[R 1/2][SM] Strained Harmony ch6A

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

[R 1/2][SM] Strained Harmony ch6A

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:32 pm

Sorry for how long this took to get out but here's the first half of chapter 6 for Strained Harmony.

Read here.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Re: [R 1/2][SM] Strained Harmony ch6A

Postby ckosacranoid » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:10 pm

i think the song "i like big butts" comes to mind after seeing number 3 pic. talk about an ass that is really, really big.....that has to be a 4 foot to 5 foot across....i just get this mental image of one of those truck back up beeping sounds when she moves....sorry, just that it looks like she weights around 300+LBS. but i know what you have in mind and i am going to drop my thoughts into nothing after this. I know I have tossed them out before. Its cool that someone did some cool fan art for the story at least. good work at least for doing it. Off to the read chapter 6 later tonight.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:27 pm

ckosacranoid

i think the song "i like big butts" comes to mind after seeing number 3 pic. talk about an ass that is really, really big.....that has to be a 4 foot to 5 foot across....i just get this mental image of one of those truck back up beeping sounds when she moves....sorry, just that it looks like she weights around 300+LBS. but i know what you have in mind and i am going to drop my thoughts into nothing after this. I know I have tossed them out before. Its cool that someone did some cool fan art for the story at least. good work at least for doing it. Off to the read chapter 6 later tonight.

[Heh, it is quite a bit back there for Ranma
[Dunno if it's 4ft across. And my intent, is that she's certainly much less than 300lbs in that chapter.

[So call it artistic license in that case I'd guess ^^;;;

[Thanks for commenting, and enjoy reading!
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:16 pm

Rose_Quartz_-_With_Weapon.png
Rose_Quartz_-_With_Weapon.png (54.38 KiB) Viewed 13342 times
After 6a, I finally realized what's happening: you're turning Ranma into Rose Quartz. Spike heels to up her height, calories to up her circumference, hairdo and color fit right in. A Rose Quartz with good, but limited, social grace, hiding her limitations behind massive clothing and flirtation!
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:58 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld

After 6a, I finally realized what's happening: you're turning Ranma into Rose Quartz. Spike heels to up her height, calories to up her circumference, hairdo and color fit right in. A Rose Quartz with good, but limited, social grace, hiding her limitations behind massive clothing and flirtation!

[Haha, oh my.
[Would you believe that I haven't seen any Steven Universe, and only had the dimmest knowledge of the story?

[That said you do make a... spooky argument.
[Especially if this SU wiki is right and Rose Quartz has healing powers.
[So there's that added on too.

[Heck even the hair... color shifts (though some of my prereaders have shied me from having her go full pink)

[There's also, if I'm remembering correctly, Senshi are linked to their heart crystals...

[Very amusing!
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:45 pm

Sunshine wrote:[Would you believe that I haven't seen any Steven Universe, and only had the dimmest knowledge of the story?

Watch it. It's superb. I identify most strongly with Pearl, though I have a tinge of Garnet.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:06 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld

Watch it. It's superb. I identify most strongly with Pearl, though I have a tinge of Garnet.

[cool! I'll have to give it a go.
[Thanks again for commenting and reading!
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby ckosacranoid » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:55 pm

I did read chapter 6 the other day and wanted to leave feedback. The net locked and could not post. So here is the thoughts on chapter 6.

Ranma seems a bit out of character from other chapters it seems to me. She seems more flirting with everyone though out the chapter which seems odd. The other thing I noticed is she pretty much seems to almost be will to bed all the girls it seems even though she is engaged to pluto. Kinda seems weird that way to me, but the end of pluto willing to share seems out of no where though with the spanking comment to the other outers. Its nice to see akane a bit weirded out with how ranma is acting though...amusing at least. The wholecrabbit thing might have gotten outbof hand since that is the princess styck though. You did talk about ranma working out for hours and still having tons of muslce power....which kinda does not work with how you have her drawn out. She should be more toned and lean then the very over weight looj you gave her. As insaid, just acfew thingsvthat seems to just not work. But this just my ideas anyway. Still an ok chapter.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:09 pm

ckosacranoid

I did read chapter 6 the other day and wanted to leave feedback. The net locked and could not post. So here is the thoughts on chapter 6.

Ranma seems a bit out of character from other chapters it seems to me. She seems more flirting with everyone though out the chapter which seems odd. The other thing I noticed is she pretty much seems to almost be will to bed all the girls it seems even though she is engaged to pluto. Kinda seems weird that way to me, but the end of pluto willing to share seems out of no where though with the spanking comment to the other outers. Its nice to see akane a bit weirded out with how ranma is acting though...amusing at least. The wholecrabbit thing might have gotten outbof hand since that is the princess styck though. You did talk about ranma working out for hours and still having tons of muslce power....which kinda does not work with how you have her drawn out. She should be more toned and lean then the very over weight looj you gave her. As insaid, just acfew thingsvthat seems to just not work. But this just my ideas anyway. Still an ok chapter.

[For the Ranma stuff my attempt was to have so that now that Ranma's no longer feeling she needs to "hide" she can be less shy. and with her confidence growing she can be more playful.

[Heh, Akane is fun in this as she fulfills the role of "straight man" as being the more grounded one to the insanity around her.

[As for the weight, well one can still be large and work out, it just means that Ranma's diet is very.... rich and bountiful ^^;;;

[Thanks for commenting! Sorry it got a bit rough with some stuff I didn't setup well enough.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Dark King » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:01 am

I know it is a late comment, but regarding Ranma's weight versus her exercise regime...

This is a well known problem when it comes to controlling your weight. It doesn't matter how much you exercise, if you eat too much then you'll pack on the body fat. I have heard one doctor comment that to work off the energy of a single Big Mac would require you to run an entire marathon. And that's not including the soft drink or fries.

I had a fitness instructor at one point who had worked in LA at a gym that was popular with the body builders. There were always a few that would hit the gym and pump iron, work on the rowing machines and swim laps almost religiously every day. And then they'd go out and drink heavily while knocking off pizza and nachos. Those guys were really fit, and also overweight.

I have to say that I'm wondering just where Ranma is going to end up in terms of her overall dimensions, as too much body fat is unhealthy regardless of your physical fitness. Unless she's going to rely on her Senshi magic to keep herself healthy...which strikes me as an unwise approach.
Dark King
Senshi Candidate

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:19 pm

[Good point. I'm not sure on the exact stats for how much exercise is required to remove X, but yes there is a way to have extra fat and be fit.

[Though one can make the argument that Ranma has shot well past that.

[Your point about the senshi magic is more spot on than you may think.

[As there are hints that something is... up with Ranma's changes. (beyond gluttony)

[Thanks for commenting!

[On a related note...

http://sunny-temple.deviantart.com/art/ ... -630789495
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby ckosacranoid » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:25 am

I wS very tempted tp leave a joke about whale hunters mistaken that last pic for a whale, but I wont. That is just to painfull to watch and kinda feel sorry for people that let themselfves get that fargone.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:21 pm

ckosacranoid wrote:I wS very tempted tp leave a joke about whale hunters mistaken that last pic for a whale, but I wont. That is just to painfull to watch and kinda feel sorry for people that let themselfves get that fargone.

[Quite true.
[It isn't supposed to be a happy picture.
[To be more explicit something has gone wrong... quite wrong.

Edit: As even I'll admit that there's a point where things go too far.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Dark King » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:17 pm

It isn't my story, so this is just my opinion...

It might help if Setsuna's motivations were explained. She is the one who started Ranma down this path, and has been actively aiding and abetting Ranma in her weight gain. Clearly she has some reason for doing this. Particularly when you consider that the earlier chapters made it clear that she knew that Ranma was going to enter her life.

So unless Setsuna just has a thing for BBWs, there must be something important that she has in mind. I'm guessing that this revelation is part of the overall plot, but IMHO Sunshine Temple might be better off providing at least part of the underlying reason behind Ranma's condition earlier rather than later, if only to keep the audience engaged.

My guess is that it has to do with Ranma being Sailor Hestia, Hestia being the Greek Goddess of "hearth, architecture, and the right ordering of domesticity, the family, the home, and the state." This fits "nanny Ranma" perfectly, but I'm a little unsure about how the weight plays into it.
Dark King
Senshi Candidate

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:49 am

Dark King wrote:It isn't my story, so this is just my opinion...

It might help if Setsuna's motivations were explained. She is the one who started Ranma down this path, and has been actively aiding and abetting Ranma in her weight gain. Clearly she has some reason for doing this. Particularly when you consider that the earlier chapters made it clear that she knew that Ranma was going to enter her life.

So unless Setsuna just has a thing for BBWs, there must be something important that she has in mind. I'm guessing that this revelation is part of the overall plot, but IMHO Sunshine Temple might be better off providing at least part of the underlying reason behind Ranma's condition earlier rather than later, if only to keep the audience engaged.

My guess is that it has to do with Ranma being Sailor Hestia, Hestia being the Greek Goddess of "hearth, architecture, and the right ordering of domesticity, the family, the home, and the state." This fits "nanny Ranma" perfectly, but I'm a little unsure about how the weight plays into it.

You're overthinking this. The reason for Ranma's weight gain is clear. It's just one of Sunshine's kinks. It's as easy as that ^_^. Just look at Ranma in his other fics.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Stories and C&C