Anything Goes Student’s

Talk about all other fiction in this forum.

Anything Goes Student’s

Postby toushin » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:32 pm

I just realize something despite the point of the engagement being about uniting the two schools (as are all the engagements Genma made) yet besides some generic mentions I never see any story focus on Ranma’s students and if they do it’s usually either his kids or at the very least either Yuka, Sayuri, Hiroshi, or Daisuke world decide to train. I just find it strange that no one has come up with an Anything Goes student. I just realize something despite the point of the engagement being about uniting the two schools (as are all the engagements Genma made) yet besides some generic mentions I never see any story focus on Ranma’s students and if they do it’s usually either his kids or at the very least either Yuka, Sayuri, Hiroshi, or Daisuke world decide to train. I just find it strange that no one has come up with an Anything Goes student.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Anything Goes Student’s

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:12 pm

Technically, the Return has that. With Ranma refining Anything Goes and teaching her daughters and latter in the story teaching others. (And the houses are joined as Nabiki and Akane end up her daughters).

But the story is a bit odd as Ranma does end up a demoness...
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:17 pm

There are other stories with that. As an example in Desperately Seeking Ranma they have a number of students, though it mostly only mentioned Mariko as the best of the lot. Technically, while not officially so, in that same story, Aiko and her group are main students of Ranma and Kasumi's main branch, along with Nabiki. Rei, Ami, and Hotaru are going to be students,and they've toyed with the idea of agent Naito needing to be brought into to bring his skills up a bit.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Pata Hikari » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:03 am

toushin wrote:I just realize something despite the point of the engagement being about uniting the two schools

No it isn't. It's to "secure the future of the Tendo Dojo."

Nothing ever about "uniting the schools" or even if the "schools" even need to be reunited.

And Genma "engaged" Ranma to Ukyo as an impulsive scam, nothing about any martial arts.

You can easily "secure the future" with the engagement even if Ranma and Akane only ever teach martial arts to their kids.
Pata Hikari
Senshi Cadet

Postby toushin » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:59 pm

More realistic martial arts Manga’s such as Holyland, Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru, All-Rounder Meguru are good places to find anything goes students. While these charecters aren’t up to the level where they can do something like swim from japan to china to do seem like a good fit.

For example the character that made me think of this was a boxing genius who a few days before the east japan rookie championship. Lost his left eye when he got run over by someone on a bike who ignored the traffic light. Naturally it’s too dangerous fighting one-eyed, so his pro license was revoked. But he still wouldn’t give up getting in the ring. So he switched to the kickboxing ring. What if instead of kickboxing he went to anything goes
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Fiction Discussion