Ranma & Lina (Ranma 1/2 & Slayers)

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Postby Blackcat101 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:15 am

Summary: Shampoo gets so desperate about not being able to kill "Girl Ranma" that she summons a Demon to get rid of her. That lands Ranma Saotome in a land of Might and Magic, one were certain redhead sorceress looks a lot like Ranma female form. And it just happens the fellow redhead is in need of a partner to watch her back...

Chapter 01: Redheads

AN1: If parts of this sound similar is because this is a reboot of an old fanfic of mine... well more like four old fanfics "Frankensteined" together.

"What is your request?" Asked the tall black dragon, Shampoo had to use all her skills as a Martial Artist to not to tremble in fear and pee herself. She had wanted to summon a small weak demon, not this. But she knew angering such a being was stupid, so Shampoo decided to go with her plan anyway.

"I want Ranma to..." Then Shampoo paused. While she had to kill the redhead due to the kiss of death, asking a demon to kill someone was really bad Karma, and her payment would have to be bigger, he may even demand her soul.

"I want Ranma Saotome banished from this world forever, what do you want in exchange?" It had not been hard to find the girl full name, even if for some reason her father keep calling her "boy" , maybe he was insane?

"Mmm." The Black dragon looked at her and licked his lips. "You smell like you haven't been tainted by a man yet, but I also smell that you are saving yourself. So how about this? I will take over your body for a year in exchange for banishing Ranma Saotome from this world forever, during that time no man shall taint you and I will not break the rules of your tribe, is that acceptable?"

Shampoo closed her fists so hard they bleed, but it was this or being banished from her village until she could kill girl Ranma. And she just could not kill the redhead no matter what she had tried. If she took too much longer her great Grandmother would probably come looking for her and offer training and that was basically torture! It was so bad that even losing control of her body for a year was a better deal.

"Yes." she said in clenched teeth.

"Deal." The black dragon said, and the clear skies of Nerima suddenly covered in black clouds. A bolt of red lighting felt from the sky and tried to hit a redhead martial artist, who miraculously dogged it.

"I see, looks like I will have to take care of this personally." The dragon flapped his wings, strong gusts of wind lifting the dragon up. almost blowing Shampoo away, and the creature, that was bigger than a house, went after Ranma.

Now, maybe in a few years Ranma would have been at least be able to keep evading the black Dragon, but since he came to Nerima the hardest fight he got was one Ryoga Hibiki. He had yet to face any supernatural opponent or even a Martial Arts Grandmaster. So while Ranma tried his best but the dragon demon ended hitting him with red lighting and vanished him from Earth.

Then the dragon picked Shampoo in his arms and went to look for a quiet place to complete the deal, he didn't want anyone else looking.

IIII

Hours later, Ranma woke up in a forest clearing, his head hurt, and he had no clue where he was, but that wasn't what was worrying the martial artist.

"What? I am naked?" Not only had he been unable to evade that big dragon thing but apparently he was now naked? Oh and still in his female form, just great.

Looking around, he did not have time to panic thinking about how things usually went bad when someone was both naked and a girl, as he heard some noise behind her.

"Oh, what we have here? A beautiful maiden missing their clothes!" said a rough male voice, Ranma turned around and saw what he guessed were a group of bandits. They where dressed in dirty looking clothes, some of the clothes even had a few holes in them. They were armed with rusty looking swords. Ranma stood up and looked at them defiantly, as if daring them to come closer.

Less than a minute later, the bandits were unconscious, thanks to the redhead having given them a good beating. He felt strangely satisfied, having caused them pain, even if it was justified because of what those guys planed to do to him. Noticing that he was still naked, Ranma robbed the bandits of their clothes, just leaving the underwear because he didn't dare to touch that. Didn't these guys know of something called hygiene? Probably not. He then noticed that the bandits had some small pouches with what she assumed were coins. He took those too. Then rummaged around the clothes finding what would fit him. Once he was dressed, he picked all coins and put them in a big sack the bandits had. Then tied the sack to his waist and just ran away a few miles inside the forest, even getting into a river he found to lose his trail. Once Ranma felt safe, he sat down next to a tree, and just sat down to rest and clear his head. Ranma wondered why he had also taken the money, but didn't actually feel bad about doing it.

'Probably the decade of training I expended around the old man, he did stuff like this after all.'

"They were bandits, and it is not like I killed them. Uh... maybe I should have gotten rid of those swords, but I was kind in a hurry." Now that the adrenaline rush was over, he felt tired, strangely tired, in fact Ranma was pretty sure that if he had not been naked and facing bandits that he would have felt tired when he appeared in this forest.

"I have no clue were the fuck I am but at least there doesn't seem to be any uncute tomboys or Kodachis here." Ranma then looked around, but as saying that didn't summon Akane Tendo or Kodachi Kuno, he relaxed. What should he do now? Remembering his days of wandering with the damn panda, he should look for a a path in the forest that looked like it was heavily traveled. No matter where he was, if there was money there was bound to be some place to expend it buying food, and maybe also a place where he could rest and take a bath.

After a few hours of walking Ranma looked somewhat incredulous at the small town in which he just arrived, because all of the buildings looked like something out of a western fairy tales book illustration. Or since Ranma had never seen anything like that, like something in that movie with King Arthur he had seen at the Tendo's TV once.

The people moving up and down the stone street were dressed in strange clothing, like out from some anime set in the European middle ages and carts drawn by both people and animals clattered by. The air was clean, too clean in fact. There wasn't any smoke coming from factories or cars. Something Ranma heard watching a movie on television once seemed fairy appropriate "Looks like we aren't in Kansai anymore, Toto." People barely paid any attention to her. Well, she could worry where the heck she was later, first things first, find a place to stay and buy clothes for herself.

IIII

"Run! Is Lina Inverse, the Bandit Slayer!"

"I'm Ranma Saotome, RANMA! Heck, I don't even wear red anymore, why do they keep confusing me with that other redhead?" It had been a week and this just keep happening to Ranma.

"Wait, you aren't Lina Inverse? This is gonna be easy then!"

Ranma cracked his knuckles and jumped at tbe bandits. A few minutes later they were all defeated, some even with bones broken. At first he had gone soft on criminals due to not knowing the local laws but apparently no one cared if he ended killing them.

In fact despite the fact he was in a more rustic place, it had been nice so far not having to deal with Genma and Soun trying to marry him to Akane quickly, or with that crazy Chinese amazon chick that wanted to kill him or with Kodachi, or with Nabiki blackmailing him or-

'Wow my life in Nerima sure had a lot of problems. Do I miss anything besides Kasumi cooking and having a roof over my head?'

Ranma just stood there thinking about it.

'Well Akane is nice sometimes, and Kodachi is pretty but she poisons me... but yeah I think that's all.'

Since it was depressing to keep thinking about it, Ranma quickly stripped the bandits from any valuables.

Meanwhile, not too far away a lone figure moved through the dark forest Ranma had left not long ago. She was a short girl about fourteen years old with long red hair that reached her shoulders. The girl wore a black and red cape and over-sized shoulder plates. Her tunic and pants were red and a strip of yellow cloth stretched across her chest and at her side swung a small sword. While she didn't look like much, all that was needed was her releasing a simple over sized fireball spell for people to get scared and run for their lives. Because the girl, who was shorter than Ranma's female form, was the infamous Lina Inverse. And she wasn't having a good day, it had only been a short while since she and the annoying sorceress called Naga the Serpent had parted ways, and she was already starting to regret it. Not because she was fond of Naga, or because of that stupid thing called friendship, but because being a lone traveler made her a target, and even Lina inverse had a limit on how many spells she could cast before fainting in exhaustion. She would have tried to stay in a town for a while, doing odd magic jobs, but no one wanted to hire her, and it was way easier just to steal from bandits anyway. Worse, her quest for an ultimate offensive spell had been a total failure, all what she had found so far were disappointments in one way or another.

Just a few days later...

"MY NAME IS RANMA SAOTOME, NOT LINA INVERSE! And I am pretty sure I ain't her big sister!" Unfortunately Ranma's words came after he had used his new magic sword to burn the bandits, and then beat the crap out of them, so there was no one awake to listen to him.

'Why does the magic stuff only work when I am a girl? And first time in a while I don't get hit by cold water too.'

Thinking about it, due to the lack to access to hot water he had expended a whole lot of time as a girl since he got to whatever the heck this place was. Maybe the past? He had no clue.

"Ehem." Said a voice behind Ranma. Ranma looked behind him and saw a girl that looked a lot like his female form, if with smaller breasts.

Did... did he just jump into someone else fight by accident?

Ranma turned to face at the fellow redhead. "Hi, so you are Lina Inverse? My name is Ranma Saotome, nice to meet ya."

"Yes, I am Lina Inverse and I didn't need your help!" Lina looked at the other redhead, she was wearing the clothes of a sorceress, in blue and green. Unlike others she had seen with that type of body. like Naga, this girl seemed to like to cover herself. She had as much clothing as Lina had, maybe even more. Then again her only magic had been the use of that sword. Although it was the type of magical item that only worked if one was able to use magic.

"Who says I was helping you? It was just revenge, these guys burned a town a few miles away..." Ranma looked at the shorter and somewhat flat chested redhead, he guessed this was the kind of person it would be bad to annoy, no matter how tempting it was. It was also weird how their voices sounded somewhat alike when he was a girl.

Thinking about it, it was no wonder people keep confusing them.

"So, you are some kind of heroine? Or it was your town?" Lina experiences with so called heroes had been bad ones, but she was very understanding when it came to get revenge.

"It wasn't my town and I ain't a hero. But the people there where nice to me." It was a shame they had burned that town down. The people there where always fighting each other, it was really fun.

"That's it? You go to defeat a horde of bandits on your own just because they burned a town of people that were nice to you?" Just great, yet another of those people who believed in helping those who helped you. Well at least it wasn't a hero. Not that Lina was against helping others, she just greatly preferred getting paid to do so.

"Well, that, and it's always fun to take out bandits! I am kind of short in money, so lets split the treasure."

"Why should I share?"

"You may need a partner to watch your back. Besides, we both like to take on bandits." There was also the way that time of the month affected female magic users but Ranma was not stupid enough to mention stuff like that to a girl that supposedly could kill dragons. Not with how that dragon had completely defeated Ranma before.

"Uh... " Lina blushed, unsure what to say. To be honest being alone had been annoying and Ramma was not even half as annoying as Naga. Plus getting a new partner would make things easier. "Okay, eighty-twenty-"

"Thirty, seventy."

"Sixty-forty, you are just a beginner, and you probably don't even have a mage licence!"

"Fifty, fifty, equal partners means the chance of us betraying each other is lower. Plus I am a master of unarmed combat and pretty good with swords." Ranma was happy with his new sword, sure it could only do fire attacks when he was a girl, but carrying it around had reduced the times she was annoyed by perverted men.

"And I also am a lot stronger than I look." Ranma punched a big rock and shattered it to pieces just to make her point clear, that being that she could injure or kill Lina Inverse if she wanted. As long as she didn't hit him with a spell first, she had seen the crater leftover of one of her famous Dragon Slaves.

"Not bad, but I can do better with even a fireball..." Lina's look had a dangerous glint to it. "But, you are right, I could use the help. let's keep it to sixty-forty and I will teach you magic, okay?"

"Deal, partners then." Ranma offered her hand and Lina took it, both of them felt a electric tingle in their hands while doing the handshake.

"Magical contract? Damn, you may be a beginner, but I am impressed." Lina really was impressed, she had been so sure Ranma was a beginner that she had lowered her guard.

"Thanks?" Ranma had no idea just what had just happened was a magical contract but decided to play along. Unknown to Ranma and Lina, some hidden figure had been watching them from the shadows.

"HOHOHO! IT WAS ME NAGA WHO MADE THAT MAGICAL CONTRACT!"

Ranma looked behind her and noticed the most "developed" woman he had ever seen.

"Not that I am not thankful, but why?"

Naga then pointed to Lina's and Ranma's feet, under them there was a magical pentagram circle.

"BECAUSE ONLY ME, THE GREAT NAGA, COULD SNEAK A MAGICAL CONTRACT UNDER THE FEET OF THE INFAMOUS LINA INVERSE!"

"Mmm, this was not here before, so you did a magic circle with your Earth magic? So fast? But why did you do something that benefits Ranma, do you know her or something?" Lina tried to keep herself calm, but it was hard, Naga KNEW how much Lina hated that laugh and yet she keep doing it.

"Yeah, again, this helps me, but why did you do it?"

"Well I... I thought it would help my dear friend Lina-chan to not be betrayed, after all just because I the great Naga decided to gain fame on my own it does mean I am so cold hearted to not want my best friend to be happy, HOHOHO!" Naga was blushing and looking away when she said that.

"SMOKE BOMB!" Naga then threw a smoke bomb and ran away.

"Well... ex-girlfriend?" Ranma asked before he could stop himself.

"WHAT? NO, SHE IS JUST MY ANNOYING EX-PARTNER! I LIKE GUYS!"

"Good because... I got a curse, so I turn into a guy when hit with hot water."

"Oh please, that's not funny."

"Lets me heat some hot water and I will show you."

"Okay but if you are lying you are the one paying lunch."

"And if I am not lying?"

"Then we split the bill."

"Wow, you do really like money don't you?"

"Of course I do, I am saving for my retirement."

"Fine; let's get to the river to get some water to heat."

IIII

A quick demonstration later, Lina had ended blushing, Ranma was not sure why Lina ended pushing him into the river, but at least she acted less weird once he was back to being a girl.

Due to Lina being greedy and because neither partner really trusted the other since they had just meet, both redheads where sharing the same room in the Inn. Ranma decided to say something to Lina since she caught her eying her with a complicated look on her face.

"Are you okay sharing a room with me? What with my curse and all."

"Magical contract or not, I want to keep an eye on you." Lina said while licking her lips.

"That's fair... so... Should we get to exchange the loot now?"

"Yes that will be good, I am sure I can get a magic water heater for cheap!"

Ranma wisely decided to not point out Lina was drolling. Lina eventually noticed, cleaned herself and then stared at the fellow redhead with a serious face.

"Anyway let's make something clear before we leave to sell the loot. We may be partners, but in this relationship, I am your boss. I also promised to teach you magic, so that makes you my student. Don't disappoint me, or I will find a way to safety break the contract and get you really hurt!"

"Yes Lina-sensei-sama!"

"Uh, just call me Lina-san, we are about the same age."

IIII

"I... I can't believe it, you seduced that guy and made him drop the price even lower than I could! He even gave you free stuff! And you didn't even have to promise him a date!" Lina was honestly amazed, sure is not like Lina did never deal with girls had had a beautiful and sensual body before. But the two she mostly knew before Ranma weren't good at ripping off men like Ranma was. That was because one girl was too much of a nice girl to take advantage of the boys ogling at her ample breasts, and the other was a bit insane and acted too full of herself for the "Girly" act Ranma just did to work for her.

"I may not be good at haggling like you, but I do have my ways." Ranma said with a smirk.

"You... you make it look so easy..." Lina looked nervously at Ranma, before they arrived at the market she had been taking advantage at both being Ranma boss and teacher to order her around all day. So she didn't know how Ranma would react at her request. "Think... I could do it too? I mean..."

Ranma looked at Lina, a grin forming in her face "Yes, but in your case it would involve some dress up and acting younger than you really are. Do you think is worth to invest the time and money?"

Lina's face changed to her business-like expression, seeming to ponder about it for a moment. "If it allows me soo much in discounts... and if I get at least half that you do and we tag team the next shop owners... plus the fact the dress will get used more than once... yes, it would be a good investment."

"Are you really sure you want to do this? I won't go easy on you, ya know? Also if you suddenly blast anyone with magic people won't give you any discount."

"Oh come on, I am not so bad!"

"Lina I have know you for less that a day and you blew up three people with magic already, none of them were bandits, just rude."

"Mmm, I hate to admit it but yes I will lose money if I ruin things by dropping the act too soon. In fact it might be too late to try in this town."

That calculating look, it was a bit scary, it was like Lina Inverse was a mix of Nabiki's smarts and Akane's temper, plus the power to kill dragons, no wonder they called her the Dragon Spooker and the Bandit Slayer.

"Still if I master this... " Lina didn't say it, but she was tired of her fame as the Bandit Slayer and Dragon Spooker. Even when she had meet guys who found her attractive, just hearing her name had made them go up running at the hills. If... if she mastered this, then at least while pretending to be someone else, she could feel attractive "I will have an advantage, I won't give up, no matter how hard the training!"

IIII

"Okay Lina, the first lesson is, never lose sight of your objective. Try to think of it as acting, focusing on it like if you were casing a long and complicated spell, okay?" Ranma had not got any lessons on magic yet but knew enough about magic to at least say that.

Lina thought about it for a moment, Ranma's explanation actually made sense to her, if she focused on acting as much as she did on magic, she would get good at it. "I understand, what else?"

"The second lesson is... complicated. Try to treat it like game."

"As a game? But doesn't that contradict the first lesson?"

"Not at all, games have rules, don't they? If you try to have fun pretending to be someone else, even when you don't like the role you are playing, then it does get easier."

"So I see, if I take acting with dedication, but also try to enjoy it as a game, my acting will improve, anything else?"

"Uh... well, it also helps to remember that you are using people, not them using you. Focus on the reward, and even if you think it's not worth it, don't blow your cover. A girl beating up a rude person is not that weird but if you start to use magic that will give you away."

"But I am not as good fighting without any weapons!" Lina protested "Come on! How bad it could be if I just used a fireball to roast a rude pig of a man?"

"If you do that, you lose the game, blow your cover and we end up having to run away out of town. Besides, anything can be used as a weapon, if you really feel you must, furniture like a chair or a table works. That way they will think you are dangerous, but not think that you are THAT dangerous. And think how much money and time you will lose if we are in such a hurry that we may lose something of value because we had to run away."

"Are you saying that my bad temper makes me lose money?" Lina left eye twiched and she closed her fists. Ranma slowly backed away.

"I am sorry okay? I told you it was gonna be rough, and we haven't even started the real training yet!"

"You... You may be right. Is just... do I really have to keep the act all the time?"

"Before and during getting discounts. Afterwards? Well it doesn't matter that much if you don't plan to return to the same town."

"Okay... fine, what else?"

"Your looks are best to pull the cute look."

"WHAT?" Lina said in anger. " I don't want to be cute or be treated like a little girl, I want to be beautiful, have breasts as big as yours and maybe be taller!" Lina raised her hands about to cast a spell, then remembered that she had asked for this and lowered them. After all cute was... not an insult.

"Lina, cute is good. A sexy girl can get anything she wants from most men, but a cute girl can get what she wants from almost everyone. If you project the image of being cute, small and sad, you lower people defenses a lot. And unlike being sexy, you won't have half of the women in town angry with you." Ramma said while also being ready to try to evade any magical attack Lina might decide to throw at him.

"I... I never saw it that way." Lina then imagined herself dressed and acting like a little girl, and getting anything she wanted from everyone, she even imagined boy Ranma giving her a piggy back ride. Wait... where did that last thought come from?

"So, are you willing to do this then?"

"I never give up when it comes to money!"

AN2: Oh my, Lina will learn better ways to scam people, run!

AN3: This really needs a beta reader.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Stories and C&C