Wild Charon C4

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Wild Charon C4

Postby WG_Writer » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:34 pm

Despite the length this is only half done and is very open to massive scene by scene removal, and addition. Some of it I am happy with and some not. Please check the Nanoha notes as well since it could be usable. Just looking for over all opinions on the idea of the scenes here not Spelling and Grammar yet. The second and third scene's are on the list of possible axe.

---

Chapter 4 – Ghosts of the past? Or the future?

---

“Prepare to Die!” Was heard loud and clear as people stared at the scene.

Ranma watched with wide eyes as a wall across from the Ice Cream shop exploded and the familiar war cry from her rival descended upon her newly young ears. She watched and waited for Ryoga to charge out of the dust cloud but something seemed odd. Ryoga didn’t charge out as fast as he should have, and his voice sounded rougher than it did before, almost as if it were coming from someone else, like his father. Then when Ryoga did clear out of the dust field, or rather the dust settled Ranma’s eyes nearly popped out of her head and her mouth hung open, then before she could say anything Ryoga, an 80 year old Ryoga bolted down the street getting odd looks by everyone in his way before turning a corner, and disappearing out of sight.

Makoto had an odd look on her face as she tried to figure out what she just saw, “That was…”

Sighing Ranma cut her off, “That was Ryoga.”

“The same Ryoga who?”

Ranma nodded

Minako sank in her seat, “Your mothers are going to love this.”

Looking at the shopping bags Ranma added, “Good thing we got all this crap, because if pork butt got that problem then I doubt he will have any mushrooms himself right now.”

Chibi-usa sighed, “Which means we also have to wait until he cures himself.”

Hotaru shrugged, “Or we could just grow up again normally, it’s not the first time my age has been messed with.”

“I am so not saying that to your mothers,” stated Minako flatly before pausing. She sighed briefly before she continued, “Unfortunately you might have to do just that, grow up the normal way I mean.”

Snorting the redhead asked, “Normal? Us?”

Makoto hid her grin behind her Ice cream, Ranma got Minako good with that one.

---

Setsuna sat in her home office writing up a draft of her requirements for the needed power-ups for the three neo-seven year olds. She had checked Ranma’s mana levels and had confirmed that he did have a level as would be expected of a Sailor Senshi. The only problem was, as expected, it was unfocused. Had he been born a she, Ranma would have been Sailor Charon. But as it was it was not probable.

Though there was also the fact that since there was at one time a male Sailor Charon, who had only one heir with the Pluto before he died, her line technically carried both Sailor Crystals, or rather it mutated so that each generation would give the opposite of the last. Internally she smirked. She remembered that she implied to Ami that she was her own reincarnation out of Ranma’s line but that was a lie.

In truth Neo Queen Serenity had resurrected her at the moment of death. It was a necessary lie or Usagi might do something rash. Given the coming doom for the world it was important that she not think she can do that just yet. Granted she had brought people back in the past but their death was hours old at most, not from this time to Crystal Tokyo. She could very well kill herself if she was not mature enough to know her limits. Crystal Tokyo will need her more than anything else; and while it may be possible for Hotaru or Mamoru to bring her back it left the problem that all the evolution in her powers could be undone, and that was not acceptable.

She looked at her tea with a neutral look, to the others she was the Senshi of secrets since she always seemed to know what they needed to know. But if they ever looked closely enough, she was usually only a little more informed then they were.

Still, she smiled, it was nice to feel needed, especially if it frustrates the others trying to figure out what everything means.

Looking over the documents in front of her she nodded once more. It was always easier to put thoughts into form when they were written down. She gathered up her papers and left the room, she just hoped that this would work. Ranma would not be happy with a henshin wand but if her plan worked he would not need it for some time.

---

It was now hours later and Setsuna sighed and looked before her. She had a small table , upon it were three pendents, for all intended purposes these were the 'training wheels' that Senshi used. Ironically the others had not let go of their own 'Rod and Phrase' method. Even if they knew or should know that they do not need them.

Holding up the pendant that held a blue gem in it she studied its appearance. It held a tear drop shape with a ring of gold around it holding it in place with the top gold twisting until it formed a small loop. From there a thin but very strong string came up from it, one that could be worn around the neck.

She returned it to the table next to the others and furrowed her eyebrows they were not actually keyed to anything. Unlike the henshin wands, or in Usagi's example broach, they were more reactive and restrictive. They would allow some of the power that was their birthright but not all of it, nor most of it.

Shaking her head she whispered to herself, “No helping this, they would just fight anyway.”

It was a truth she full well knew. She could make adjustments to them, they were made as training tools and were intended for such use. She pulled out an old device not unlike Mercury's own computer, only far, far less useful, and started modifying the devices. As training tools all they really did was allow raw potential to be used, even a non-Sailor Senshi could technically use one, provided they had the magical potential of course.

The first change she made was, there was a feature added to affect the air around them to slightly distort their appearance and voices. It was cosmetic at best, but given the fact that as it was people were doing things like 'No way could Usagi be Sailor Moon.' rather then having an actual defence against it.... ironically.

Well she felt a tad over protective right now.

Next was focuses, or rather weapons. Even Ranma with his training would lack strength enough to fight even the, 'canon fodder' monsters they usually face. It amused her in a way that all villains in history always were the same. They would have a large group of low strength warriors and a small select group of elites. Then send all of it few at a time. Certainly if Berryl had done an all out offensive when Sailor V showed up initially and again with Sailor Moon she could have just won right then and there. Not that she preferred that but Jadeite did come dangerously close to killing the princess with that plane. Now that she thought of it she was certain she felt him teleport out. But he never was seen after that.

She debated first about Saturn's weapon, then modified the transformation on the pendant to alter the size of it. It would work, barely. Senshi weapons were hard to predict at times in terms of how some powers interacted. Usually it was for the better, but how Ranma's Transformation would affect things... well even she was at a loss about that.

She moved on to Chibi-Moon's. At least now the girl wouldn't need her future mother to transform with her/first most of the time anymore. Since she came back with no wands she just had Luna cough up one of Usagi's old ones, The crescent wand.

Setsuna sighed and made Ranma's weapon gauntlets, he probably could use anything, but given Chibi was range, Saturn was mid, Ranma probably should go short range. Just to have a trinity if nothing else.

Stretching her back she went to deliver them.

---

“I see you finished shopping.” came from Setsuna

Artemis glared baefully at the two teenage girls who nodded and quickly went to help the three age reduced 'Children' put their clothes away.

“So just why are you upset with them?” she asked knowing the answer was not going to be good.

The white cat sighed, “We found Ryoga, or rather he ran through a wall, sounding like someone angered him.”

The woman sipping tea raised her eyebrow, realizing that he was 'elected' to be the sacrificial messenger.

“He appeared older and seemed to not have the mushrooms.” he explained tiredly.

Furrowing her eyebrows she enquired, “Did he attack?”

Shaking his head Artemis answered plainly, “I doubt he even noticed anyone.”

Leaning back some and sighing, Setsuna shook her head. “Wonderful.” After a moment she added, “At least I managed to complete the temporary transformation replacements. They are not perfect, but will cover the worst of it.”

“So where are they?” He asked curiously.

“In their room,” came after a pause.

Artemis was about to ask further when a yelp carried through the house followed by laughter.

Both ran to the room and saw a male Ranma in a seifuku. It only lasted a moment before he managed to drop the transformation and give the pendant back to her.

Glancing it with an enquiring eye, I guess its not finished yet.

The other females all laughed at that. Ranma wanted to be mad, but he was the idiot that used it before asking about it. Magic always found a way to make things worse for him.

--

Later that day she gave the pendant back to him, this time it had two crystals. She shook her head. Ami, Usa (They decided to just go with this since she was getting irritated with being called Chibi all the time) and Hotaru were in the room.

“The male activation phrase is Charon Star Power Henshin, and the female transformation phrase is Charon Crystal Power Henshin.” An obviously tired Sailor Pluto stated. For some reason they could not explain she was transformed, and Ami never saw Sailor Pluto as Pluto and tired.

Ranma was female at the time and tried it, nodding at the results she was about to drop the transformation when Usagi senior walked in, tripped and fell. The tray of tea and cookies she was carrying flew out of her hands and hot tea landed on Ranma. Once again a male Ranma in a seifuku was before them.

Ranma dropped the transformation and handed the pendant to her mother. At this point a sound that none could identify was coming out of her throat. With the disaster in her hand she stormed off muttering about water precautions.

Everyone looked at Ami. She sighed and answered the unasked question, “Its not that we cannot get wet we just can not drown. With our powers we initially thought we could thus it affected us that way. But....”

Ranma looked down, "Magic hates me and is out to get me."

After a moment Setsuna walked back in and tossed the questionable device back at her daughter. “Let see if fail this time. I have removed the female part of it entirely.”

Ranma nodded and tried again, neither transformation worked.

Ami sighed this time and took it following a fuming Sailor Pluto out of the room again. To be fair Jusenkyo was not in consideration when the device was made.

Finally after an hour, just when everyone was thinking bed was a good idea, the two reentered. This time it worked, sort of. In both forms Ranma had a set of armor that made him look like Chibi-Endymon. Dropping her transformation Setsuna said “Good enough for now.”

--

Author's Note:

The best way to describe Setsuna's plans with the pendents is if you think devices from the Nanoha universe. Not intelligent ones but devices still. They are focuses and act the same way but are otherwise not really different then Senshi pens. That said this is not a Nanoha cross. I was sorely tempted to use it but after painful thought I opted against. That is why the big scene about Setsuna going over the pendants. It replaces a scene with Fate giving them to her and the weapons being different, yes even the silence glaive.

--

This note is not being appended to the in chapter post on ff.net but I am including it here for feedback in case any of it might be usable. (This is about the cut out Nanoha tie in, this is poorly thought out just fyi)

Usa gets twin guns one black and one white, in "Overdrive mode" the two guns merge one in front of the other. White in front to cast a high power heal, Black yields something closer to a low powered glaive surprise;

Ranma gets a Revolver Knuckle, while active it has a passive speed and strength boost, and its overdrive causes twin blades to arc out of the top of the wrists (they are suppose to look like mini silence glaive blades), which unlock his 'normal senshi attacks,' meaning the a

Hotaru has a Bardiche with a Cross Mirage invisibility cloak, movable with it when he is moving alone, but not with others. She has the Sword Mode as well normally, Her Overdrive is Sonic Move, loses all stealth and blade is stuck in scythe mode, also her sonic move is faster than Fate's was at that age, but more exhausting as she cannot keep it up and needs to drop out of Overdrive sooner than the others who have more passive Overdrive. At top speed she leaves after images but this burns her out quicker.

Usa and Hotaru get to keep their old uniforms but get the added measure of a white vest and the extra leg armour that shows up in StrikerS

Ranma gets the same uniform but with baggy shorts (and no bow in the small of his back) when male and his color is a Dark Grey (Yes he is fukued as a girl and that bow comes back) the one on the chest shrinks and becomes less pronounced in male form as well, the same size relative to tuxedo kamen’s one.

Fate was the primary designer of the devices and since she had to clone her Intelligent Device she placed a hidden command to have the device refer to Ranma as Master when male and Mistress when he is a girl. Also the Voice is gender neutral enough that nobody can tell which it is suppose to be.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Re: Wild Charon C4

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:19 pm

Good start, interested to see the rest of the chapter.

Also neat touch by having Setsuna use "devices"
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby WG_Writer » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:52 pm

Thanks.

With Ranma I did not want it to be a "toss this pen and it works" I have read way too much of it being that simple. I can only giggle at the thought of Setsuna trying so hard to get a 'proper' transformation for him only to give up.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:29 am

Had to reread the whole thing as it's been a while, but I'm glad you're working again on this. It's really entertaining.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:31 pm

I have made some corrections and have opted to follow Lawohki's idea of using google docs
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W8t0tsW9Yoo7husuQsDJzyUo6_z68x-m1CZnolRozfc/edit
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:59 pm

Left a few notes.

One thing I think is a big issue is that you seem to want to summarize things in order to quickly move through scenes rather than have the narrative actually happen.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:01 pm

Ugg I know. The problem I found was this had so much being done on Setsuna's side this chapter I couldn't help it. I am looking to fix it but... This is just the worst chapter for this.
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:36 am

WG_Writer wrote:Ugg I know. The problem I found was this had so much being done on Setsuna's side this chapter I couldn't help it. I am looking to fix it but... This is just the worst chapter for this.

Well you could focus more on what the trio of kids are doing with Setsuna only showing up to give things individually vs all at once.

I'm also not so sure on them NEEDING all these weapons and powers at the moment. You could put emphasis on just Setsuna coming up with a kid friendly way to transform so they don't feel left out if they can't otherwise. But with them creating any weapons coming from situations where they are forced to fight and them coming about from their own powers.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:12 am

Alright I went back and took a sledge hammer to two of the three main scenes in the chapter. I plan to add in two more scenes one that is mentioned in the doc, and one that isn't. Once I get the transformation started the "Adults" will fall by the wayside. The scene where Ranma gets the pendant will need to be overhauled as I think its a mess as is. I did want to confuse the heck out of Ami trying to figure out just where Ranma actually came from. I think I got her good there.

---

“Prepare to Die!” Was heard loud and clear as people stared at the scene.

Ranma watched with wide eyes as a wall across from the Ice Cream shop exploded and the familiar war cry from her rival descended upon her newly young ears. She watched and waited for Ryoga to charge out of the dust cloud but something seemed odd. Ryoga didn’t charge out as fast as he should have, and his voice sounded rougher than it did before, almost as if it were coming from someone else, like his father. Then when Ryoga did clear out of the dust field, or rather the dust settled Ranma’s eyes nearly popped out of her head and her mouth hung open, then before she could say anything Ryoga, an 80 year old Ryoga bolted down the street getting odd looks by everyone in his way before turning a corner, and disappearing out of sight.

Makoto had an odd look on her face as she tried to figure out what she just saw, “That was…”

Sighing Ranma cut her off, “That was Ryoga.”

The tall girl looked skeptically at him, “The same Ryoga who?”

Ranma nodded

Minako sank in her seat, “Your mothers are going to love this.”

Looking at the shopping bags Ranma added, “Good thing we got all this crap, because if pork butt got that problem then I doubt he will have any mushrooms himself right now.”

Chibi-usa sighed, “Which means we also have to wait until he cures himself.”

Hotaru shrugged, “Or we could just grow up normally, it’s not the first time my age has been messed with.”

“I am so not saying that to your mothers,” stated Minako flatly before pausing. She sighed briefly before she continued, “Unfortunately you might have to do just that, grow up the normal way I mean.”

Snorting the redhead asked, “Normal? Us?”

Makoto hid her grin behind her Ice cream, Ranma got Minako good with that one.

---

Setsuna sat in her home office writing up a draft of, what she felt, were her requirements for the needed power-ups for the three neo-seven year olds. She had checked and Ranma did have a Sailor Crystal, oddly even as a guy. Though the fact might have had some quirk related to him having the curse making his Star Seed evolve. The only problem was, as expected, it was unfocused. Had he been born a she, Ranma would have been Sailor Charon. But as it was it was not probable. Then again maybe it was.

Ami knocked on the door and Setsuna let her in her in.

“I heard you were trying to fix Ranma’s transformation?”

She nodded, glancing at three pendants on her table, “All three actually.”

Ami frowned slightly, she was not aware of a problem with the others.

To answer her unasked question Setsuna supplied, “I worry that they do not have enough protection.”

Shaking her head the young girl decided to ask something else, more along the lines of the topic of Ranma. “You aren’t much older then we are, are you? So how can you be Ranma’s mother?”

Setsuna barked a laugh. “There is a very logical answer to that question, well a three part answer.”

Ami blinked two or three times in confusion before Setsuna continued. “I did die when you remember it, however, that was my past life. In this life I was born some time ago, longer than you think. The reason I do not look old enough is because Sailor Senshi do not appear older than on their twenties.”

This caused the young girl to frown. “So you are saying…”

The Senshi of time gave a lopsided grin, “I suppose in a way he had two mothers.” She then frowned, “Although my past self was not able to interfere, and my current self is still new to her powers in a way so that trying figure out his past was not possible. Added to the fact that I, before I was Sailor Pluto could not track them via normal means, my other self could but didn’t know that he existed nor that she should. To further complicate the matters someone tried to time travel, which caused a complete mess that prevented me from simply trailing them from past to present.”

Ami stared blankly at her, “That… that…” She grunted out in frustration, “So simply put, you as Pluto two could not use the time gates to track your son because someone else messed up, and Pluto one didn’t know to look for him to start with?”

Smirking she nodded, “Over simplified, but essentially the correct.”

Now frustrated worse the girl followed up, “Then why not go and ask her to look now?”

Grinning worse now Setsuna replied, “If she found him and got him to me directly she would have violated her orders to not let anyone near the gates, which she would not do. I have less restriction, but still follow that order, thus I cannot tell her, especially since if I did tell her now then she would know about her coming death, probably try and prevent it, possibly succeed, and further prevent my birth. Resulting in her not learning about her death, which would lend itself to my birth anyway.

Ami’s face was now in her hands, “I now hate temporal mechanics, thanks for that.”

As the girl left with an obvious headache the older warrior called after her, “Aspirin is in the cupboard.

---

Before they had left Setsuna sat in her home office looking at the pendants. She just needed to start work on them.

“I think you are overthinking this.” The voice was certain and coming from behind her.

Without turning around to look she replied flatly, “They need some measure of protection.”

The white cat jumped in front of her, “And they have protection.”

Setsuna frowned. Shaking her head she countered “It isn’t enough.”

Artemis knew this was an uphill battle but the others even Luna had dumped this task on him. “Both Usa and Hotaru still have their transformations.”

“But neither of them have their weapons, and Ranma doesn’t have armour, or a weapon for that matter.”

Looking intently at the three pendants in front of him he retorted, “Saturn’s Glaive still is there and she will just need to remember to size it down. Chibi-Moon simply lacks a weapon if you want to call it that. Either get her mother to teach her, or teach her yourself to do the tiara boomerang attack. Failing that just toss one of Moon’s old wands at her.”

She took the two pendants for the girls and sighed as she put them away wishing she talked to the cat sooner. Looking at the ones in the drawer she thought about the third, “And Ranma?”

Looking at the third pendant, the blue one, Artemis replied, “You have a point for him. He doesn’t need a weapon though. Much as you hate the fact he was raised by Genma and has ten years of hand to hand combat training. Giving him something that takes that tool from him to fight is like taking your own staff.”

Summoning it she looked at it and replied, “Its called the Garnet Rod.” She pondered it, wondering if she should tell the other senshi how to summon their weapons in civilian form, before realizing how bad of an idea that would be right now.

Artemis rolled his eyes.

Setsuna looked at the pendent now held between them. “He needs armour.”

The cat noded, it went without saying after all. “Not a Sailor Fuku though”

Now she lowered the pendant and glared at him, “Tradition is tradition.”

Internally sighing he knew that she would be stubborn about this. “That is all well and good but how do you think he will feel about it?”

“He will understand.” Came her flat reply.

Now he externally sighted, “Mixing magic and magic is a bad idea. You know this.”

They sat quietly as the questions came to mind as how to do it. Eventually she said with finality while looking at Artemis, “All I need to add is a trigger to trigger the girl transformation first.”

The cat just shook his head in resignation. This would all end in tears or hilarity, both probably.

---

An hour “I see you finished shopping.” came from Setsuna

Artemis glared balefully at the two teenage girls who nodded and quickly went to help the three age reduced 'children' put their clothes away.

“So just why are you upset with them?” she asked knowing the answer was not going to be good.

The white cat sighed, feeling abandoned, “We found Ryoga, or rather he ran through a wall, sounding like someone angered him.”

The woman sipping tea raised her eyebrow, realizing that he was 'elected' to be the sacrificial messenger.

“He appeared much older and…” Artemis seemed to look for the right words, “I doubt he has the mushrooms.” he explained tiredly.

Furrowing her eyebrows she enquired, “Did he attack?”

Shaking his head Artemis answered plainly, “I doubt he even noticed anyone.”

Leaning back some and sighing, Setsuna shook her head. “Wonderful.” After a moment she added, “At least I managed to complete the temporary transformation.”

“So where is it?” He asked curiously.

“In their room,” came after a pause.

Artemis was about to ask further when a yelp carried through the house followed by laughter.

Both ran to the room and saw a male Ranma in a seifuku. It only lasted a moment before he managed to drop the transformation and give the pendant back to her.

Glancing it with an enquiring eye, I guess it is not finished yet.

The other females all laughed at that. Ranma wanted to be mad, but he was the idiot that used it before asking about it. Magic always found a way to make things worse for him. As they left the room, with Ranma pouting in tow, given the humor at his expense he gave the room one last look.

--

Later that day she gave the pendant back to him, this time it had two crystals. She shook her head. Ami, Usa and Hotaru were with them in the living room for this test.

“The male activation phrase is Charon Star Power Henshin, and the female transformation phrase is Charon Crystal Power Henshin.” An obviously tired Sailor Pluto stated. For some reason they could not explain she was transformed, and Ami never saw Sailor Pluto as Sailor Pluto ‘and’ tired. Setsuna, yes she was tired at times, but Sailor Pluto? That was new.

Ranma was female at the time and tried it, nodding at the results she was about to drop the transformation when Usagi senior walked in, tripped and fell. The tray of tea and cookies she was carrying flew out of her hands and hot tea landed on Ranma. Once again a male Ranma in a seifuku was before them.

Everyone looked at Ami. She sighed and answered the unasked question, “It's not that we cannot get wet we just can not drown. With our powers we initially thought we could thus it affected us that way. But....”

Ranma looked down, “Magic hates me and is out to get me.”

The magically cursed boy was pouting again as he handed the cursed item to his mother again.

After a moment Setsuna walked back in and tossed the questionable device back at her son. “Let see if fail this time. I have removed the female seifuku part of it entirely.”

Ranma nodded and tried again, neither transformation worked.

Ami sighed this time and took it following a fuming Sailor Pluto out of the room again. To be fair Jusenkyo was not in consideration when the device was made. And let it be known, Sailor Pluto was the Mistress of Time, not Master of Magical Mechanics.

Finally after an hour, just when everyone was thinking bed was a good idea, the two reentered. This time it worked, sort of. In both forms Ranma had a set of armor that made him look like Chibi-Endymion. The armor was like the prince form, full eastern chest plate and shoulder armour pads, and boots with shin guards. In truth the only real difference was the base color was virtually inverted, it was white with green trim. Dropping her transformation Setsuna said plainly “Good enough for now.”
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:59 pm

male ranma in a fuku...that is funny. nice update and seeing pluto getitng annoyed is funny. getting ami confused with time travel is even better,
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes