Is this a bad idea?

Bridging the gap between Ideas and C&C.

Post individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Is this a bad idea?

Postby Wyrd » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:00 pm

I wasn't certain exactly where to post this. I'm planning on posting the chapters I've written in c&c before posting them on ff.net, but wanted to get a couple more chapters in before I did that, as there are a few things I'm not certain how I'm going to handle exactly that could necessitate revisions to make some foreshadowing clearer. As a result, if I do write this scene you will get to see the full version in, I hope, a few weeks to a month.

The scene I'm working on right now has Kasumi visiting Juuban. I've already established in story that Kasumi doesn't just do housework, she applied the principles of Tendo Anything Goes to it to create a variety of housekeeping-fu that, like Tai Chi, is primarily used for mental focus and spiritual advancement, along with keeping in shape. I am extremely tempted to have a filthy youma show up and have Kasumi grab a broom or mop and literally mop the floor with him until the Senshi arrive and have to spend a few minutes stopping themselves from laughing before they can finish it off. This scene is a bit more lighthearted than the rest of my story, but it is following a particularly dark scene and I thought that it might be a good change of pace before some more serious stuff that was about to come up.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Re: Is this a bad idea?

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:32 pm

How about adding Ryouga having gotten lost in a store that she would normally buy cleaning supplies from making it so they are closed for repairs. Jubaan isn't that close to Nerima after all. And have Akane's latest violence against Ranma result in her having broken a mop or broom that has Kasumi out buying replacements for. That gives you reason for her to be looking or being in a place selling what she would need to use as well as being out of her usual District. Next best pricing since local deals are not available at the moment.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:52 am

I already have her in Juuban for plot reasons that involve the 'serious stuff to follow,' but I might could add that she has to wait a while and decides to do some shopping while she is there. Azabu-Juuban is one of the biggest shopping districts of Tokyo, after all, at least according to a Tokyo tourism site I was looking at.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:05 am

Well the north side touches on almost every fameous shopping area in Tokyo. Its just Nerima is further north and well there's allot of everything in between.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:40 am

It is a fukufic, which means that I needed a reason for Ranma to wind up in Juuban eventually anyways, and since I know better I wasn't going to move them so they were conveniently neighboring districts. I also didn't want to rush into them winding up in Juuban, which is why there will be several scenes setting it up before they go there, Kasumi's visit to the area being one of them. I did specify that she had to take the train to get there. Even if she is a martial artist in this story, she isn't enough of one to run that far and back on the rooftops faster than the train could carry her. Besides, she would get all sweaty and disheveled, which wouldn't be proper at all.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:10 am

What I mean is that unless you are bargain hunting its unlikely to take you to the far side of the business district when there are the same stores on your side of it. That is what I meant.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Shanami » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Well, I like the idea. I forget which story it was, but there was a fic where Ranma talks about the various Nerima martial artists killing Youma including an elderly lady beating one to death with Martial Arts Tea Ceremony and impaling it with some spoons. I could easily see Kasumi using Martial Arts Housekeeping to do something similar.

I say go for it :)
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:26 pm

Martial Arts Housekeeping huh? You could have her using chemical warfare and other implements from a sort of Anarchist Cookbook. Making poison gas with bleach, using 'the right household chemicals in the proper proportions', hell MacGyverish gadgets/inventions aren't out of the running either. I mean if you want to go the literal route that'd be a shame because you could do something much, much funnier.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:38 pm

There has been an example of Kasumi creating Anything goes Martial Arts Housekeeping before but I'm having trouble remembering which fic it was in. I do remember that it left Akane feeling upset that Kasumi was clearly doing better than her after Ranma figured out how to translate that to more traditional indiscriminate grappling.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:49 pm

a yumo being beaten by the mistress of the house with house hold items and the scouts laughing thier buts off....i say go for it and i can not wait to see it.
master of house cleaning fu.....thats classic.....
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Outlines and Scenes