Mondu's random fanart v 2013

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Re: Mondu's random fanart v 2013

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:15 pm

Posing. The head might be too large.

Honestly, her swords are way too goddamn big and get in the way of everything. The longsword is as tall as she is, and there's the scabbard.

I'm thinking of adding Myon.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:02 pm

Yep, the head is almost in super-deform proportions. Is she holding two swords? The one in her left hand is much thicker than the other, and I thought it was a sheath at first. I take it the objects on her left waist are two crossed sheaths? I'm unfamiliar with the character, so I'm guessing that the two swords have different widths and thicknesses? The sheath that is more or less vertical doesn't look big enough to hold the sword in her right hand. Unless it's supposed to be a bokken?

The objects at her waist are just hanging in midair. No sign of how she would have them suspended or attached.

All in all, its beginning to come together. Now we have a good idea of what you're shooting for.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:56 pm

Very nice. I'll second Larry's comments.

It's really nice to see her coming together.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:37 am

sword. scabbard, head sizes adjusted
myon added
pretty much done
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Cheb » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:15 am

I looked at this and a sudden realization hit me:
This is what the 3d printers were invented for!
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:58 am

Oooh very sharp.

Proportions look much better.

Did you want her frown to be so severe?

Coloring really helps tie it together.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby lwf58 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:11 am

mondu_the_fat wrote:sword. scabbard, head sizes adjusted
myon added
pretty much done

Yep. The only problem this would have if made into a real figure would be that Myon doesn't seem to have any contact points with the rest of the figure for support. It's hard to tell from the pictures if there's contact with the back of the skirt or the shoe. Myon being semitransparent means it would have to be made out of a clear plastic, too.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Spica75 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:34 am

Cheb wrote:I looked at this and a sudden realization hit me:
This is what the 3d printers were invented for!

:D

Yep. The only problem this would have if made into a real figure would be that Myon doesn't seem to have any contact points with the rest of the figure for support. It's hard to tell from the pictures if there's contact with the back of the skirt or the shoe.

Lower left picture, definitely looks to connect to the shoe at least.

Not that i have the faintest clue who/what this is... :mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby iiradned » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:32 pm

Very nice work! Wish I had your talent.
iiradned
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:42 am

Stupid internet connection is stupid. Also, typing my password on a tablet is like pulling teeth.

On the upside, no internet means I'm making laege headway on my new project.

Image\

ref
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:14 am

Found a page of pictures of the character.
http://www.zerochan.net/Kagiyama+Hina

While her outfit varies a lot from picture to picture, there are some frequent elements. First, the skirt and top are separate pieces. Second, the skirt has petticoats and flares out from the waist, so it does not follow her body line over the hips, hind end, or legs at all.

In most of the pictures the top ends at the waist in a 6-pointed star pattern. It's hard to tell in most of them, but in at least one of the pictures, the collar has the divide into two points on the back as well as the front. In all of them, it hangs directly over her bust, instead of to the sides as you have it now. There is one picture which shows the sailor back on the collar, but the two points on the front are much longer, down to the bottom of the rib cage. In that picture, the waist of the top ends in a ruffle, with the six pointed star below it looking more like flower petals.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:57 am

Yesssssss, my internet connection at home is back up.

Anyway, the figurine ref in my previous post is truer to the official artwork than most of the fanart in that link,.

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Hina_Kagiyama

Her dress doesn't have a six-pointed dress -- it's a two tone dress. And the points of the kerchief are away from the line of her body, closer to her elbows.

The skirt does flow out of the waist, though. I wanted to make it sheer and flowing, but apparently I can't run a decent cloth simulation with that costume quite yet.

This was made a couple of days ago, before lwf58's comment. I'll be changing the skirt.

There's _something_ written on her ribbons, but neither fanart nor official are has provided information on what it is.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:36 am

I wanted a more dnamic pose. Unfortunately, the cloth simulator doesn't play well with the ruffles. I'll have to redo the ruffles after the pose has been finalized.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:38 pm

stupid internet connection is stupid. rarrrrrr,,,,

There's a bit of warping in the head ribbons. Is it too noticable?
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art