What if… — Idea inklings

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: What if… — Idea inklings

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:29 pm

Dementors scatter! It's Patronus Taz!
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:19 pm

Or what if it was Chuck Norris? I believe the Dementors would hide in Azkaban's deepest levels and refuse to come out. Lethifolds? Extinct.

Anime character patroni? "OP PLS NER..." (silenced by a Satellite Strike)

Leopard patroni that can change into Mark 2s? Big-track drifting through groups of dementors.

Cobra patroni that can change into AH-1s? Cue the drooling squaddies. Because instant CAS.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:30 am

Additional anime patroni:

Ranma Saotome — Because the Mouko Takabisha will very likely be dementor poison.
Sailor Moon — That big, funky, dementor-scaring finishing move.
Belldandy — How ashamed of themselves can dementors get?
Himura Kenshin — The dementors will soon be pushing up daisies.

Still in the HP-verse, we see Luna Lovegood walking around with some strange contraption on a stick, a wire leading to a button in one ear. She tells the Weasleys and other confused purebloods that it is a battery-powered niffler.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:02 am

Ranma's mouko takabisha is powered by courage and pride. Dementors just eat up that stuff. Ryoga's shi shi hokodan full of depression (which is the stuff the dementors don't eat) might work better.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:49 pm

There is such a thing as overeating, which could really (and permanently) put a dementor off his chow.

And I just had the mental image of a Belldandy-patronus goosing a Ranma- or a Kenshin-patronus.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:20 pm

A while ago I had the idea of a character from a Nordic country of our era somehow ending up on the moon during the Moon Kingdom era, and the historians there managing to speak with him/her via Ancient Lunarian. Of course, that would lead to much speculation and theorising about the close similarities between the two languages.

Whether that would be a viable subplot to a story, I do nor know.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:09 pm

Great, not only do I have four women that want to marry me, but now I have this older married Goddess goosing me. What else can go wrong this week? Shut up, pig boy. I do not want to hear it.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:23 pm

I'm not so sure of a Nord in the Moon Kingdom. The Chinese Vikings in Girl Days were bad enough. Still if it's only one ....
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:32 pm

At least the Chinese Vikings were a lot more laid-back than the Chinese Amazons.

HP: Someone is spotted using some strange contraption to open and close the Veil of Death and travel through it at will. The Unspeakables somehow manage to ‘steal’ the device, only to find that they can’t figure it out at all. Should be quite understandable since it is in fact a universal TV remote control.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:53 pm

Té Rowan wrote:At least the Chinese Vikings were a lot more laid-back than the Chinese Amazons.

If you carry swords, spears, battleaxes, and herring around openly, you can afford to be laid-back. Who is going to bother you? If somebody does look at you in a hostile manner, just cut down the tallest tree in the forest with your herring. If that's not enough, contemplate your battle-axe.

HP: Someone is spotted using some strange contraption to open and close the Veil of Death and travel through it at will. The Unspeakables somehow manage to ‘steal’ the device, to find that they can’t figure it out at all. Should be quite understandable since it is in fact a universal TV remote control.

It sounds like Professor Haywire, or maybe Professsor Curlyhair, perhaps in her later guise as Saurial.They are very good at befuddling wizards, cf The Long Slow Lizarding of Hermione Granger
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:42 am

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:It sounds like Professor Haywire, or maybe Professsor Curlyhair, perhaps in her later guise as Saurial.They are very good at befuddling wizards, cf The Long Slow Lizarding of Hermione Granger

The average HP-verse magical doesn't look all that nimble a thinker. I'm pretty sure that the average salescritter or lion food (mid-level manager) could sell them an encyclopedia and a bridge while simultaneously convincing them to vote Vetinari.

And now I have begun wondering if there are similarities between the magic system Hermione is learning in the fic you linked to and the magic system Ranma and Kasumi devised in "Desperately Seeking Ranma".
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:31 am

Té Rowan wrote:And now I have begun wondering if there are similarities between the magic system Hermione is learning in the fic you linked to and the magic system Ranma and Kasumi devised in "Desperately Seeking Ranma".

Taylor Varga and Desperately Seeking Ranma are probably two of the finest fanfics I've ever read (for my particular definition of "finest"). They are certainly two of the longest -- Taylor Varga is over two million words at this point. And that's with quite a few omake moved out into their own stories (such as the one I linked, which is only the length of a regular novel).

A quick addition: Alexander Harris and the Shadow Council belongs on this list of favorites. It's over three million words. The amazing thing is that I've never hit boring patches in any of them.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:05 pm

Might be applicable to a Silver-Millennium-era fic:

"... but that's all handled by the Palace Monitoring System."

"You mean to say that the palace has PMS?"

"No-one has ever made that kind of joke more than once."
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Mon May 08, 2023 6:56 am

Next time Aino Minako adopts Harry Potter, let her name him Aino Haru (Summer of Love).
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Wed May 17, 2023 4:48 am

First there were the planetary senshi. They were the primary senshi.

Then there were the senshi of the larger moons and asteroids. They were the secondary senshi.

After them came the many senshi of the lesser moons and asteroids. They were the tertiary senshi.

Finally came the senshi of all the nameless rocks and debris floating around. She was the lone quaternary senshi.

She was Sailor Hey You.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs