Weirdness: Round three

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Re: Weirdness: Round three

Postby Neko- » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:58 am

Here is weirdness... Makes you doubt the sanity of some people: https://torontosun.com/2017/01/09/lawye ... 969adee0fe
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:50 am

Heh, well i think the vote at the end says it all, out of almost 54k votes, 98% thinks she's wrong. And stupid. Definitely stupid.

It's a frickin changing room. People really need to stop being so idiotic prudes. Scaring kids into being bodyshy is a BAD thing >99% of the time. Perfect way to mess them up emotionally for the next 3-4 decades.

Té Rowan wrote:Reminds me of a time when a small group of girls stormed the boys' showers at school. What a gyp for them, I was the only bloke showering.

:lol:

I'm sure they appreciated you. :mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:08 pm

Neko- wrote:Here is weirdness... Makes you doubt the sanity of some people: https://torontosun.com/2017/01/09/lawye ... 969adee0fe

That woman sounds to me like a sociopath.

Spica75 wrote:I'm sure they appreciated you. :mrgreen:

Well, they did get to see a nekkid dude, so it wasn't a complete bust.
"You can not treat a car like a human! A car needs love!" (W. Röhrl)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:37 pm

Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:07 pm

The Tijuana Taxi music is weird, but pleasant. If you want something weirder, and (dubiously) pleasant, try a Shepherd-Risset Glissando.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:36 pm

Who'da thunk? Teenagers are not the biggest group of smartphone users… and that group may even be getting smaller.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:34 pm

Té Rowan wrote:Who'da thunk? Teenagers are not the biggest group of smartphone users… and that group may even be getting smaller.

Tech-yuppies the biggest?

Not entirely surprised, teenagers tend to have more other stuff to divert their interest.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:17 pm

I think that survey showed that thirty- and forty-somethings are the largest group of smartphone users in Scandinavia. The older teens and young adults are finding them too distracting and thus going back to older mobiles. Hmm… (an image of a mobile with a dial just popped up in my mind…)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:52 am

Té Rowan wrote:I think that survey showed that thirty- and forty-somethings are the largest group of smartphone users in Scandinavia. The older teens and young adults are finding them too distracting and thus going back to older mobiles.

Yeah, sounds about right. The generation who grew up in the middle of "everyone MUST have all the latest and greatest toys", the tech-yuppie generation(mostly). :wink:
Though it certainly has affected the older generations almost as much. My aunt(70y) practically lives with her smartphone.

Hmm… (an image of a mobile with a dial just popped up in my mind…)

:lol:

Actually, considering how the keys on some mobiles suck so badly, a dial would be an IMPROVEMENT! :P
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:13 am

I have a smartphone, I guess, but I mainly use it to read books and fanfic. It also has some videos on it (which the screen isn't large enough to do justice), it has music, and it's a camera. And a timer. It's occasionally useful for internet (used it just yesterday to find a place). Sometimes I even make phone calls. But 90% of the time, it's a reader.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:36 am

Oddly enough, I do have a smartphone (birthday gift), but I use it mostly outside, and then as a music player or FM radio receiver. The mobile works well enough for all phone duties.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:41 am

Basically, the much-desired pocket computer has arrived. Pity the keyboard isn't very good.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:44 pm

Indeed. I think I would have preferred an Atari Portfolio, if one existed with, just to be greedy, a 286, a 287XL and full 16MB of memory. I mean, a pocket-sized Unix machine sounds nice.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:13 pm

Té Rowan wrote:Indeed. I think I would have preferred an Atari Portfolio, if one existed with, just to be greedy, a 286, a 287XL and full 16MB of memory. I mean, a pocket-sized Unix machine sounds nice.

I lusted after a Tandy 100. The screen and memory weren't much, but the keyboard was great.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spica75 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:54 am

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:I have a smartphone, I guess, but I mainly use it to read books and fanfic. It also has some videos on it (which the screen isn't large enough to do justice), it has music, and it's a camera. And a timer. It's occasionally useful for internet (used it just yesterday to find a place). Sometimes I even make phone calls. But 90% of the time, it's a reader.

99% of the time nowadays, my "(not so)mobile" is plugged into a wallsocket in the kitchen as an SMS-receiver. :mrgreen:
It's 13 years old so the battery very very much sucks by now.
When i get around to changing it, it will probably also go back to being ok at playing downsized MP3 files.

Basically, the much-desired pocket computer has arrived. Pity the keyboard isn't very good.

REALLY not good. :(
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Other Talk