Working in the Anime Industry

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Working in the Anime Industry

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:21 pm

A friend is trying to write a character who works at an animation house. I figure there must be an anime somewhere about that. (Think "Doujin Work", but moving?) She seems to learn best visually, so watching anime would be best.

Any suggestions?
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Re: Working in the Anime Industry

Postby Knight of L-sama » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:15 am

Shirobako is just what you're looking for.

Lead character is Miyamori Aoi, a new production assistant at the fictional Musashino Animation as she works on their new series "Exodus!". The cast is rounded out by her co-workers and her friends from her High Schools anime club who actually made one in Aoi's last year and have a plan to re-unite and make a full scale version once they've broken into the business.

Edit: The link is to Crunchyroll's page for the series. Just be aware that episode 6 is not currently available for unspecified "rights" reasons. Current leading theories are Bertol Brecht's estate objecting to the all female production of "Waiting for Godot" depicted, or the owners of "Space Runaway Ideon" thought that the names weren't changed enough when they were mentioned.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:28 am

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:A friend is trying to write a character who works at an animation house. I figure there must be an anime somewhere about that. (Think "Doujin Work", but moving?) She seems to learn best visually, so watching anime would be best.

Any suggestions?

http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/anima ... ner-kuromi ?
If nothing else, it´s funny at least. :wink:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:14 am

Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:47 am

That should be quite sufficient. Thanks!
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Return to Fic Research