Looking for Fics like "Make a Wish"

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Looking for Fics like "Make a Wish"

Postby LunaInverse » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:47 pm

I am looking for stories where the main character is assumed to be super powerful due to off hand comments being taken out of context.

'Make a Wish' by Rorsarch's Blot is one example.

Please and Thank You!
LunaInverse
Senshi Cadet

Re: Looking for Fics like "Make a Wish"

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:42 pm

Well... I've not read that story, so uncertain what you mean exactly by that wording.

One to come to mind would be:
RANMA 'Astrild's Restaurant' by Skysaber - [Dld Date=11/27/2011] - [Dld Size=151kb] - [Dld File Cnt=4] - [Dld Status=Inactive]
I suppose another caused by a wish (he wished to understand whom was messing with his life, it gave him personal knowledge of Setsuna Meiu from Sailor Moon) would be:
RANMA-SM 'The Best of Times' by Ozzallos - [Dld Date=02/25/2006] - [Dld Size=585kb] - [Dld File Cnt=11] - [Dld Status=Complete]

There is also a side story by TheGrum for the Breaking Chains Saga in the World Jumping Chapters that had a more powerful Ranma summoned by Happosai...
"You reached for a more powerful Ranma, I take it? To defeat this one,
who plagues you, is that it? You fool."

"For know, ancient perversion, that I am the Dragon Lord Fey Ranma, Lord
of Fey Castle, Archmage of the Court of Farallon, Grandmaster of the Fey
and Saotome Schools of Anything Goes Martial Arts, Wielder of Dragon
Fang, Bearer of the Dragon Armor, Beloved Blood Child of the Dragon Lady
Alana," okay, those are the regulars, beefed up a bit, now let's see how
far I can take it, how long I can keep spouting titles before somebody
blows up, "Master of the Crystal Rose, Adept of the Shining Darkness and
Master of the Seven Senses, Founder of the Eleventh Dan of the Tai Chi
Chuan, Protector of the Joketsuzoku, Brother by Blood to Prince Herb of
the Musk, Ally to Saffron, Lord of the Pheonix, Twice Chosen Heir of
Grandmaster Happosai, Dragon-Father to the Dragon Lady Nabiki," oops,
that looks like Nabiki in the back, and damn is that ever a stunned
expression, "Sole Heir to the Chumino Dragon-Scale School of
Weaponsmithing, Master of the True Neko-ken," looks like that one hit
Ranma, guess he must have been put through that too, "One Soul in Three
Bodies, Master of the Tapestry of Worlds, Touched by the Hand Of Death,
Servant of the Fire That Burns Beyond All That Is, Slayer of the Demon
Neshreth, Once Born Yet Thrice Unborn, Walker between Worlds, Victor
over the Curse of the Waters of Jusenkyou," oh, boy, that one hit them
hard, can't stop on that, need some more, "Sensei of the Unseen Master,
Vanquisher of the Huntsman of Lord Ereth," man, they all just look kind
of glazed, even Happosai. Heh. "Graced with Divine Gifts by Virtue of
the Defeat of the Lords Arkus and Fey, the Swiftfang, Wolf-Friend and
Pack-Brother to the Clan of the Howling Moon," man I was really
expecting somebody to interrupt me by now...

He was interrupted finally, on the heels of that thought, by a
vengefully furious voice, "Forget not to declare the title of the
Undestined, and the Lord of Chaos!"
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:54 am

Where was that posted? I don't see it anywhere on The Grum's website.
http://thegrum.s3-website-us-east-1.ama ... aster.html
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:20 am

slickrcbd wrote:Where was that posted? I don't see it anywhere on The Grum's website.
http://thegrum.s3-website-us-east-1.ama ... aster.html

It may not be anymore. I probably should have checked first, though if I had, I would not have posted it.

The World Jumping arc was part of theGrum's infamous mis-post of July 2007 where a whole bunch of his draft stories were released on accident by him, then much later finally removed. It was referred to as book4 in his file naming conventions, but I called it arc 6 of the overall breaking chains saga.

Specifically, the above segment I quoted was from chapter 6, of which 6, 7, and 9 were related, but 8 was something else. Most of the others were one or two shots.

Basically, in that segment Happosai in normal canon Ranma universe summoned Fey Ranma from fairly far into the Breaking chains universe. The wish was for a more powerful Ranma would be able to teach a lesson to canon one, but he got more than bargained for in that summoning.

It is actually hinted at in at least one other arc...The Neko Senshi arc takes place after this scene.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:00 am

Ten years later, we haven't seen any sign of those drafts being released or posted.
I missed it, and did not find out about it until after he pulled it. I never did get to read them.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:00 am

In regards to the search... a couple more occurred that might fit where confusion reigned after a wish.

RANMA 'When you wish upon a sword' by metroanime - [Dld Date=06/02/2001] - [Dld Size=149kb] - [Dld File Cnt=6] - [Dld Status=Complete]
and

RANMA 'White Rose' by Aondehafka - [Dld Date=02/12/2004] - [Dld Size=2282kb] - [Dld File Cnt=18] - [Dld Status=Complete]
and

RANMA 'One Trick Pony' by beartooth - [Dld Date=11/03/2006] - [Dld Size=389kb] - [Dld File Cnt=21] - [Dld Status=Complete]
  • - [MD Source=FF.NET] - [MD Category=Ranma] - [MD Rating=T] - [MD Word Cnt=74968]
  • - [MD Summary= Ranma realizes that being the best there is may not be all there is. His journey starts in Nerima but eventually takes him to a place where he can finally come to terms with what he would like to be. Ranma x Kasumi...Completed!]
  • - [Direct URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2971071/1/
  • - [Author1 URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/u/794133/

Also, if a wish is not needed, just the misunderstandings involved as if there was one... then what of:

RANMA 'Sexual Endeavours' by Ichinohei Hitomi - [Dld Date=03/05/2006] - [Dld Size=232kb] - [Dld File Cnt=8] - [Dld Status=Inactive]
As for theGrum... realistically, he left them up long enough people were surprised when he finally did take them down. I actually had expected even then that they would be back up after a bit of cleanup. I've no clue why he has held them back pretty much since. I never read them all though... he writes other than Ranma stuff, so I never bothered with most of that. What I looked at was Breaking Chains offshoots and side stories/arcs (and the related Tatsu Nabiki arcs), and Forever Ranko/Rune Ranko offshoots and side stories/arcs. The only other story I used to follow of his was Finding an Anchor, and it never got anything like side stories that I ever saw.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LunaInverse » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:41 am

The writing in the post itself explains more what I meant.

I am looking for stories where the main character is assumed to be super powerful due to off hand comments being taken out of context.

'Sexual Endeavors' uses a similar concept where miss communication confuses everthing though.
LunaInverse
Senshi Cadet

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:48 pm

Well... if it is stuff being taken out of context, or assumed, or deliberate slight of hand to give the character power, then how about:

The Anime Adventure thread called 'Prisoner of the Iron Mask', where Ranma, being told off by Akane to not rescue her the next time kidnapped, arranges to secretly take out the kidnappers, then in turn kidnap her pretending to be them... and convincing her she needed to train to beat the prince in combat to free herself... no link, since the site is dead.

RANMA 'The Art of Justice' by Ms Spooky1 - [Dld Date=05/06/2006] - [Dld Size=62kb] - [Dld File Cnt=2] - [Dld Status=Inactive]
RANMA-SM 'The Dark Lords of Nerima' by claymade - [Dld Date=02/24/2011] - [Dld Size=1270kb] - [Dld File Cnt=24] - [Dld Status=Complete]
  • - [MD Source=FF.NET] - [MD Category=Sailor Moon + Ranma Crossover] - [MD Rating=T] - [MD Word Cnt=230297]
  • - [MD Summary= Ranma and Ryouga are no strangers to trouble. But when they accidentally convince both the Sailor Senshi and the Dark Kingdom that they're megalomaniacal villains bent on world domination trouble starts to take on a whole new meaning.]
  • - [Direct URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3566724/1/
  • - [Author1 URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/u/397720/

The simple problem, at least in terms of Ranma stories, is the opposite approach is actually the better in most cases and more the norm for story plots.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:32 pm

This is partially off-topic, but PCHeinz, your replies look like they were copied and pasted from Rakhal's Penultimate Ranma Fanfic Index, yet the last one about the Dark Lords of Nermia is from well after that index was abandoned and the hosting went down.

Is there another index you are using?
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby LunaInverse » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:57 pm

I somewhat didn't think about that, ranma is kinda op anyway.

Anything from basicaly Fandom is cool too. If anyone had recommendations.
LunaInverse
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spica75 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:59 pm

slickrcbd wrote:This is partially off-topic, but PCHeinz, your replies look like they were copied and pasted from Rakhal's Penultimate Ranma Fanfic Index, yet the last one about the Dark Lords of Nermia is from well after that index was abandoned and the hosting went down.

Unless i misrecall, his own?
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:57 pm

This is partially off-topic, but PCHeinz, your replies look like they were copied and pasted from Rakhal's Penultimate Ranma Fanfic Index, yet the last one about the Dark Lords of Nermia is from well after that index was abandoned and the hosting went down.

Blinks... I've never used the Penultimate index except to reference stories there, I use my own indexing system instead... have since October 2004...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search