if it misfires! We must stop him!”
Arcane mage winced from the loud shout and lifted his hand to bring silence.
“Master elementalist, have you forgotten that summoning spells carry no destructive power unlike yours? And as much as I don’t like that crazed, narrow-minded old man, I must admit that his spells never fail. We must depart and learn more about this before taking any rash actions.”

-

“Is he out of his mind!?” yelled the master elementalist, when they arrived to the Amazon village and learnt more than enough about the summoning that will be done that day.
“We must hurry to him.” Said arcane master and they almost ran outside.

-

The summoner stood at the eye shaped magic symbol he spent days to create and correct. Looking over everything from one end to the other, he called the young Amazon he helped to create her magic circuit and taught some of the basics. When he said it was time for her leave, she hugged the old man and ran towards the village.
Watching her leave, he smiled knowing that at least in that village he’ll be forever remembered and checking everything again, he started the incantation.

When he said the last words, lines of white glowing power shot from both poles of the focus and his solar plexus. The symbol near him glowed with power as intricate and powerful magic searched in beyond the world, each second of failure costing him dearly.
When the arcane hook found its target, the summoner felt the very life being ripped out of him by the recoil and fell down screaming in agony.
Even though he was spent, the spell continued to work, the white streams of power coalescing in the middle of pentagram, forming a vague humanoid shape.
Soon, the light dimmed and the figure slowly turned into a young purple haired girl, dressed into very revealing clothing and wearing a blindfold.
With thoughts that gained the weight of boulders, the mage tried to understand if the spell got the right spirit. The girl was as far from the legendary monster as he could think of. Shaking away the traitorous thoughts that he might’ve failed, he lifted himself on an elbow and asked.

“Are you Medusa, the legendary monster of Greece?”
She stopped looking around with interest and, tilting her head, answered “Yes I am.”
She slowly walked to the mage and materialized a chain, with spikes on both ends, in her hands.
“And I think that you should explain yourself. Where am I? And why am I here?”
Panting from amount of effort his last action took, the summoner answered.
“I’m a mage skilled in summoning from The Mage Association. I brought you here, to China, so you would protect me until the spell I cast today makes me a legend amongst other mages.”
Medusa looked at him curiously and started to play with chain, smirking.
“A living legend? Tell me mage, what is keeping me in this world? That magic symbol or your life?”
The summoner gasped in shock and tried to crawl away, but he was too tired to move.
“I’ve never asked to be brought here, you know. Now dissolve the spell so I can return to blankness I came from.” said the girl, when she entered the magic symbol and turned to face the mage. ”Or I’ll see what happens when you die.”
The summoner driven to tears by the effort required to even lift a hand and draw a simple figure in the midair, whispered. “By the power of the command spell, I order you to obey me.”
Medusa’s face tensed and for a minute she fought the spell, her chain dancing in her hands as if it tried to fly towards him. Finally she succumbed to the A rank spell and spat.
“Fine. What do you want from me?”
“I want you to protect me from any harm at all costs.” said the mage and fell into the darkness and his breathing became shallow.

-

“We’re too late.” said the young mage, when he saw the magic symbol, the purple haired girl in blindfold and what is more important, a limp body of their wayward colleague. “He already summoned Medusa and I don’t think he’s breathing.”
“Are you sure?” asked other, their old eyes unable to see that far in that much detail.
“Yes.”
Arcane mage sighed and turned to elementalist. “Can you take her out from here?”
“Easily.”

-

Medusa cursed as she saw a torrent of fireballs flying towards them. She would’ve happily left that accursed mage to die and forced those three to break whatever spell summoned her here, but the command spell prohibited such action.
Knowing that she will not be able to carry him out of the danger zone on her back without at least some burns, she cursed again and summoned her Pegasus, whose wings stopped the orbs of fire.
She quickly draped him over the horses back and flew off before the second wave of fireballs arrived.
Unfortunately for her, even her steed couldn’t outrun a lightning that threw weakened Medusa and her master off Pegasus’s back and into the springs below.

Much later, Einzberg family researchers find notes about this incident in Mages' Association archives and after buying them from the Amazons they use that spell in their Grail War system.

When the Fifth war was about to start, Ranma and his father came to Jusenkyo and the boy fell right into the Medusa's spring :)
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Tovath » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:37 pm

If you are having trouble with names then the Fantasy Name Generator might help http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/
“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”
-Hanlon's Razor

"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde

Senshi of Puck
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Muramasa » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:59 pm

It's not bad. I'm surprised that Rider wished to kill her summoner from the very beginning.

However I'm of the group that believes altering the History of the Grail wars is a bad idea. No particular reason. Just a personal preference. When I write, I try to stay reasonably within canon. Diverging too much without a strong foundation may have you end up writing yourself into a hole.
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Postby Kilich » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:18 am

Well, the reason for Medusa's wish to kill the summoner is that she suffered so much during her life that she welcomed death as a release. And she wasn't happy that she was returned to life to be confronted by those memories again.

And about altering history. I believe i'm not really altering it. Just some backstory for how Einzberg found the spell that made creating the Grail system easier and how Medusa's spring appeared. The rest of the history (besides the Fifth Grail War that is and even there it's mostly mixing already existing story arcs) is not changed.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:09 am

Never watched Fate/Stay Night, but your story is interesting. I like it when Ranma falls into an original spring.
Last edited by Dumbledork on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Kilich » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:40 am

Thank you for those kind words -.-
More of mine insomnia induced ideas for this story is in Ideas forum.

Maybe sometime soon i'll add the first chapter.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Kilich » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:31 am

Here is a part of chapter 1.

I don't really like it, but my friend tries very hard to assure me that it came out fine. So, i decided to ask for more opinions.

Sorry for any grammar errors, point them out to me if you want and i'll fix them.

Chapter 1.

“Ahh, this must be it.” said one of the newest Jusenkyo valley guests, a heavyset, bold man in a dirty white gi and quickened his walking.
“This is legendary training ground?” snorted his companion, a young boy with black hair made in a pigtail and dressed in the similar outfit, when he saw a valley with many springs that had bamboo poles sticking out near them.

When they passed a small hut near the springs, a middle-aged man wearing Chinese army uniform ran out of it. Looking at two travelers, he started to shout.
“Please, sirs! Please go back! Very bad if fall in spring! Get cursed!”
“Curse?! There is no such thing as a curse!“ said Genma in dismissive voice when he reached the springs. He put his backpack on the ground and ignoring his son’s hesitation, jumped on one of the poles.

“Wait a minute, Pops. The water is not see-through…”
Seeing that his father already jumped on the nearest pole, he put down his backpack as well and jumped on one of the poles. Turning to face his old man and cracking his knuckles, he said smirking.
“It’s time to lose old man. But don’t worry, I won’t beat you up, much.”
“Feh. You are way too young to beat me, boy!” answered his father, jumping towards him.

After several minutes of sparring, Ranma decided to end it, by throwing Genma into one of the pools and changed his attacks from pressure points to throws.
The next time they jumped towards each other, he grabbed his father’s hand instead of deflecting it and using this newly created hole in Genma’s defenses he kicked him into the pool below.

Landing on the nearby pole, Ranma looked at the pool his father landed in and smirked.
“Getting awfully slow, aren’t you old man?”

Suddenly a tall water pillar rose from the pool, barely giving the boy enough time to jump away.
When the water subsided, he saw a panda, standing where he was seconds ago.
“What the hell?” he asked, when he noticed his father’s glasses and bandana on pandas head.

“I told springs have curse. Mr. Customer fall into the spring of Drowned Panda and become panda.” said the Jusenkyo Guide, shaking his head in sorrow.

“But magic doesn’t exist.” said Ranma and took his eyes away from the panda for a second to look at the Guide. He immediately paid for it when panda leaped at him and even though Ranma tried to jump away, sent him in one of the pools with a paw swipe that looked suspiciously alike to an Anything Goes maneuver.

The Guide watched the boy fly to one of the few unnamed springs. Unnamed because all of the Guide’s attempts at discovering what the curse was failed. All of test animals he threw in remained unchanged.
But this time was definitely a special one, because as soon as the boy fell in the spring, the water glowed for a brief moment. Soon, that glow erupted in a cloud of bright sparks that flew out of the spring and danced for a few seconds above the water surface before they disappeared.

Inside of the spring, Ranma felt his body start tingling with intensity that was driving him insane.
Fortunately, a few seconds later his mind drifted away and he found himself near an unusual building. It looked like one of the temples he saw when he and his father traveled through Greece, but it looked almost new.
‘Maybe the water in these damn pools is poisoned. That would explain both that damn feeling and this.’ He thought as he looked around and if he didn’t remember that he was at the bottom of the spring, he would’ve sworn that he really was near a temple because neither of his feelings could find any flaws in the surroundings.

Very soon this vision faded away and he found himself in murky water and his lungs were in a burning need for air. He planted his feet on the bottom of the spring and jumped out of the water taking most of the water with him.
Ranma jump lasted a lot longer then usual, long enough for ecstasy of breathing to lessen enough to allow thinking. He landed softly in a stance that other people would call cat-like and felt his hair undone and a lot heavier than usual. He caught a strand of hair and brought it before his eyes.
“Purple!? Why the hell my hair is purple? And why is it that lon…” He stopped when he heard his words spoken by a melodic voice that was nothing like his except for a familiar note of confidence and inner strength.

“Oh, now I understand.” said the Guide. “This spring turns into a girl only those it chooses.”
“Girl?” asked Ranma, pulling his gaze away from his longer, slender hand and yelled at the Chinese man “I’m not a girl!”
“Mr. young customer did fell in spring. Now you turn into girl but hot water will change back. ”

Hearing these words, Genma, who was still sitting on top of a pole and looked at his paws in shock, unfroze and hurried to the Guide’s hut.

When Ranma looked down and saw a black dress with enough cleavage to prove, without doubt, that he was a she now. She squeezed one of her breasts and pain that surged through her body broke her hope, that it was another dream, to pieces.
“Where is he?! Where is that bastard?!” she yelled and her anger, at the man who took away the very thing he taught her to treasure most, materialized in her hands as a pair of metal spikes that were connected with a long chain.
“Boy, immediately change back! And take off that blindfold!” said Genma as he walked from the Guide’s hut.
“Blindfold?” asked Ranma in irritated voice. “What are you talking about, you stupid old man? And first thing I’ll do now, will be beating you up for taking me to these stupid springs!”
With that she dashed to Genma, who saw that his son won’t listen to him and ran like hell.
“Get back here and take what’s coming to you!” yelled Ranma and before she could think how to do that, her reflexes acted up and brought the chain in her hands to life. It shot towards its target and tied itself around Genma’s legs. With a mighty pull, Ranma sent him flying backwards and smirked when he crash-landed at her feet.

“Yeah, I’m the best.” Ranma said in a smug voice and with a single motion freed her weapon.
When she noticed that his body was limp as if she knocked him out, she kicked him in the ribs and said.
”Come on old man, stop acting, I know the landing wasn’t that hard and I’m not finished with you yet.”
When her father refused to get up, she briefly thought of ways she could extract her revenge and not finding any to her liking, she sighed and turned to the Guide.
“So, hot water will cure this curse?”
“No, Mr. Customer. Hot water will change you back, but cold water will change again.”

Meanwhile, in Fuyuki city, Japan, a young girl finally finished a pentagram that, as she hoped, would summon a powerful warrior to her side. Brushing away one of the strands of her plum-colored hair, the only thing that brightened her rather shy and timid appearance, she walked out of the symbol she drew on the floor and picked up a small book.
Slowly, she started to read the incantation.

"Hear me.

If thou wouldst serve under me, my fate will be entwined with thy blade.

If thou wouldst hear these words under the laws of the grail, come.

For the river of war flows once more.

It calls to thee who followed its path.

By the memory of conflict held in this blade I abjure thee.

Let blood rain from the sky again.

Come forth, my servant!"

When she said the last words, the symbol before her glowed with power and strands of light rose from the ground, quickly coalescing into a glowing humanoid figure.
When the light subsided, the summoner saw a woman, in mid-twenties, with long purple hair and matching blindfold.
She wore short black dress that left her shoulders bare, shoulder length gloves that were held in place by purple metal rings and left her palms and fingers free. Thigh high boots finished her outfit.
“Man, not another stupid dream.” She said as she looked around, her blindfold obviously not blocking her sight. “Stupid old man, stupid curse.”
“Ahh, excuse me. I’m Sakura Matou. Are you my Servant in the Grail War?” asked the girl, when she mastered enough strength to speak.
Seeing that her guest ignored her, she tried again and this time, the older woman muttered something before she answered.
“Servant? Ranma Saotome is nobody’s servant. And what the hell is Grail War?”
Upon hearing that answer Sakura’s shoulders slumped and she reached for a handkerchief, an act that that got all of the attention from other woman. In fact, Ranma looked like she was about to panic.
Wiping away a tear she couldn’t hold back, Sakura started to answer.
“Grail War is very old. In it, seven mages fight each other until only one remains and that winner is granted any wish by Grail. But in order to make a wish, mages need help from spirits of legendary heroes that need to protect their Masters until Grail appears.”

“So, let me get this straight. You are a mage and used your magic to summon one of those Servants to protect you, until you get your wish?”

“I don’t really need a wish.”

When Ranma saw Sakura nod and reach for the handkerchief again, she desperately tried to find words that’ll calm the girl and suddenly a perfect plan to get rid both of the girl’s tears and her own curse formed in her mind.
“How about I’ll protect you? I’m no legendary hero but I’m one of the best martial artists there is. But in return I want that wish for myself.”

“…”

“Oh, come on. Stop crying already.” said Ranma when the other girl hugged her with tears of joy streaming freely.
‘I simply don’t understand girls. I said no and she cries, but when I said that I’ll do it, she cries even harder!’ thought the older girl trying to understand what she needed to do and decided to just stand still until the crying ended.

When Sakura finally released her, Ranma asked.
“So, what we do now?”

*2 “I’m very tired from casting so I’ll take a nap. And if you’re tired too, I’ll show you where my room is.” smiled the girl.
Ranma hesitated, she was a little tired but curse or no curse she was a guy and the girl’s sincere smile made it impossible to agree to her suggestion. Thinking quickly, she replied with enough confidence in her voice to convince even her father.
“Nah, I’m fine. I want to train and this room looks good enough, so I’ll stay here.”
The other girl nodded and exited the room, leaving her guardian alone.

“Ah, damn. I forgot to ask for some hot water.” cursed purple haired woman as she remembered about the Guide’s words. Sighing at loss of opportunity to change back, she manifested her chain and started her katas.

It was already dark when she was finishing her last exercise.
She blocked her imaginary enemy’s vertical sword slash with a chain between her hands and kicked him away with a chain around his neck. In one swift motion she crushed his throat and freed her weapon so she could throw the other end at her last foe. The spike slightly changed its course to bypass his shield and impaled him through the chest.
“Man, I’m good. I wonder when I became that good with chains though, I never even liked weapons.” mused Ranma, as she retracted her chain and threw her ponytail back over her shoulder so it wouldn’t tangle with her weapon.
“And I wonder I don’t want to make my hair shorter. Must be because, that curse is playing tricks with my mind.”

Dismissing her chain she yawned and began to stretch but instantly turned around blushing when she saw in a nearby mirror what that innocent move did to her short dress and well developed figure. ‘At least I turn into a good looking one that knows martial arts’ she thought and shook her head to clear out embarrassing images that appeared when she saw herself in too much detail.
‘Maybe I just need some sleep, Pops always says that when I get these feelings.’

But the sleep brought her no relief because she dreamed about that strange temple again and this time she walked inside. She passed both the outer row of columns and the two columns that stood before the entrance. Inside she saw a big and long hall, whose walls had many images carved in them, and three thrones, masterfully crafted from stone, stood near the opposite wall.
“Where’s everybody?” she asked, disliking the emptiness of the thrones for some reason and heard someone’s voice through the arc in the opposite wall. She was about to walk there but suddenly, a feeling that something was terribly wrong pulled her away from the dreamland.

Ranma woke up and leaped to her feet, trying to find what her danger sense was warning her about. When she couldn’t find any outside threats, she concentrated on feeling if there was anything wrong with her body and immediately heard somebody’s cry for help from a nearby room. ‘Ahh, damn, that’s bad. Maybe one of those mages she talked about found her while I slept.’ she thought, dashing to where the cry came from.

When she opened the door, she heard heavy breathing and moans and soon she saw Sakura lying on her bed in torn clothing with some guy on top of her. That made her hesitate for a second but when she Sakura’s teary face, it took only a second for Ranma’s chain to wrap itself around the rapist and throw him into the wall with a bone crushing force.
Seeing that he won’t be moving for a while, she ran to the girl, who was trying to pull together remains of her clothing, and quickly inspected her body for damage. Not finding anything serious, she sighed in relief and decided to show the guy, who was about to regain his consciousness, that treating someone so badly would cost you at least a few broken bones if n.
But when she started to rise from the bed, Sakura caught her hand and refused to let her go.
“But I’m not leaving you. I just want to beat him up for what he’s done with you.”

“That’s right sister, control your Servant, or better give me your Command seals right now!”
Said Shinji when rose to his knees and tried not to move his left hand. Hearing no response, he snarled.
“Give me those seals before I told Shiro what I was doing to you at night!”

The expression in Sakura eyes briefly changed from fearful to panic but when she looked at her guardian, it changed to anger and she released the gloved hand she was holding.
Ranma flashed a reassuring smile the smaller girl and soon, not only Shinji wasn’t able to speak but he could barely move at all.

When she finished, Ranma wanted to turn but froze when she remembered that the other girl was almost naked.
“Umm… Can you put some clothes on first?” and when she heard a faint *yes* and rustling of clothes, she asked.
“Is this guy really your brother? Why didn’t you called police or told your parents about this?”
There was a silence for several seconds before Sakura answered with slight resentment in her voice.
“I was adopted by grandfather Zouken. He’s a very cruel man. And I couldn’t tell anyone because… Shiro would hate me if he heard about it.”
Ranma turned to stare at now fully clothed girl in disbelief ‘She took that much crap because she’s worried what some guy would think of her? I really don’t understand her. And there’s no way I’m letting her stay with these people’

She walked to the door and was about to exit, but heard that Sakura wasn’t moving and, literally, pulled the plum haired girl out in the corridor and asked for directions until she heard an answer.

Soon they reached Zouken’s room and when Ranma found out that it was locked, she knocked it down with a kick and entered, pulling Sakura after her.
“Hey, are you Zouken?” she asked a very old man sitting at the desk near the opposite wall.
The old man’s eyes rose from the book he was reading and scanned the pair.
“A Rider class Servant. I’m glad you succeeded Sakura, but if you won’t control her, I’ll give your seals to Shinji.”
Ranma cut him off. “Hey, watch it! I’m nobody’s servant! I’m just helping her to get out of this.” She walked towards him and stopped when a faint trace of worry appeared on his face. Looking straight in his eyes, she said with a tone that usually meant that she was ready to fight seriously.
“I have an offer for you old man. You leave Sakura alone and I won’t paralyze you for the rest of your life as you deserve. And don’t worry about this Grail War you put her in. I am one of the best there is so she’ll win it for sure. Is that a deal?”
She saw him slowly nod and started to walk back, but stopped when she remembered a small detail she forgot to mention.
“Oh, yes. You better call an ambulance for Shinji.”

Landing near the house that fit Sakura’s description, Ranma looked at the girl in her arms that fell asleep while they roofhopped towards Shiro’s house and gently shook her.
“Hey, wake up. Is this the right one?”
Sakura woke up and her eyes widened in fear when she saw something above them.
Ranma immediately jumped away, her danger sense telling that she had no time to look up.

Landing far enough to protect her fragile cargo form almost anything, she turned around and saw a woman about her age with blond hair gathered into a knot behind leaving only two strands that framed her face with expressionless green eyes. She wore a blue dress with plate armor protecting vital areas.

“Hey, what’s your problem?” yelled Ranma. “I didn’t come here to fight.”
“Don’t take me for a fool, Rider.” answered her opponent, lifted her hands as if she held an invisible sword and charged them with an obvious murderous intent.

‘I really need my hands to fight but Sakura won’t live a second if I put her down.’ thought the purple haired woman when her ponytail lost an inch of length even though she was sure that she was safe from that sword slash. ‘Oh, I’ll just ask for some hot water and show her I’m not a Servant like she thinks I am.’

But her words were ignored by the swordswoman who finally managed to land a hit and even though it was very shallow, deeper ones could follow any second.

Ranma was already thinking of running away when she saw a redheaded boy, probably a high school student, exiting the house they were jumping around.
“What’s wrong Saber?” he asked when he noticed his Servant attacking a purple haired woman who carried a younger girl in her bloodied arms.
“Shiro, go back in the house. It’s Rider and her master.” answered Saber landing near him in a defensive stance.
“Gah. For the last time! I didn’t come here to fight! Shiro stop that maniacal friend of your before she kills Sakura. And if you give me some hot water, I’ll prove that I’m not a Servant.”

Shiro looked closely at the girl in Rider’s arms and hurried to her, not listening to Saber’s warnings.

To be continued...?
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:59 am

I like it a lot. But why didn't Genma change when he fell ino the first spring? Or does that have a significance in later chapters?

and didn't Ranma notice the blindfold when she looked into the mirror?

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Kilich » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:29 am

Dumbledork wrote:I like it a lot. But why didn't Genma change when he fell ino the first spring? Or does that have a significance in later chapters?

He did o.0 But as soon as he heard the Guide talking about how to change back, he ran to the Guide's hut to change and quickly returned.

Nope. That should be the last time Genma makes an appearance.

Dumbledork wrote:and didn't Ranma notice the blindfold when she looked into the mirror?

She did, but she already knew about it.

I guess I missed the part when Ranma found out that she has a blindfold on and was rather happy with it, because it's like an see-through armor for a very vulnerable spot and nobody can tell where she looks. This should've happened just before she was summoned.

Okay, glad you liked it. I'll finish that chapter and start writing the second one.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:55 am

As I said before, I don't know much about Fate Stay Night, but is this what Ranma looks like?

http://www.hongfire.com/cg/showphoto.ph ... 7/size/big

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Muramasa » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:38 pm

I ended up liking this quite a bit. :)

I thought Saber's and Sakura's character at this point of F/SN canon was spot on.

Some minor notes. I found this out rather recently but as it turns out Riders nails aren't connected at all. The chains are just very *very* long. I suspect though that you can connect them and even extend/shorten the length of the chain all by will.

Also I doubt you read the visual novel but most servant are freakin' FAST. Rin and Shirou were left in absolute awe at the display of both Archer and Lancer fighting. They were both absolute blurs. It's also very much indicated that Lancer held back.

You won't see any of that in the anime. Power levels of servants are toned down quite a bit.

In any case this is a great first attempt. Things I'd go over in the future would be the disparity of power between Ranma's 'girl' form and him as normal. That's gonna sober him up quite a bit. :roll:

@Dumbledork: Yep, that's Rider/Ranma alright though that picture is rather plain.
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Postby Kilich » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:13 pm

I just try to follow the spirit of both Fate\stay night and Ranma as close as i can. *blushes*

He's already surprised at amount of techniques that he knows but doesn't remember learning. Thanks for the info on her weapon and the photo that show that the purple rings on her hands are leather, not metal as i thought.

Oh, and stop the compliments before i get confident and lower the level of expectations I set so high after reading so many good fics. :)
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:07 pm

Muramasa wrote:I ended up liking this quite a bit. :)

I thought Saber's and Sakura's character at this point of F/SN canon was spot on.

Some minor notes. I found this out rather recently but as it turns out Riders nails aren't connected at all. The chains are just very *very* long. I suspect though that you can connect them and even extend/shorten the length of the chain all by will.

Also I doubt you read the visual novel but most servant are freakin' FAST. Rin and Shirou were left in absolute awe at the display of both Archer and Lancer fighting. They were both absolute blurs. It's also very much indicated that Lancer held back.

You won't see any of that in the anime. Power levels of servants are toned down quite a bit.

In any case this is a great first attempt. Things I'd go over in the future would be the disparity of power between Ranma's 'girl' form and him as normal. That's gonna sober him up quite a bit. :roll:

@Dumbledork: Yep, that's Rider/Ranma alright though that picture is rather plain.

Do you have a more accurate picture?

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Kilich » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:24 am

Here's the end of the Day 1(chapter 1) and all of Day 2.

I caught a cold so i don't anything to do but to write. So expect Day 3 soon.
Due to my headache, i'm afraid that the quality here might be a bit lower and i barely check my grammar.

A few notes about changes to the timeline first.

Shiro introduces Saber to Taiga the first morning after she was summoned.
Sakura couldn’t come that morning because Zouken ordered her to perform the summoning ritual as soon as possible.
Shiro met Kotomine that day, so he knows enough about the Grail War.
The first night, Rin didn’t drag Shiro off to a patrol where they met Ilya and Berserker. Instead she and Archer searched for more Masters.

Inside of the house, Shiro put a kettle on a stove, to boil some water as Rider asked and went back in the living room where the girls sat.

“Shiro, I still think that is wrong to help a Master and her Servant. This War can’t be won by allying with enemy.” said Saber, glaring daggers at aforementioned people.
“I can’t do it, Saber. Sakura is my friend and Rider took all this wounds so she could bring her to me. I can’t harm them.” answered Shiro and went to get a first aid kit.
“Well, I can see why Sakura likes that guy so much. He’s…” started Ranma but stopped when Sakura blushed deeply and tugged her glove. But she misunderstood her and thought that Sakura warned her not to tell anyone how she was treated at home.
“Okay. I won’t say why we’re going to ask Shiro if you could stay with him.”
In response, the girl blushed even deeper and Saber’s dagger glare evolved to swords.

“I got a medpack. Should I bandage your wounds?” asked Shiro returning with a small, old bag.
“Nah. I’ll do it myself. How’s the kettle?” said Rider, taking the bag and putting it nearby.

“Water is ready. Should I make tea?”
“If you want, but I just need it to splash myself.”
“…Okay.”

A few minutes later, the redheaded boy returned carrying a tray with steaming cups.
Ranma grabbed hers and poured the water on her wounded shoulder and a cloud of steam and bright sparks surrounded her.
“Gah!! Too hot!” yelled a voice, younger and definitely male from within the quickly dissolving cloud.
When the cloud dispersed, everybody in the room saw a raven haired boy, about Shiro age, dressed in an old white gi and who was inspecting his reddened arm.
The reactions of other three people were surprisingly different. Shiro looked like he was struck by a lightning, Saber looked very puzzled as if she was trying to remember something she forgot a long time ago and Sakura looked uncomfortable and tried not to look at either of boys.

Looking at them, Ranma put the sleeve back and smiled apologetically “I’m Ranma Saotome. Sorry about this.”

Finally, a cup’s edge in Shiro’s hand was low enough for some hot tea to spill, awakening him from his trance. Carefully putting the cup on the table and shaking his head to clear out the fog inside, he asked.
“So, that’s why you told us that you’re no Servant?”
“Yeah. Earlier today I and my father were on our training trip and we came to a *legendary training ground* in China. And then, because of that stupid old man, I got this curse. Now whenever I’m splashed with cold water I turn into a girl and hot water changes me back.” said the raven-haired boy, bandaging his arm.

Saber put her cup down as well and said in a cold voice.
“That’s an interesting story. But Shiro, I don’t think we should believe it because even in this era it would take far more than several hours to here from China unless you a mage. And since I can’t feel a magic circuit in him, I’m inclined to believe that he is a Servant with an ability to disguise as a normal human.”
“Gahh…” was the only thing Ranma could say, not believing that they thought he was a ‘she’ in disguise. Frowning, he said.
“All right, so it was Sakura who brought me, in my girl form, to her house today with some spell an I agreed to protect her. But I’m not a Servant! I’m just helping her so I can get that wish and she could get out of this War alive.”
Saber smiled and nodded, but Ranma suspected she didn’t believe a single word he said.

Shiro finished his tea and asked in a slightly confused voice, this whole Grail War situation still too eerie for him.
“So, why did you come here? Only for a cup of hot water?”
Ranma started to answer but a tug from the girl near him stopped him.
“We came to ask you if we could stay at your place, Shiro-sempai. We really want to.” said Sakura, timidly but with a hidden resolve mixed with hope and after a few seconds long silence, she continued.
“I would never fight against you, I promise!”

Saber saw that Shiro reached the decision, but most likely a wrong one and tried to change it.
“Shiro, you can’t invite them here! Since you do not allow me to sleep in your room, I will be late should Rider decide to kill you.”

“I’m sorry Saber, but I believe her. If she wants to stay here, she can.” answered Shiro in a firm voice and gathered the empty cups before carrying them to the kitchen, followed by Sakura.
Saber looked at his retreating back and frowned, probably remembered one of the less pleasant memories.
Soon she turned to Ranma and said coldly.
“My Master might be too soft, but I’m not. And I won’t allow you to stand in my way to the Grail.”
“Man, I really have the worst luck.” sighed the boy, and as if to prove his words, the healing cream he used on his burned arm started to work, creating less then pleasant sensations along his skin.

When Shiro and Sakura returned, the latter was yawning. Saber’s Master looked at her and asked uncertainly.
“I’m afraid my house is not big enough to give everyone a room, so will it be all right for you sleep in one room?”

Stifling another yawn, Sakura answered, looking pleadingly at Ranma.
“Of course, sempai. Show us the room.”

Ranma just sighed, remembered the girl’s teary face when he saved her from Shinji and why he agreed to help her in the first place and went to the kitchen for the cold water.
Day 2.

A few notes about changes to the timeline.

Shiro introduces Saber to Taiga the first morning after she was summoned.
Sakura couldn’t come that morning because Zouken ordered her to perform the summoning ritual as soon as possible.
Shiro met Kotomine that day, so he knows enough about the Grail War.
The first night, Rin didn’t drag Shiro off to a patrol where they met Ilya and Berserker. Instead she and Archer searched for more Masters.

When Ranma woke up, she thanked heavens that her sleep was dreamless. Briefly scanning her condition, he or rather she found herself way more relaxed then she could ever feel with those stupid morning ambushes her father kept calling *awareness practice*.

When she looked around she saw that Sakura already left and a delicious smells could be felt in the air. And even though she wasn’t really hungry, she licked her lips in anticipation and on her current form it looked like it was caused by anything but hunger. Hunger for food that is.

“Man, finally a real home-cooked meal instead of that cheap stuff Pops always buys or steals.”
“It’s seems it’s not ready though.” she sighed with disappointment and since she didn’t want to distract anyone from the kitchen, she decided to wander around in search of a place to train.

Finally she heard the sounds of quick movements and controlled breathing that usually accompanied her martial art practices. When she entered the room, no a hall, she saw Saber in usual clothing instead of her armored dress, doing katas with a wooden sword.

“Do you mind if I spar with you? Or you’ll try to kill me again?” asked Rider, her melodic voice sounding almost sarcastic.
Saber looked at her with her usual guarded glare and answered.
“I promised my Master that I won’t attack you until you attack us first and I’m afraid it includes any sparring sessions”
‘At least today I won’t ’ she added mentally and repositioned herself so she could keep the other Servant in sight while they practiced.

“Ah, food!” exclaimed Ranma, still in his girl form when Shiro came to call them for breakfast and turned into a blur.

“Shiro! Who is that purple haired woman?”
Upon hearing Taiga’s roar, Shiro felt his doom approach and almost turned into a blur himself.

“I knew I should’ve not agreed to let any girls to live with you. You’ve three of them with you now.” cried Taiga, grabbing the boy.
“B-But, Fuji-nee-e.” tried to answer the boy while the older girl shook him like a leaf.
“With Sakura living here I can prepare twice as much food you like so much. And Rider is her guardian so you don’t have to worry about her.”
“Ohh, a guardian.” cooed Taiga teasingly and put the boy down.

“You’re done already? The food is getting cold.” said purple haired *guardian*, mentally hitting Shiro on the head for calling her Rider instead of the name she gave them yesterday.

When they started to eat, Shiro sweatdropped when he saw Rider demolish all of her food and asked for more in less then a minute.
‘Maybe they came here because Sakura couldn’t get enough food to satisfy her.’ he thought in a slight amazement but shook those thoughts away. Sakura would never do such a thing.

After the breakfast, rather short thanks to both Servants and Taiga’s leave, both Shiro and Sakura prepared for school and the girl asked her purple haired friend.
“Do you want to go to the school with us?”
Ranma blinked in surprise and answered.
“Nah. I don’t really like school. I’ll stay here to practice. And don’t worry, If anything bad happens to you I’ll feel it and come to help.”

Several classes later, Rin Tōsaka, a model student, an idol of this school and the girl who saved Shiro’ life after he was almost killed by Lancer only a night ago, came to him with a look that was less then pleasant.

“Emiya, did you know that Sakura is one of the Masters? Archer saw the seals on her hand while he followed you.”
“Yes. But I will not kill either of them.”
“How do you expect to end the War then?” asked Rin in sarcastic voice. “By turning all of the Masters into friends?”
“I will not harm them.” answered Shiro in a, rare for him, firm voice.
Rin threw up her hands in exasperation and turning around, she said.
“You’re lucky that Archer can’t fight other Servants yet, or I would’ve made you surrender Saber Command Seal to me. Even though just killing you would be a lot easier.”

After the school ended, Shiro went home wondering, along the way, why Ayako Mitsuzuri was absent from both school and archery dojo for several days already.
When he remembered that he left both Servants alone and that they yesterday they were ready to kill each other, he started to walk much faster.

But when he arrived he found out that it’s going to the least of his worries for now, since all of the food in the house was eaten and Rider flashed a mischievous smile that made the boy rather uncomfortable, because such smile usually meant that he was about to be asked to do something rather hard.

“I’ll go buy some more food.” He sighed and turned around to walk outside, when he felt a hand on his collar.
“Sakura asked me to help you with buying food and you’ll be giving me directions. Now hold on!” said Ranma and jumped on the roof of the nearest house.
Almost immediately, another figure jumped after them, her armor appearing in mid-flight.

“We’re home.” said Rider when she returned, carrying huge bag in each hand and Saber landed soon after, carrying the boy. At Sakura’s suggestion, both bags and Shiro were dropped off in the kitchen, since dinner time wasn’t that far away already.

When the night came and Sakura started to think of a way to be invited in Shiro’s room for the night, an unexpected guest came.
“Emiya, it’s time for patrolling the city. Maybe will find another Master tonight… Sakura, what are you doing here at this time?!” exclaimed Rin Tōsaka when she entered the house and saw her sister and her Servant sitting in the living room with Shiro and Saber. And they didn’t look like they were going home anytime soon.

“Shiro allowed us to live with him. And what are you doing here?” answered the plum haired girl with mixed feelings in her voice. Her sister was the last one she expected to see tonight and she appeared to ruin her night with Shiro, no less!

“Emiya, I really have to talk with about that.” said Rin and turned to her sister again.
“Sakura we could use Rider’s help but you’ll have to stay here, since you’re not fit for fighting.”

“No, I think it’ll be better if I and Shiro went out and you stayed here, Rin. You don’t have a Servant, do you?” answered the girl, hoping that she’ll have some private time with Shiro after all.

“This is no time to get jealous! He allowed you to stay because he’s too soft to refuse, just like he agreed yesterday that I should stay here as well. Silence, Shiro.” Rin interrupted the boy before he could ask, when exactly he allowed her to live at his house.

“And since my Servant is wounded and I’m a more experienced Master than you, it’ll be better if you give Rider to me.” said Rin, wanting to both remove her sister from the War and possible harm and fully return to the War as a Master.

But when she saw the other girl defiantly shake her head, Rin sighed and decided that actions speak louder than words. She grabbed Shiro’s hand and pulled him outside with Saber following them and soon only their fading voices could be heard.
“You don’t have to treat Servants as humans. They are just spiritual beings.”
“I can’t do it, Rin.”
“Hopeless.”

“So…” Ranma broke the uncomfortable atmosphere created by Sakura’s nervousness.
“Want me to follow them and help if they get into a fight they can’t handle?”
The girl kept her silence for another minute before worry for Shiro’s safety won over helping Rin.
“Yes. I won’t forgive myself if sempai gets hurt because I wasn’t there to help.” said the girl and stood up so the older woman could pick her up.
“Hold on!” said Rider cheerfully and started roof hopping in the direction she thought that others went.

“Can you see them yet?” asked the girl in Ranma arms after several minutes of high speed jumping.
“No. Maybe they turned somewhere… Oh, wait. I feel something.”

After a few more jumps in a new direction, they landed near a woman in purple and green robes whose hood was off, revealing her blue hair and closed eyes.
“What happened here?” asked Ranma putting Sakura down so she could inspect the woman’s wounds but found none.
“Maybe a Servant and her Master died and left her without any Mana?”
“What’s Mana?”
“It’s power that Masters provide for their Servants. It’s vital for Servant’s existence.”
“That’s good to know.” sweatdropped Ranma, realizing that if it weren’t for Sakura’s summoning, she would’ve probably be dead by now.
“I can’t just leave her to die in the street. Is there any way to help her?”
“Yes. I don’t to leave her to die here either.”

When they returned home, they saw that the house was still empty and put the blue haired woman on the bed in their room.
“Damn, none of the pressure points are working.” cursed black and purple clad woman, trying to wake up their guest. ‘Maybe the curse throws my aim off and I just can’t find them’

A minute later, the raven-haired boy came into the room, but the pressure points still refused to work. Frowning he decided to use less gentle but almost as effective methods.
He shook her, hard but carefully and then slapped. The woman slowly opened her blue eyes that held even richer color than Ranma’s sapphire ones
“Why am I here?” she asked, looking around.
“Well…” answered the boy scratching the base of his ponytail.
“We found you on the street and brought here. I couldn’t just leave you here, okay?” he finished a bit harsher when he saw her faint disbelieving look.

“I sense some Mana in you, but you are no mage. How did that happened?” she asked, too tired to think of his unusual kindness.
“I do? Say, is there a way to give it to you?
“Only if your become my Master. And I, Caster class Servant, am not sure I’ll refuse.” faintly smiled Caster.
“So you’re a Servant after all. I’ll become your Master but first there’s a thing you must know about.”
The boy stood up and splashed himself with cold water from the glass nearby. After a sparkling show, he changed into a… Servant! ‘How is it possible? ‘Is it her Noble Phantasm or an external spell?’ she thought, and tried to feel what kind of magic did that but she was too low on Mana even for the simplest of spells.
“So, do you agree?” said Rider, using hot water to change back.
“Yes, Mistress.” smiled Caster and noticed the boy wince at that.

Ranma’s words about the trio meeting somebody too strong for them, proved to be a prophecy, when a giant that looked like he was carved from stone and carried a young blond girl, landed in front of Saber and two Masters.
“Get back Shiro.” said Saber,
“Good night Rin” cheerfully said the girl, when the giant put her down.
“I’m Illyasviel von Einzbern.” she said and smiled when she saw surprise on the Rin’s face.
“I see there’s no need to introduce myself any further. Now I just want to ask you Rin, before Berserker kills you all. Are you Lancer’s Master? He appeared yesterday and tried to kill Berserker and even escaped!” Ilya stomped, like a child who was denied a piece of candy.
“No.” answered Rin, whispering to her companions to be careful.
“Then I’ll kill you now.” said Ilya, her voice not losing its cheerfulness. “Do it, Berserker!”
The giant leaped at the trio with roar, the change from standing stone still to movement as abrupt as an explosion.
Saber jumped towards him and after deflecting his axe-club she jumped to side to avoid follow up swing and tried to slash his right shoulder, only to get backhanded away.
“Saber!”

“I’m fine, Shiro.” answered the swordswoman as she dodged both the axe-club and the shockwave, that she could see because of her *invisible air* training. She leaped on the nearby pole and ran along the wires towards Berserker’s Master, but the giant was fast enough to save Ilya with a series of swings Saber barely parried.
“Kill her Berserker! Now!”
The giant roared and charged his enemy. Saber charged as well, knowing now how she could land a hit. Both warriors met and departed, Saber’s sword drawing a cloud of sparks from the giant’s skin while the axe-club drew a cloud of blood.
“Saber!! Run!” yelled Shiro when he saw Saber fall to the ground, Rin put a hand on his shoulder to prevent him from running to his Servant.
“Nobody can withstand power of the strongest hero of Greece.” smiled Ilya, although her smile carried no warmth.
“You mean? Could it be…?’ asked Rin, her grip on Shiro’s shoulder weakened because of the shock.
“Yes. His name is Hercules, the strongest of Servants. Finish her now, Berserker!” said Ilya and the giant once again leaped at his enemy with a roar.

‘Saber! I… I won’t let you die!’ thought Shiro, and his Holy Mark briefly flared to life, giving enough speed to shove Saber out the way. The axe-club crushed his arm and ribs, creating a fountain of blood, but nevertheless was stopped.
“Shiro!” cried both Saber and Rin while Ilya just stared at his crushed body in astonishment.
“Why?” suddenly her expression changed to the irritation and she said.
“This is boring. I’ll kill you next time Rin. Come, Berserker!”
Soon Ilya disappeared in the night leaving Tōsaka with a task to carry the boy to his home, since Saber barely could walk herself.
“Of all the stupid things to do, Emiya.” she sighed, her clothes immediately becoming soaked with blood when she picked up the boy.

A few more notes. Taiga's teased Shiro about the Sakura and her *guardian* living with him because she thinks that those are finally ready to become a couple and Rider came just to make sure that Shiro is worthy of Sakura's attention.
She wanted to help the boy by talking with Sakura's *guardian* but decided not to bother a woman with such a strange appearance.

I'm not sure if Caster becoming Ranma's Servant is a good idea. Maybe she'll pass away the next day, but will give Shiro her Rule Breaker as a gift for their kindness. And this way Shiro will be able to trace it when needed.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Next

Return to Outlines and Scenes