Mamoru vs. Usagi: Who's likely to cheat?

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Mamoru vs. Usagi: Who's likely to cheat?

Postby SailorStar9 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:19 pm

On one hand, the 'Break Up' Arc in the R Season gave us plenty of Anti-Mamoru fuel. That and his attitude towards Usagi didn't help any.

On the other, we see Usagi's wandering eye several times throughout the anime.

So, if given the opportunity, who's more likely to cheat?
Chibi-Chibi: Chibi-Chibi

I still say Sailor Moon's Chibi-Chibi is a lost Pokemon. (Tosses Dusk Ball)

On infidelity: The Pot has not just met the Kettle, they are getting jiggy on the top of the stove.
SailorStar9
Senshi Candidate

Re: Mamoru vs. Usagi: Who's likely to cheat?

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:40 am

If Usagi cheats, it'll probably be with Rei. We know nothing of Mamoru's life at University, but he's probably surrounded by coeds. So we have a focused possibility against a diffuse and unknown possibility. My vote goes to the testosterone.

If the fifth season counts, Mamoru is dead (though Usagi doesn't know it) and I give Seiya a very good chance.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:11 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:If Usagi cheats, it'll probably be with Rei.

There is also Naru
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:51 am

Mamoru of course, all the love he got from Usagi are memories of a past life that's also a second personality. Heck Mamoru could cheat Usagi without knowing it, for example in the second season when he forgot he was Tusedo Kamen and started to act as that Arab guy.... he could have got another girlfriend.

For Usagi to cheat Mamoru, well... she could do it with one of the girls, after a violent break up, or fall in love with someone else. It would be harder, but not impossible.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Overall, Usagi is far more likely to SEEM like she might be cheating, but probably not very likely to actually cheat.

Why the expectations that she might cheat with a girl? Seen similar before and i have difficulty seeing the reason for such belief.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:48 am

Spica75 wrote:Overall, Usagi is far more likely to SEEM like she might be cheating, but probably not very likely to actually cheat.

Why the expectations that she might cheat with a girl? Seen similar before and i have difficulty seeing the reason for such belief.

Mostly fanon about the women of the moon kingdom (Specially Queen Serenity) being more open sexually and not looking down at lesbian relationships. Since Usagi is the only Senshi with a boyfriend, and the fact that Rei and Usagi fight all the time, some had taken Usagi and Rei fights as unresolved sexual tension. Also there is the fact that Usagi sometimes gets taken over by another personality we don't know much about besides the fact that she committed suicide.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Mostly fanon about the women of the moon kingdom (Specially Queen Serenity) being more open sexually and not looking down at lesbian relationships.

Mmm, canon can easily be taken as supporting that yeah. But Usagi(or Rei) has never shown any such inclination. Based on personalities, i would even say that they´re probably the least likely.

The most likely?
For Minako, love is love, and for Ami, she looks at the person not the gender. And neither of them have still shown any inclination either. And all of them(except the obvious Haruka and Michiru) has shown clear inclination towards being hetero, with a small questionmark for Hotaru.

some had taken Usagi and Rei fights as unresolved sexual tension.

Because that´s the only reason for friends to argue? Uh no, just NO. It´s basically taking the kliche used for Usagi/Mamoru and try to have it be true for anything remotely close to that. Fanboy squee.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:51 pm

I'd say Usagi. She's the most likely to get sloshed out of her mind and wake up next to a complete stranger. :P
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:I'd say Usagi. She's the most likely to get sloshed out of her mind and wake up next to a complete stranger. :P

*LOL*

You actually have a point there... :mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:15 pm

Spica75 wrote:*LOL*

You actually have a point there... :mrgreen:

You know, there actually have been stories with that exact premise, even Ranma crossovers...

On the other hand, there have been even more where she moes on due to rebound from having been betrayed/dumped by him
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:41 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if most of those cases had been inspired by that silliness in the second season of the anime. Which doesn't even get into the implications of just what that was all about:

King Endymion: "Hey, past self? Yeah, you kinda shouldn't get together with that meatball head. Nevermind that doing so will probably negate the reason for why I'm doing this in the first place and cause a temporal paradox. Don't worry, this plan makes perfect sense. As well as the fact that I now have the ability to project my thoughts into the past while I'm in a coma, and that such an awesome ability doesn't come in handy for anything else but this. Now, have a fun time creating a bunch of unnecessary angst, drama and grief for the good of my irrational desire to see something good come out of being a fellow who doesn't become king and probably won't be the most favored person of the future queen. Toodles!"
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 am

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:I'd say Usagi. She's the most likely to get sloshed out of her mind and wake up next to a complete stranger. :P

Congratulations sir, you just inspired me to write my next ranma cross over fic. you only yourself to blame.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:46 pm

I believe someone already wrote pretty much exactly that scenario, but hell if I remember what fic that was.
Not that I wouldn't want to see another one either.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Vahn » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:49 pm

wasnt that the one with hotaru?
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:36 pm

Vahn wrote:Congratulations sir, you just inspired me to write my next ranma cross over fic. you only yourself to blame.

Alcohol is a common enough plot device, regarding the destruction and/or formation of relationships, so... *Shrugs shoulders*
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Next

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon