Jusendo side effects?

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Re: Jusendo side effects?

Postby AxelTheBunny » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:14 pm

Well I actually do believe that it would probably effect both, and I recall Ranma coming into contact with the water a few times, though that might just be conjecture. Id imagine there would be more effects on Jusenkyo cursed individuals because of the fact Jusendo is the source of Jusenkyo, and one could assume the magical properties would have some affect on the curses. As for Akane well I can see the argument for her not suffering the same effects, because Jusendo wouldnt have the curse to latch onto but I can see it effecting her as well. '

As I said I can see it strengthening the Jusenkyo curses of those who had been in direct contact with the Jusendo water, with the effect of that being varied. It could change the required temperature, or cause other strange effects regarding the curses. And the thing with Akane is that she only came into contact with one of the taps waters if I recall though as said it's been awhile. Regardless I do agree that it wouldnt make sense for ONLY Ranma to have been effected.

And lol I can elaborate a bit on my original purpose for this, it WAS more a generalized thing but I was specifically wondering what water from Jusendo would do to somebody who had a curse from Jusenkyo, though I am also interested in discussing other possible side effects of Jusendo.
AxelTheBunny
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spica75 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:43 pm

Id imagine there would be more effects on Jusenkyo cursed individuals because of the fact Jusendo is the source of Jusenkyo, and one could assume the magical properties would have some affect on the curses.

There´s some reason to believe it would actually be the opposite. That because a curse is the magic taken a fixed (as in locked to a single specific function) form, it would negate any nonspecific further interaction.
There´s also the possibility that simply being affected by it once reduces the probability of further effects.

As for Akane well I can see the argument for her not suffering the same effects, because Jusendo wouldnt have the curse to latch onto but I can see it effecting her as well. '

Considering how she is suddenly part magic water? I think it would be impossible for there to not be any effects at all, and likely that she would be very strongly affected. In what way is the real question.

As I said I can see it strengthening the Jusenkyo curses of those who had been in direct contact with the Jusendo water, with the effect of that being varied. It could change the required temperature, or cause other strange effects regarding the curses.

Taro´s experience says, probably not.

Regardless I do agree that it wouldnt make sense for ONLY Ranma to have been effected.

Agreed, that would be extremely strange. Only Akane i could manage, due to arguments above, but definitely NOT likely either i think.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Hiryo » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:32 am

Well about being a watermagnet to be fanon I think not, due when Ranma wanted to stay a girl during Nodoka visiting, how the water came to him and in that huge mass is for me a fact.

So not only transform him into a girl at worst times, but into a boy as well when he didn't want that.

Genma is more accepting of that curse and I think that may be the difference (and comic relif).

Shampoo, Ryoga, Mousse all those transform unwillingly and at worst times.
Life to the fullest without regrets and be as happy as you could be.
Hiryo
Senshi Cadet

Postby Pata Hikari » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 am

Hiryo wrote:Well about being a watermagnet to be fanon I think not, due when Ranma wanted to stay a girl during Nodoka visiting, how the water came to him and in that huge mass is for me a fact.

Except that this isn't the case with the other characters. None of them are shown to have any sort of bad luck like that. Ranma has it not because it's part of the curse, but because he's one of the protagonists.
Hiryo wrote:Shampoo, Ryoga, Mousse all those transform unwillingly and at worst times.

No they don't. Especially not Ryoga, who wants to stay a pig in front of Akane just as much as Ranma wanted to stay a girl in front of Nodoka, yet Ryoga never has to deal with a sudden transformation.
Pata Hikari
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spica75 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:35 pm

None of them are shown to have any sort of bad luck like that.

Definitely disagree. Ryoga ends up splashed at weird and unlikely times quite a lot. Mousse and Schampoo likewise even if not as noticeable. Impossible to say about Genma as he often stays as a panda anyway.

Especially not Ryoga, who wants to stay a pig in front of Akane just as much as Ranma wanted to stay a girl in front of Nodoka, yet Ryoga never has to deal with a sudden transformation.

Ehm, pig form IS Ryoga´s cursed form, not the other way around. Ryoga has to deal with a lot of unwanted and sudden transformations to cursed form. Noone barely ever gets to transform to original form by random chance.

No they don't.

Yes, they definitely do. Weird rainfalls, getting splashed by random people or passing cars, oh yes they do...

#####
but into a boy as well when he didn't want that.

That´s not nowhere near as common as the opposite though, and i can´t recall it happening by pure chance?
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby AxelTheBunny » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:08 pm

I feel like it's one of those things which can be attributed to anything. It's really just author convenience mostly. I will say that it doesnt particularly matter yes some characters get randomly splashed more, Ryoga typically when they need him to take a dive in a fight. But it's usually for the inconvenience of Ranma or Akane. I usually try to avoid specific mention of it because takahashi has never written in an explanation, and certain characters seem to get splashed more.

The water magnet itself is fanon, however as said it comes down to a combination of author convenience and bad luck in my opinion. It just wouldnt make sense why that aspect of the curse affects certain characters more than others. I think it's a bit silly to apply real world logic into a world where logic seems to have little influence like Ranma 1/2 anyways. look how often Ranma stumbles upon weird martial arts, magical artifacts, curses, or groups from China such as the Seven Lucky Gods, Herb, Saffron, ETC. even if you exclude anything that has to do with the amazons Ranma still stumbles across a ridiculous amount of illogical things with regularity to a degree that would be highly improbable.
AxelTheBunny
Senshi Cadet

Postby Pata Hikari » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:10 pm

Spica75 wrote:Ehm, pig form IS Ryoga´s cursed form, not the other way around. Ryoga has to deal with a lot of unwanted and sudden transformations to cursed form. Noone barely ever gets to transform to original form by random chance.

Except for when Ranma suddenly really wants to stay a girl in front of his Seppuku happy mother. Then there's hot water everywhere.

Which is because the story is more interesting if he gets in trouble, not some property of the curse.
Pata Hikari
Senshi Cadet

Previous

Return to Specific Series: Ranma