Genma defeats Shampoo

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Genma defeats Shampoo

Postby slickrcbd » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:06 pm

I think this was a time-travel fic, but I'm not certain.
What I recall is that after Jusenkyo when Ranma and Genma visit the Amazon Village and in canon they eat Shampoo's prize, Ranma stays away from the table and tries to point out that the food is 1st prize to Genma. Genma ignores him and eats the prize.
Shampoo challenges Ranma as canon, but he somehow gets hot water and reveals Genma's true form. Shampoo winds up fighting Genma and gets defeated.
I can't recall if the hot water comes before or after Shampoo's defeat, it might have come afterwards when Shampoo tires to kill or discipline the panda.

Sorry, my memory is fuzzy, all I recall for sure is Ranma making a point NOT to eat the prize and Shampoo winding up defeated by Genma.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Genma defeats Shampoo

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:50 pm

I seriously doubt this was it, but IIRC, wasn't Genma the one to beat Shampoo in 'Frozen Flame' by Dreamingfox.

That fic is *not* technically a time travel fic, it is a multi-crossover parallel universe fic. Also, the relationship between Genma and Shampoo is *not* a good one.

I vaguely recall seeing others over the years... the problem is I've zero interest in Genma's relationships, and none with him with girls young enough to be his daughter
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:32 pm

I vaguely recall that Genma refused to be with Shampoo because of Nodoka. Though it might have been because of fear of her removing his little head with her katana if he did so.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:42 pm

I kind of recall a story with this happening, but haven’t found it yet.

Near, miss:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10089204/56/Yet-More-Fragments — Xander warns Ranma to let Genma deal with it.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby AxelTheBunny » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:09 am

Definitely sounds familiar but if I recall correctly was not the main focus of the story...

And lol if I recall Gemma actually was rather faithful to Nodoka, his problem is gluttony not lust.
AxelTheBunny
Senshi Cadet

Postby slickrcbd » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Té Rowan wrote:I kind of recall a story with this happening, but haven’t found it yet.

Near, miss:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10089204/56/Yet-More-Fragments — Xander warns Ranma to let Genma deal with it.

Interesting, since I thought I read all of Dogbertcarroll's stuff, but I remember a bit more then where that ends.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:40 am

The closest hit I have found is this divergence: Ranma, A different path taken.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:21 pm

that might just be it, since I know I read all of Kayemsi's works a long time ago. I recall both that and "Ranma, the Second Time Around" being quite good, with the latter being one of the longest fics on Pit of Voles. Heck, if I hadn't been reading "Second Time Around" from the beginning, I probably would have procrastinated on reading it because of the length.
Well, either that or get so hooked on it that I wind up staying up all night on a work night binge reading and realize it's 5 or 6am, I have to get up at 7, and I haven't slept at all and still have a lot more to read.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Fic Search