NotYourTypicalMagicalGirl Ranma 1/2 & Multiple Crossovers

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

NotYourTypicalMagicalGirl Ranma 1/2 & Multiple Crossovers

Postby Blackcat101 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:19 pm

Not Your Typical Magical Girl Ranma 1/2 & Multiple crossovers

Idea: During his training journey, Ranma became a kid that can turn into magical girl since he was eight years old, and Genma didn't found out for years. All that Jusenkyo did was give him a girl form that isn't a magical girl. And the monsters just seem to chase Ranma since then. Genma just ran away of the monsters, so he never saw Ranma transform until Jusenko, were Ranma was so used to be a magical girl when female that he messed up.

The basic idea, besides Ranma being a hero that wanders the Earth for almost as much time as he has been a martial artist, is to have tons of crossovers. A lot of them will be flashbacks to before Ranma got cursed, others will be Ranma dealing with doing girl things that don't include fighting monsters. Also, the only reason Ranma has accepted turning into a magical girl is because it lets him defeat monsters, and save people. He is not happy about it, and in fact it made him more accepting of his father insane training because he wants to be able to defeat monsters without becoming a magical girl.

600 something words drabble:

Jusenko, the place where my life changed... for a second time. Was it bad luck, was it fate, or it was, as usual, my father being an idiot?

Maybe my mistake happened because being a "normal" girl was confusing. Every time I had been a girl before, I had been more powerful than as a boy. That was the main reason I had kept with the stupid training, I wanted to be as strong as a guy, without magic, without being... her. Heck, I had even managed to have a few small victories without transforming before China, but it had been against weak monsters.

Would things be different, if I didn't hate weakness so much? Probably, just like things would be different without the Neko-ken training making me terrified of those damn furry devils.

Maybe it was because I was too used that the discomfort of being a girl, had always been compensated with the power. A power that granted, I could only use to kill monsters since it was too much for "mere" humans, even trained martial artists like my pops and me. But it still feels great.

My mind was too used to think that being a girl equaled to fight monsters, to save someone's life or do it to protect myself from being killed. So the first thing I did on finding I had become a "powerless" girl, was to reach inside me, for the power the mystical gem that had fused with my soul when I was eight years old and utter a single word.

"Henshin!"

Yes, I know it doesn't sound like the typical magical girl phrase. But when I started, I had to say a long speech and do a little dance before transforming. Thankfully, after years of doing this, I had managed to reduce the whole thing to a single word. But that was only the trigger for the change, the whole transformation still took at least 20 seconds. Who knew speed training could help with magical girl transformations? At first, it was a whole damn minute!

Anyway, reacting that way had, it was stupid, I should have known, that mixing different types of magic is never a good idea. But I am used to reacting to things, I don't think much save for combat situations or when it comes to martial arts. But I had been ten years on the road practicing the art, and been slaying monsters as a magical girl since I was eight.

The problem was that there was something wrong with the change, it hurt, as if the new female body was fighting it, but instead of stopping, I just pushed more power to it. Had this happened when I started, nothing would have gone wrong simply because I was not skilled or powerful enough to force the change. I had been transforming into a magical girl for a long time, it was almost a second nature by then, so I stubbornly continued.

Both the panda that attacked me (And that I later found was my dad) and the guide stared in fascination and horror at how I changed. I could feel bones breaking, muscles tearing, I feel the blood falling in my face and the rest of my body. By then things had gone from "Bad idea" to "I have to continue or I will die." So I screamed so much I probably damaged my vocal cords, only to have them forcefully fixed by the change.

For everyone else it must not have been more than a few minutes, but for me it seemed like hours, Then the pain finally stopped and I fell down, but someone caught me. I saw the face of a familiar teenager.

"Ry... Ryoga?"

And after that I fainted.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Re: NotYourTypicalMagicalGirl Ranma 1/2 & Multiple Crossover

Postby ckosacranoid » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:17 pm

This could be very funny to say the least. Being 8 years old and becoming a magical girl from a boys point of veiw......cootys.....sorry, had to say it. This does sound like it could be very fun but the power should work even as a girl meybe unless thevmagic has gotten use to it being him and the girl part is going to suck. The weird part I can see after a little while hegets the magic to work at transforming. If he Iis in female form, it makes him make for a few secs, then turns into his magical girl form.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:34 pm

ckosacranoid wrote:This could be very funny to say the least. Being 8 years old and becoming a magical girl from a boys point of view......cootys.....sorry, had to say it. This does sound like it could be very fun but the power should work even as a girl maybe unless the magic has gotten use to it being him and the girl part is going to suck. The weird part I can see after a little while he gets the magic to work at transforming. If he is in female form, it makes him make for a few secs, then turns into his magical girl form.

Well, we dom't really know what the mixing of the magic of the gem and the curse did. It could force him to be stuck as female for a while, it could reset his magical girl powers to the level he had when he started, it could just change his magical girl outfit to something Ranma really hates. What we know is that it was an event had changed Ranma's life. I am still tryng to decide what the change was.

If anyone has ideas I am willing to listen. And yes we will see things from when Ranma started as a magical girl, but mostly as flashbacks.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby kazenoryu » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Hmm...how about the gem and the curse mess each other up?
You could have Ranma transforming every time he is splashed with water,
or perhaps he changes into a girl at random times.

If you go for the traditional magical girl theme, I thinks he would have disliked any outfit he wore.
Then again he would be going from something he was used to, to something completely new in that case (imagine if he ended up a catgirl).
kazenoryu
Senshi Candidate

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes