Hino Rei versus Hino Rei!?

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Which Rei do you like best?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:15 pm

The one from the anime.
33%
The one from the manga.
33%
I just can't decide. No, it's not a cop out! Honest!
22%
I don't care. Ha!
11%

Total votes : 9

Hino Rei versus Hino Rei!?

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:15 pm

It's been a while since I did anything here, so... That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it! >:O

Anyway, yeah. I chose Rei since she's the character that differs the most between the two (main) mediums, as far as I can tell. If I'm wrong, who cares? What matters is that they're significantly different from each other and you must choose between them! U_U

...Or you can choose one of those other two convenient options to avoid the two perilous ones. Why did I do that, anyway!? >_<
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Re: Hino Rei versus Hino Rei!?

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:53 pm

You lose! Good day, sir! :D

I prefer the Hino Rei from the manga, since she has no interest in men (except as slaves, perhaps), has real class, and is free of gross exaggerations/flanderizations. The one in the anime has an awful and shallow personality. Female dog all the way. XD
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Vocaloid » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:00 pm

As much as I know about her, I would say the Rei from the live action is my favorite, though knowing The gassy one, SHE probably isn't a candidate on the list:=€
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:04 pm

That's because more people have likely read the manga and watched the anime than the live-action series.

Noy Telinú wrote:*Charlie places everlasting gobstopper on WW's desk and starts to leave*

I haven't read the manga... so... What can you tell me about her? I may end up putting that one in my fusion.

*Grabs iPhone and opens notes.*

"Go OoOnn..."
Wait, what? Well... I guess I can? O.o

Let's see... Rei has class and poise. She's actually fairly quiet, calm and reserved when she's not being bothered or instigated. That is mainly the reason why she was the only one of the senshi that Luna had thought might be the princess (not because she was spoiled like one). Actually, when Usagi first saw her, that was a part of the reason for why she had hearts in her eyes for her and followed to her shrine, along with being exotic and beautiful. ;p While she might have a temper (it seems reasonable to me, and usually for understandable reasons), she's usually self-restrained about it.

She likes to meditate (so you can kind of see where some of her quiet, calm and reserved nature comes from), wakes up at four in the morning, and doesn't watch much TV (she thinks it's noisy and moronic). Whether she likes girls depends on how you interpret what she says later in the series (because of the context), but it's a fact that she doesn't like men. It's known well enough that the others know about it and accept it at face value. When Minako told her that getting married to a man would be like having a servant that did all the work for her, to try and get her interested in the idea of being with a guy (because Minako's boy-crazy), she was clearly interested in the idea of having a servant, not necessarily through marriage. XD

What else is there... Well, there's not much else. Initially she was a reluctant senshi, like Usagi, except for a different reason. And she was the only one who didn't just accept becoming a senshi and asked Luna questions, saying that she wouldn't be a part of it if the one's about Luna weren't answered to satisfaction.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Well, it's not like you have to use the Rei from the manga. Take advantage of your choices! :O

But to answer your question: I don't ever recall her reading or mentioning manga, or seeing her other tastes suggest it. She's pretty much on par with Ami, priority-wise as well as academically (just not as smart/well-read), and as a priestess she probably lives a bit of an austere lifestyle (much like Ranma does).

As for the Akane comparison, it's impossible to compare the two in that way. As far as I can think of, anyway. Rei's dislike of men is rarely shown or mentioned, and she's not the aggressive or violent type unless it's the kind of situation that would require being a senshi. Otherwise she's pretty mature, and her tolerance can (but not always) go a long way.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:25 pm

I believe it's for rich/privileged children, since you can't transfer to it and it has high class accommodations as well as a strict code of conduct. Her father is a politician, seemingly an important enough one, and since he puts his politics first it probably makes sense for him to place her in a prestigious school to uphold a respectable image.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Vocaloid » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:38 pm

I thought it was her grandfather who chose to send Rei to a catholic girls school. Though I seem to remember something from the storyline saying how he wished she would bring her friends from school to the shrine so he could recruit pretty shrine maidens.
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:47 pm

That sounds like it's from the anime. From what I know of the manga, Rei got tired of her father and chose to live with her grandfather. I don't think her grandfather would have the money or prestige to be the one to send her to that kind of school, and he may not have that kind of guardianship even if he could.

Also, her grandfather in the manga is a decent, respectable grandfather, not a pervert. ;p
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:15 am

You don't need to be a pervert to want cute girls at your shrine. Cute girls draw bows, what better way to keep them coming back and get them to possibly learn more about the temple? It may seem perverted, but it is a respectable way to accomplish such a thing.
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon