Japanese name generator - supports vey good filtering

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Japanese name generator - supports vey good filtering

Postby Cheb » Sat May 22, 2021 3:09 am

https://namegen.jp/

Generates names and surnames out of a million variants, has setting for controlling rarity, can filter by contains/begins/ends with a specific kanji or readings in Latin (and no, there are NO valid names containing characters for "resurrection" or "fuck")
Need a common first name that begins with "hi" with a super super rare surname containing "白" ? Easily.
Hideki Shirasaya 白鞘 英樹
Hiroshi Shiraki 白城 浩
Hideki Motoshiromizu 本白水 英樹
...wheeeee...

What it cannot do is generate names that fit as both male and female: the sex switch is a radio button. I had to research this elsewhere.

Ab-so-lutely invaluable tool since I turned upon my "Your Destiny is Annulled" rewriting it into original work and thus had to create custom stand-in characters for Ranma, Akane and the entire Senshi cast :shock:
I woulda died or made a fool of myself (probably both) if I tried inventing that many names by hand.
Need a surname for Agni that include character for "fire"? Easy-peasy, Hisako Hinokawa /火ノ川 緋紗子/Scarletsilkgauzechild Riveroffire
A surname for Ishtar that includes "love"...? Not as easy as only the "koi" character is valid but still it's there: Mai Koimizu / 恋水 舞 / Dance Tearsoflove

Feel the POWAH! :twisted:
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Re: Japanese name generator - supports vey good filtering

Postby Spica75 » Sat May 22, 2021 8:03 am

(and no, there are NO valid names containing characters for "resurrection" or "fuck")

:lol:

Feel the POWAH!

I most certainly do.

AWESOME good find!
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Research