Nostalga and Nuke 'em till they glow

Talk about all other fiction in this forum.

Re: Nostalga and Nuke 'em till they glow

Postby slickrcbd » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:40 pm

Spica75 wrote:Other than that, everything else was believable, including the meeting where they blew off Taylor's evidence. Been there, done that in almost exactly the same way in the mid-'90s.

"everything else" includes a LOT of crap however. Her bugclones? Impossible, does not work. Just to take ONE example. Her use of bugs for fighting? Mostly impossible. Impossible as in physically cannot be done without adding outside forces.

I was only addressing Winslow with "everything else". Recall I only talked about Winslow. Where do bug clones come in? Talk about a straw man argument.
I meant everything else that went on at Winslow excluding The Locker incident. Short of that, everything that happened at Winslow

And again, all of the setting interaction stuff, yeah, each issue by itself isn't unrealistic, because there's shitty people to be found everywhere(and it's sad to hear you had to deal with some), but there's a limit on how much you can force together and still make it believable. And the author doesn't even TRY to make it believable, he just basically goes "all these totally surreal things happened all at once to the same person"...

Actually, given the time frame for most of the events in Brockton Bay, it can be believable that you get a succession of bad things happening. Since it took place over less than six months, it is believable.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Previous

Return to Fiction Discussion