Question for Kirinin's 'Happily Married'

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Question for Kirinin's 'Happily Married'

Postby StarrySkyS » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:35 pm

So, having read it again, does anyone know what exactly happened in the end? I know the for the story that there's a 1998 timeline and a 2004 timeline but at the end did the 98Ranma get sent back to the wrong 1998 or something? Is there now a 1998 timeline without any Ranma in it?
StarrySkyS
Senshi Candidate

Re: Question for Kirinin's 'Happily Married'

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:20 pm

StarrySkyS wrote:So, having read it again, does anyone know what exactly happened in the end? I know the for the story that there's a 1998 timeline and a 2004 timeline but at the end did the 98Ranma get sent back to the wrong 1998 or something? Is there now a 1998 timeline without any Ranma in it?

Ehhh.. I remember reading it (even still track it), even just now reread the last chapter for details...

I thought the author note fairly clear:

Author's Notes: This was, in some ways, a very quick write. I wrote it in about three days of intense plot creation, creating symbolic sketches of Ranma's time travel, the way she saw it (as switching places with someone else) and the way it actually was (that is, switching with herself.) As I stated last time, Ranma is now in a completely different timeline, disparate from the first. (If you'll notice, things are going very slightly differently from how it was explained to Ranma in 2004.) If Ryoga followed Ranma's advice and 'didn't send her back', it would create paradox and loopiness, too, so it's lucky that no one can depend on Genma. He probably pawned the gift a loonng time ago.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Question for Kirinin's 'Happily Married'

Postby StarrySkyS » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:20 am

So....that means the 98Ranma is in a new 1998 right? Not the 1998 the 04Ranma changed with her presence?
StarrySkyS
Senshi Candidate

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs