Looking for another fic with a vague idea of..

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Looking for another fic with a vague idea of..

Postby kami of chaos space » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:59 pm

So I have a vague fic that I remember liking.
Ranma Sailor Moon cross with Ranma either teaching the scouts and being and ass he joins their dreams one by one to help them with their problems and they fall in love or it’s implied they sleep together,
r they just liking him eventually, at some point they all join his dream to save him from his insecurities
It was unfinished, but I did like the flow of the story. Any ideas?
kami of chaos space
Senshi Candidate

Re: Looking for another fic with a vague idea of..

Postby Sunshine Temple » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:25 pm

It's not ringing any bells.

Does Ranma get any magical senshi powers? (Either in male or female form?)

There's a fukufic that might be vaugly like that....
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby jasonjkay » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:42 pm

It rang a bell and after much searching I have a possibility. I have never read this but the description on the page sounds right and is what I vaguely remembered from years ago. The site is no longer online but it is archived. I have no idea if it is available elsewhere.

Can It Get Any Worse? By Jonathan Ford
Ranma is cynical sociopathic mage that has more demonic friends than human ones. This is the story of what happens when he is tricked into teaching the Sailor Senshi magic. Chaotic callousness meets magically reinforced naiveté. Fun eh!
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:43 pm

I might have read it, maybe...

His insecurities are "personalised"/antropomorphised, appearing as caricatures of people he knows?

Or is it the one where a bunch of alternate Ranma's meet up in dreams?
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby kami of chaos space » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:20 am

Yeah I’m not certain it’s a J ford piece but I’ll re-read CIGAW and double check, like I said I know it’s vague and I barely remember it, I could be remembering two fics but I do think he did end up in a fuku, I’m having a image of him and them in some sort of neko senshi thing. I know innortal had a melo senshi fic, so I’ve been going through that stuff, but so far no luck.

Again the main thing that stands out is that they all were dreaming and Ranma came in their dreams (maybe neko-Ranma)
And he killed their insecurities almost literally, and then had sex with them even the outers, then at the very end of the fic (not sure if updated) he had his dreams invaded by all the senshi and they helped him.
kami of chaos space
Senshi Candidate

Postby Té Rowan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:20 pm

This reminds me a bit of “One Half a Neko Moon”, one of the fice abandoned when Chilord got out of writing.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:35 pm

kami of chaos space wrote:Yeah I’m not certain it’s a J ford piece but I’ll re-read CIGAW and double check, like I said I know it’s vague and I barely remember it, I could be remembering two fics but I do think he did end up in a fuku, I’m having a image of him and them in some sort of neko senshi thing. I know innortal had a melo senshi fic, so I’ve been going through that stuff, but so far no luck.

Again the main thing that stands out is that they all were dreaming and Ranma came in their dreams (maybe neko-Ranma)
And he killed their insecurities almost literally, and then had sex with them even the outers, then at the very end of the fic (not sure if updated) he had his dreams invaded by all the senshi and they helped him.

Hmm, ok, not one of the ones i was thinking of then...
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby kami of chaos space » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Té Rowan wrote:This reminds me a bit of “One Half a Neko Moon”, one of the fice abandoned when Chilord got out of writing.

I think this is it. I’ll read it just to be sure, but thank you in advance.
kami of chaos space
Senshi Candidate

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Té Rowan wrote:This reminds me a bit of “One Half a Neko Moon”, one of the fice abandoned when Chilord got out of writing.

I dug that up, and it fits the search criteria perfectly. Ends at a reasonable place (end of an arc) but promises more. The title I have is 1/2 a Neko Moon. It is by either Chilord or John Macready -- same person, different name. I saved the story way back in 2005, and have a copy in DOC format.

Chilord has a bunch of fanfics on FFnet, and a website at [url]chilord.com[/url]. He has a page at https://archiveofourown.org/users/Chilord. Neither of them have the story. From his pages, he is fighting cancer; though indications are he's still alive.

You can find 1/2 a Neko Moon on the wayback machine at https://web.archive.org/web/20060106013354/http://chilord.anifics.com/NM_01.txt. It is the one and only chapter, and a fairly long one at that. That was when he swore he was getting out of fanfic writing. He has since gotten back into fanfic, written a novel, and is currently much occupied with medical issues.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby kami of chaos space » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:47 pm

Yes that’s absolutely the fic. Thank you guys for another find. It’s such a great read for fun.
kami of chaos space
Senshi Candidate

Postby Darkbane848 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:41 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:From his pages, he is fighting cancer; though indications are he's still alive.

I'm afraid Chilord died on August 2 2018.
Darkbane848
Senshi Cadet

Postby rogue7 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:10 pm

Darkbane848 wrote:From his pages, he is fighting cancer; though indications are he's still alive.

I'm afraid Chilord died on August 2 2018.

:`( sorry to hear that
rogue7
Senshi Cadet

Postby ckosacranoid » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:43 pm

lost a another writer before thier time. sigh. rest in piece dude.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Cheb » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:54 am

And *again* someone whose translated fanfic was on our decaying website. :(
As if Brian Randall wasn't enough :(
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby kami of chaos space » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:00 am

Damn, rest in power. Been trying to find out what happened to Mark Mackinnon as well, hoping he just stopped writing and wasn’t another gone too soon.
kami of chaos space
Senshi Candidate

Return to Fic Search