Polyamourous

Talk about all other fiction in this forum.

Polyamourous

Postby truedemonicfire » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:54 pm

An interesting idea in a pairing. A love interest is poly-amorous and is in love with both the main character and the rival. A whole story can be made as these two characters learn to get along to be with the object of their desires. Example. Both Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy are in love with Hermione Granger and she likes them both. They learn to get along to try make sure they're all happy as. I think poly-amory can be explored more in fiction.
truedemonicfire
Senshi Candidate

Re: Polyamourous

Postby Vahn » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:15 pm

So you want it from the guy side instead of the girls? Technically polyarmous happens all the time in harem fic even otome types.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Polyamourous

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:02 pm

truedemonicfire wrote:An interesting idea in a pairing. A love interest is poly-amorous and is in love with both the main character and the rival. A whole story can be made as these two characters learn to get along to be with the object of their desires. Example. Both Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy are in love with Hermione Granger and she likes them both. They learn to get along to try make sure they're all happy as. I think poly-amory can be explored more in fiction.

Not really a huge believer in it myself... at least with multiple guys on a girl... most fail, like Ryoga and Ranma over Akane.

Even in the ones with multiple girls on a guy, which we see often enough, in most cases it is either they did not truly consider themselves rivals or one took a back seat to the other (Nanami and Ifurita in El Hazard come to mind of this combination, ditto Kaname and the captain in Full Metal Panic, ditto Lisa/Misa hayes and Lynn Minmay in Macross/Robotech).

Still, successful ones exist, the most blatant to come to mind is 801 TTS Airbats since it was approved by the Admiral to end their rivalry.

Some have mitigating really odd circumstances... Pleast/Onegai Twins come to mind. Ditto Saber Marionette J.

Then there is the Bazaar... Like Happy Lesson. Which in my opinion is one of the very few harem comedy series where the girls need the guy more than he needs them.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fiction Discussion