What if… — Idea inklings

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: What if… — Idea inklings

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:50 pm

I re-read "Cheaper By The Dozen", which was indeed good. But there are a few other stories in that mental-whiplash neighborhood. Ozzallos' Kunoification is one. Another is Shareon's Identity Search, with a very intriguing Ranma and a seriously flawed Nabiki. Unlike many very-different-Ranma stories, you can see how these might happen.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spica75 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:14 pm

Té Rowan wrote:Sometime this morning I recalled a fic in which the girl who drowned in That Spring was Beryl's daughter. This was followed by an idea of a stand-off between Beryl and the Senshi being interrupted by Nodoka and a wet and grumbling Ranma (read, Ranko). We have Beryl 'recognising' Ranma — and before we know it, she and Nodoka are interacting, and then the infamous Grandbabies Syndrome springs up, resulting in one very flustered Ranko and a group of baffled/amused Senshi.

Then, say, Ryouga ambles by and Ranko seeks refuge with him — it can't get any worse. after all — and the GbS really takes off, with both women convincing each other that grandbabies are inevitable and it's just a matter of time. And much mortification shall ensue.

It comes up that one of the Senshi lives on her own. Nodoka offers to adopt her soonest, and begins to speculate on more grandbabies, leading to more mortification.

Oh yeah, i recognise that one. :mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:53 am

I suppose this one will not leave my head intil I write it down…

Notice to all maids wanting to 'get it on' with Our Consort:

On the plus side, you get a square meal and freshened-up clothes in the morning.

On the minus side, We know what that bowlegged walk, ginger steps and goofy smile means.

Queen ________
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:58 pm

A very topical idea, set in SM first season but looks very portable:

There is an unexpected lull in youma attacks for, say, a week or three. Next time a general appears, he looks really under the weather. Turns out that the DK has been on near-shutdown due to… a flu.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:32 pm

One flu over the youma's nest?
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:00 pm

Minako: (singing) "Hoo-ma, you-ma… You look like a flu-ma!"
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:58 pm

Here is one I did write down, and then promptly forgot it:

What kind of cops’n’robbers show would have both cops and robbers having to take moonlight jobs just to make ends meet?
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:37 pm

What kind of dustbin fire could result from Hermione Granger and Mizuno Ami meeting in Nerima, only to be mistaken as Ranma's latest batch of fiancées?
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:10 pm

This meeting would be incomplete without Hakubi Washu. Assuming the scenario as stated, Ami's powers over water and Hermione's use of aguamenti, matters would escalate. Then Happosai would show up, followed by house elves and phoenixes. And the sane ones would run away to Azubu-juuban.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:46 am

I suspect Hermione would first portkey Happosai to Candlemas Island where he can tangle with the Spaniard ghosts supposedly there.

Off-the-top-of-my-head rambles ahead:

Hmm… I can see Hermione figure out a wanded version of Shabon Spray (Freezing).

For some reason I see Hermione and Ami being in the 19–22 age bracket there and Ranma ca. 16 years old.

Hermione tries building a wand for Ami so she will be less conspicuous in the Wizarding World. Not sure of the wood (possibly yamazakura – mountain cherry), but the core would be several strands of Sailor Mercury's hair twisted together. The damn thing works, giving Mercury a range boost to her attacks. Shock when Ami discovers it works for her, too, if at shorter ranges. Bigger shock when it gives another Senshi access to Mercuy's attacks.

Hermione and Ami work out a tunable monochrome Lumos and even a projected one. IR and UV blacklight photography for the win (and blackmail, of course).
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:27 pm

After listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvJHULqzU44, I thought of the six Plutos and three random guys from a previous ramble.

A Sailor Pluto is standing guard over a Time Gate somewhere when she hears music and song filter into her space. An examination shows that both come from the Gate. She decides to risk opening the door to see…

… a group of six of herself standing or sitting in a sound recording studio and watching some guys mix down a music video of what seems to be themselves in front of a railway station, singing a lively tune. (I'm assuming the Plutos can use some sort of Time Turner so there is still one standing her four-hour watch at their Gate.)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:57 am

There is a group of Marines. Bored Marines. So bored that they decide to invent a super-soldier serum.

After an inevitable display of SCIENCE!, they bring forth the result. It turns out to be, not a super-soldier serum, but an effective cure-almost-all. Shame about the side effects. You see, it is a super-hero serum. Sadly, the superheroes it produces aren't exactly Justice League material even if their minds are in the right place.

Hijinks happen, of course.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:32 am

DC Comics did that, without the Marines or the serum. The Inferior Five. I rather liked Dumb Bunny. I sympathized with Merryman. Didn't much care about the rest. What kind of spice would marines add to the stew? The serum?

If the serum is an effective cure-almost-all, it's a win. Somebody bad enough off would figure turning into a healthy low-grade (super)hero would be better than lying in bed. And the Corps would probably be okay as long as the serum didn't make villains, even if they were no longer combat-ready. They weren't combat-ready lying in bed, either.

As for the Marines part -- poor superhero or not, the healed would end up gung-ho about their heroing. With a good trainer, even a weak power can do useful things, and they'd probably stay with the training. Win-win all around. The marines aren't bored, the sick are healed, what's to complain about?

Now tell it from the viewpoint of one of the potionized...
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:38 pm

There is the discovery of the cure-almost-all having side effects, and the nature of these side effects.

Your FISS package might give you the stats of a Cessna 172, or be slanted or min-maxed. There are only so many walls you can crash through before you get Shampoo as code name.

Or you need a complete new wardrobe because you got youthened or genderswapped. Or both. And your grandchildren's schoolmates keep hitting on you.

Or you can make hard-light objects of only one type or class.

Or you can knock someone out at 500 m range, but ony by throwing spent D-cells.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs