Hibiki

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Hibiki

Postby toushin » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:30 pm

How big do you think this clan really is. Is it just Ryoga and his parents or is it far bigger then that. No sense of direction and being strong is a common character trait in anime. Jim Bader actually created a character razor hibiki who is the progenitor of the clan. He had no real home so was just a wandering warrior this caused him to get a lot of enemies and ended up getting Mr Burn’s disease in that he has so many curses that instead of killing him they stabilize each other. the most prominent curse are he can never find where he’s going and he has a horrible memory. Razor is a nice attractive guy who women are naturally attracted to and thus the hibiki clan was born. Maybe Ryoga isn’t descendant from a demon, but it’s hard for someone with that bad of a sense of direction to set down roots. And given how easily Ranma was able to just say he was Ryoga’s sister.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Hibiki

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:42 pm

Bader is hardly the only one to speculate or estimate the size of a 'clan' Hibiki...

I think the most ambitious was the Clan Hibiki from the old story 'All We Know of Heaven' by Prospero Hibiki... Took place about 800 years in future, and Ranma, whom was still alive, was an honorary member and estimated clan size I think at half a billion people.

There are also a quite a few other Hibiki's in anime to consider.

Dan Hibiki, a character in the fighting game series Street Fighter
Hibiki Amawa, a character in the anime I My Me! Strawberry Eggs
Hibiki Takane, a character in the Last Blade fighting game series
Hibiki Tokai, a character in the anime Vandread
Joe Hibiki (枇々木 丈), a character in the anime series Gatchaman Crowds
Kamen Rider Hibiki, a Japanese tokusatsu superhero television series
Midori Hibiki, a teacher from the manga Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
Koyo Hibiki, brother of Midori Hibiki
Ran Hibiki, a character from the Rival Schools fighting game series
Yūta Hibiki (響 裕太), a character in the anime series SSSS.Gridman
Hibiki, the title character from the manga Hibiki's Magic
Hibiki, a character from the manga Change 123
Hibiki Hojo, a character from magical girl anime Suite PreCure
Hibiki Ganaha, a character in their Life simulation game and anime The Idolmaster
Hibiki Tachibana, a character in the anime Senki Zesshō Symphogear
Hibiki of the Mizaki clan, a character in Hakkenden: eight dogs of the east
Hibiki Kohaku, a character in the fighting game series BlazBlue
Hibiki Kuze, the main character from anime Devil Survivor 2: The Animation
Hibiki Amami, the main character in the series Re-kan!
Hibiki Hagyū, a main character from the anime series Anne Happy
Hibiki Lates, a background character in the anime and manga series Fairy Tail

There is at least one more, but I can't think of the series name, a female fighter with blond hair that as a child was saved by a nerdy boy. She was a side character...

Edit1: Corrected clan size to be half a billion, with a 'b'
Edit2: Found the anime I was thinking of with another Hibiki character. My Dear Marie, with Hibiki Kennou
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:27 am

How big do you think this clan really is.

Up to the author more or less. Very little is given.

BUT, i think we can safely say based on the thing with Ranma claiming to be Ryoga's sister and he just accepts that as a fact to mean that there's definitely more to it than just him and his parents, and that it is a family trait to get lost OR that it is normal for people in the family to end up with weird circumstances and events in some or several ways(or both).

#####
There are also a quite a few other Hibiki's in anime to consider.

Yeah, there's FAR more than that. Hibiki is a fairly common name in anime/manga.
https://www.anime-planet.com/characters/all?name=Hibiki
9 pages with 15 per page, so just sticking to those included in this easy to find list there gets you over 120.

Also, since obviously not all may retain the surname, you can also play with it from the other side:
https://www.anime-planet.com/characters ... -direction
I know i stole Chizuru Mochizuki from Nyan koi like that for a short thing i wrote. (her sense of direction is just lovely similar, AND the world of the series has just enough magic(and specifically CURSES) for it to go nicely together with the Ranmaverse)
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:40 pm

Well, I did not mean that to be a complete list, merely examples after a quick search... The only one really spent time on was the one I specifically was thinking of I wanted to list.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:07 am

PCHeintz72 wrote:Well, I did not mean that to be a complete list, merely examples after a quick search... The only one really spent time on was the one I specifically was thinking of I wanted to list.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply anything. Just that it is a name that goes around quite a lot, so even if one wanted to just use "canon" characters with the name, there's quite a lot to choose from.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby toushin » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:58 am

Also remember they don't even need to be name Hibiki given how her mother and grandmother are it's clear that Isumi Saginomiya's from Hayate the combat butler great grandfather is a hibiki
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Ranma