A Connecticut Yankee in Celestia's Court

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

A Connecticut Yankee in Celestia's Court

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:03 pm

Somebody took Twain's "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" as inspiration, then shipped it off to Canterlot. It was a fine story, and I have NO idea why it's not saved on my hard drive -- but that's the way it goes.

So: Christmas is coming, I do bookbinding, and I want to make a hardcover out of that story for a gift. Can't do that without a copy, and I can't find it. Anybody have an idea who or where it might be? (I don't remember the title, but it wasn't the one above.)
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Re: A Connecticut Yankee in Celestia's Court

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:17 am

I gave it a search, and while I've come across a few engineers that ended up in Equestria, and heard some discussion about writing a story with such a plot elsewhere, I don't have enough details to pinpoint what story you're looking for. Is it a human engineer, or a pony engineer? If a human, do they become a pony? Is there time travel involved, and hence no Twilight Sparkle and the rest (at least, as we typically know them)?

Closest I've got to that from my bookmarked stories is one where the guy somehow (even he doesn't know) builds a machine to escape a zombie apocalyptic world and ends up in Equestria as a female pony with a knack for "engineering" magical doodads (which are enough of a feat to impress Twilight Sparkle).
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: A Connecticut Yankee in Celestia's Court

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:09 am

I found the story, by Daniel Jess Gibson. It's called Out Of Place. Looking on FFnet wasn't doing me any good, because it was on Mediaminer. So now I have a Christmas present for a whole family of pony-lovers, though there will be some work involved.

And it's a human engineer who ends up on Equestria as a pony.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Return to Fic Search