Quirks

Talk about all other fiction in this forum.

Quirks

Postby toushin » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:31 pm

What type of Quirks do you think the characters would have.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Quirks

Postby Spica75 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:28 am

toushin wrote:What type of Quirks do you think the characters would have.

What characters?
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby toushin » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:22 pm

the characters in Ranma what type of quirks would be suitable to them
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:26 am

toushin wrote:the characters in Ranma what type of quirks would be suitable to them

They don't need no steenking quirks! They already have a large supply.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby toushin » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:47 am

i agree in fact I thought of this after reading a story where it turned out that the Furinkan district was a quirkless sanctuary. Though I was thrown off by the fact that the author had it so that Ranma didn’t even know what quirks were which didn’t make any sense.

It’s not like Ranma and co haven’t been given superpowers before heck there have been long discussions on this very forum about it. I thought it would be fun.

I thought of three.
The first is in keeping with me wanting Ranma to be a healer its similar to recover from Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi I recommend reading that with caution. It’s basically Rewind by manipulating time and matter, you can return things to their original states and heal deep injuries. It eliminates the weakness of rewind by combining it with psychometry. So instead of running the risk of erasing target from existence, you return it it to its normal condition. The drawback is because of the spiritual link needed to do this you end up suffering through everything the target went through in life, in a single instant. Thus requiring extensive physical and mental resistance to pain.

There was a superpower from a webcomic called Grrl Power Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi and explains it a little better.it allows one to draw against their other abilities to “max out” an attribute giving them staggering capabilities and making their power level difficult to quantify. Basically you can change your stat spread by enhancing some stats (such as strength, speed, magical defense, physical defense, and magical attack) at the cost of reducing others.

Kuraudo Kurashiki’s Marginal Counter though I like Shinsoku Hansha - Godspeed Reflex better. A unique reflexive sensitivity that no other person aside from Kuraduo has which even Ikki is unable to replicate. It is estimated his reaction time is at 0.05 secs, in other words, he is able to perform two or three actions in the amount of time that it would take Ikki and Stella (0.13 seconds). This lets him perform actions at a much faster rate than most Blazers, dodge attacks aimed at him, then he retaliates at almost the same moment. Marginal Counter, however, consumes more stamina than usual because Kuraudo must do more moves in order to be more effective, thus disabling Kuraudo from fighting long battles while using it. Basically he was born with the skills of a blind master i.e his sixth sense is linked to his kinesthetics. This is what allows characters like Paul Wan and Kenpachi Zaraki to dodge an attack literally the moment it touches there skin eliminating any damage from it.

When you look closely superpowers they aren’t magic but better described as the elimination of the need for training as well as the body being adapted to eliminate the physical drawbacks of those abilities. Marginal Counter is spider sense. Superman’s supersenses however are clairvoyance and clairaudience i.e shingan. Usually in fictions you gain shingan by training your senses to the level of a blind master then blinding yourself to force your body to compensate, but sup’s has his naturally.

Quicksilver basically has Reduced Earth but if Seta Sōjirō or Rock Lee pushed their body to its limits their bones would snap from the strain Pietro's body however is adapted towards the rigors of high-speed running. So he doesn’t have to worry about that.

The same with the speed force. In fist of the north star and Shadow skill there is a technique called Kamui (though I don’t think they have a name for in fist of the north star its just how fast they are). It’s basically the speed force. However unlike the flash who can run around the world this level of speed requires a huge amount of power, and results in bones in the legs disintegrating from the strain and the blood vessels ripping apart.

I don’t really classify quirks as superpowers while you do gain an ability it doesn’t eliminate the need for training. Training in how to control it is different from training how to use it. you could say its similar to disability fighting only instead of losing a sense or limb you gain one, and in both cases you have to train overcome this drawback. Martial arts would be prevalent in MHA because quirks work on the same principle as blind fighting and given the adaptability of anything goes it would be just as famous as it unusually is or infamous as the case may be.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Fiction Discussion