Ranma is Plutos mom

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma is Plutos mom

Postby LunaInverse » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:03 pm

Hello, Im looking for a fan fic where ranma, venus, and mercury are sent back in time and ranma ends up on being pregnant with pluto and they are sent back into the future just as pluto is becoming a senshi.
LunaInverse
Senshi Cadet

Re: Ranma is Plutos mom

Postby Slab Bulkhead » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:16 pm

Lines of Destiny by Louis-Phillipe Giroux, and it's fan-continuation Destiny's Intersection by Shareon.

I believe that the original is one of the earliest known fanfics to put Ranma in a sailor fuku.
Slab Bulkhead
Senshi Candidate

Postby slickrcbd » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:15 pm

It has got to be in the continuation, because I have absolutely no recollection of Ranma being pregnant in Lines of Destiny by Phoenix, and I have been waiting for it to be updated since 2001 (though I gave up hope a decade ago).
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Pata Hikari » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:58 am

slickrcbd wrote:It has got to be in the continuation, because I have absolutely no recollection of Ranma being pregnant in Lines of Destiny by Phoenix, and I have been waiting for it to be updated since 2001 (though I gave up hope a decade ago).

Yup. That's one of the plot points of Destiny's Intersection. Which is technically based off the original authors drafts and ideas, but really that just shows that the authors original plans to continue Lines of Destiny really weren't that good, and I'm sure he agreed since he started up a rewrite of the idea that didn't go anywhere sadly.
Pata Hikari
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spica75 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:38 am

a rewrite of the idea that didn't go anywhere sadly.

Rewrites equals dead fic 9 times out of 10. :(
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:44 am

There is a vast terrain between "copy-editing" and "rewrite". I've done a fair bit of copy-editing on Different Colors, but I've left the ffnet version untouched. The revised version is on my web site, and you won't be able to see much difference.

Heinlein had Jubal Harshaw say something to the effect of "Don't rewrite. Send it out to editors, then write something else." If an editor offers to buy the story if only you fix something she noticed, then you rewrite. Other than that, rewriting is only while you're busy learning and improving your craft.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby slickrcbd » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:23 pm

Can I hijack this to ask if anybody remembers the one where Pluto was Ranma's mother? I do recall a hilarious line in there where Ranma asks Setsuna "Must everything be quick and painful with you?" in front of others and she responds "YOU were not quick, but most definitely painful", and Ranma is mortified.
I can't recall much else, other than it is old, at least 15 years old.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:14 pm

slickrcbd wrote:Can I hijack this to ask if anybody remembers the one where Pluto was Ranma's mother?

At least one where Pluto was Ranma's mother -- True Heritage. For extra points, Nodoka was the father. It's not the one you remember, but it is about fifteen years old.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spica75 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:51 am

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:At least one where Pluto was Ranma's mother -- True Heritage. For extra points, Nodoka was the father. It's not the one you remember, but it is about fifteen years old.

Wait, what? Now i just have to read it... :P
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:07 am

There are quite a few fics where Setsuna is Ranma's mother. I'm sure I've read at least 5 over the years.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:36 pm

Dumbledork wrote:There are quite a few fics where Setsuna is Ranma's mother. I'm sure I've read at least 5 over the years.

Yes, but i can only think of 2 where it starts with him, Mercury and Venus being sent back in time, one where he´s utterly miserable and one where he's not so bad off. Cant find either though...
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:09 pm

I sorta hijacked the thread for one where Setsuna was Ranma's mother, while the OP was asking for one where Ranma was sent back in time and gave birth to Setsuna.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:03 am

The more we talk, the more I -- sorta remember. Keep talking.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:26 pm

slickrcbd wrote:Can I hijack this to ask if anybody remembers the one where Pluto was Ranma's mother? I do recall a hilarious line in there where Ranma asks Setsuna "Must everything be quick and painful with you?" in front of others and she responds "YOU were not quick, but most definitely painful", and Ranma is mortified.
I can't recall much else, other than it is old, at least 15 years old.

Very likely Leonardo B. Castro’s “Pluto’s Son”, except that one does not mention the answer as shocking him.

This, OTOH, may be what OP is looking for:
http://www.fukufics.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=8148

Edit: A small bonus: One of the oldest Ranma-is-Pluto’s-son fic around.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search