Jadeite Flash of virtue question?

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Jadeite Flash of virtue question?

Postby Knight of Ranko » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:05 pm

in a fic of mine , Jadeites redemption appears as a larger part of Things

(Please insert your "this is overdone" Line here)

Im wanting to take it slow, with the spell slowly falling apart.

Im finding one of the first moments of truth as his old personality reawakens, is him Saving or Sparing one of the two following charachters.

Mamoru/Endymion or Rei/Sailor Mars.

Mamoru was what I originaly thought of, but Rei allows more romantic subplot latter on.

At this point in the fic the spells still intact enough hes not going to understand why he did such a thing himself.
Knight of Ranko
Senshi Candidate

Re: Jadeite Flash of virtue question?

Postby Spica75 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Sounds just fine. And actually, it hasn´t really been overdone. If you compare fics that has one or several of the 4 redeem themselves one way or another, to the fics where that isn´t part of the story, the latter outnumber the former by a huge amount AFAIK.

And if you can do it well, that´s potentially a big plus for the story. Don´t think i´ve seen Jadeite+Rei before so why not... (have seen him as the ex of Minako and Makoto more than once for both, but no redemption involved in those stories)

IIRC, Zoicite was the one where the mind control started slipping first, causing s/he(it? :mrgreen: ) to start doing things that might stir up memories, you could use that as something that helps it along.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:37 pm

Spica75 wrote:IIRC, Zoicite was the one where the mind control started slipping first, causing s/he(it? :mrgreen: ) to start doing things that might stir up memories, you could use that as something that helps it along.

It was Nephrite that started overcoming the mind control. Zoicite killed him for it.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spica75 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:30 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:It was Nephrite that started overcoming the mind control. Zoicite killed him for it.

Doh! My mistake. :oops:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes