[RESOLVED, it's Luxembourg] ..osting with VPS support?

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

[RESOLVED, it's Luxembourg] ..osting with VPS support?

Postby Cheb » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:06 pm

Anyone knows a good hosting with VPS support in Brazil, Mexico, Nigeria, Iran (no, scratch that) or the like...? Preferably with one-year or several-year forward payment?

I used a hosting in the USA for many years (1&1) but now I need to evacuate my bunch of websites @ chebmaster.com ASAP. ( https://forum.chebmaster.com , https://fallout.chebmaster.com/ , https://ranmafics.chebmaster.com/ , https://chentrah.chebmaster.com/ - all virtual hosts inside the same VPS)
Currently backing up files, config and making mySQL dumps. I hope it takes them *some* time to react... :x 8053 files left... 8300 files left... Crap, it's still browsing the directory tree... WHY ARE THERE SO MANY? Those are *tiny* websites :(

Why: I listened on TV for, like, twenty minutes, the members of the Security Council all voting "Yes, let's do it! Let's protect our compatriots!" like troopers -- in the end I knew what Putin had to do. He is many things, but peeing against the wind is not one of them. The entire parliament and the entire effing Security Council...? He took a lengthy pause to ""think"" but minutes ago he decreed: yes, we DO recognize LNR and DNR's independence officially.

So, the biggest load of shit in the last decade was launched onto the biggest fan. Already in flight, on a collision course. :shock:

Should I buy something I don't need while I still can? Like, open Steam and buy Cyberpunk 2077 my gaming rig is too wussy to run? I heard you can choose your character's dick size in there! :D
Realistically, I should check if my favorite bank provides UnionPay cards and request one :?

Our neighbor's... Ahem, civilian husband is an illegal Ukrainian migrant, living as a shut-in in her apartment, never going outside now as he is too old to work and the law on such matters became too strict (and he has no papers nor permits at all -- we were doing our best finding clients for him while he still worked, narrowly specialized in laying ceramic tile. Our toilet room's tile and all wallpapers and ceilings in our apartment are also his work - made more than a decade ago). I was worried what would happen if his health fails, with zero insurance (being a legal nobody he cannot vaccinate too!), now I'm also worried for his relatives in Kharkiv (his elderly mother, in particular). That region should be safe, in theory.

Let's hope, let's hope, let's hope with all our might, wish on some star that this stays a somehow limited conflict (like, supplying the republics with modern weapons and maybe limited airstrikes?) and doesn't escalate into something too epic. Unlike those guys who didn't really want World War One but in the end could just say "Oops..."
And just when I finally got rid of my long-lasting on-and-off-again depression and learned to love living too! :( (Oh that poisonously alluring gray meaninglessness where even colors are muted because they have no purpose and suicide is always at hand, sometimes because you grab at an opportunity without thinking, and you cannot even feel horrified at your attempt because your emotions are all firmly shut down)
I still think that therapy is for the weak, tho. I pulled myself out by sheer manning up in the end. And because Mom and cats would be hurt if I was gone. Even with no emotions that was something I rejected on a fundamental level.

P.S. 13700 files left :cry:
P.P.S. 13887 files left and it began downloading :D at 200 kilobytes per second :evil: While there are some 300+megabyte SQL dumps among the files :cry:
The price of doing it through a VPN using obscured servers :x (I'm totally from Poland, nothing to see here)
P.P.P.S. Screw VPN, I'm going to connect directly.
Last edited by Cheb on Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Re: Anyone knows a good Brazilian or ~ hosting with VPS supp

Postby Cheb » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:19 pm

P.S. after some arrrrgh finally found where I hid phpMyAdmin. It was https://forum.chebmaster.com/daimohndoorknobber/ -- while https://myadmin.chebmaster.com/ is a honeypot, a static page with "Access Denied".
Paranoiac, I am.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:26 pm

P.S. Why so many files, why so many files... Of course it's the entire phpBB :evil: No, scratch that. *three* copies of phpBB.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:57 pm

yes, we DO recognize LNR and DNR's independence officially.

With the endless anti-Russian propaganda, while totally ignoring Ukrainian crap, including that it all started with a coup that was mostly organised by nazis, literally(Svoboda specifically used NSDAP as their template), with the support of or even instigated by CIA, against a president who despite all the claims about "popular revolution" and other bullshit, had the highest popularity rating of any Ukrainian president, just focused in the south and east, while the empoverished northwest, including Kiev, hated him for not signing the absolute crap treaty presented by the EU, it's not really surprising.

Let's hope, let's hope, let's hope with all our might, wish on some star that this stays a somehow limited conflict (like, supplying the republics with modern weapons and maybe limited airstrikes?) and doesn't escalate into something too epic. Unlike those guys who didn't really want World War One but in the end could just say "Oops..."

Problem is, USA has decided that there should be much banging on the wardrums, and -amazingly-, media all over the world follows their orders. Just like previous times when they don't have shit for actual valid reasons, just a big bunch of propaganda that even Goebbels would be embarassed about.

The onesidedness is simply disgusting and horrible.

Ironically, the best hope for stability is China and that USA cannot rely on coming out on top of any actual "conflict"... And fortunately, both of those are strong reasons to keep things from escalating too extremely.

Still, i was kinda expecting USA to do something likes this once Biden took over, he's one of Hillary's warmongers after all.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:59 pm

One. $#@$$# ONE file per second, that's what the hosting's sftp allows. With 11k of them still in the queue. This would take... Only three hours and a change...?
Let's hope it does not throttle down further.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:17 pm

and that USA cannot rely on coming out on top of any actual "conflict"

It *did* stop everything in Syria kind of freezing a moment's status quo forever, when our forces came face to face and everything just stopped. No one is going to back up, and that's that.
A situation far from ideal but it's the proverbial bad peace that is better than a good fight.

As far as our TV could be trusted (they are not above BS and fat trolling) There are expected to be ~2 million refugees distributed across 46 regions. 0.7 with Russian passports already issued and 1.2 who applied but don't have them yet. Let's wait and see how many of them really evacuate. Actual losses so far include one mine worker killed while waiting for a bus to go to work [an image of a small crater and heavily pixellated gore]. As far as hits on Russia proper go, there were 2 saboteur groups destroyed by our border guard (with 5 units of light armor that came to their rescue) and one border guard building destroyed by artillery fire. With the amount of fighting going on over there, feels like collateral damage/idiots getting lost.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:30 pm

P.S. I had an interesting talk with my, let's say, customer today (I work as a developer of the system of registering and managing Masters programs enrollees in our university, including foreigners). He knows this matter inside and out, and had mentioned people in DNR and LNR often have *three* passports: both Russian and Ukrainian on top of their republic's passport - but Transdnistrians beat them all. They often have passports of Russia, Ukraine, Transdnistria and Moldova -- and some even of Belarus :shock:
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:59 pm

Ooooh...kay, Cyberpunk 2077 50% off was 999 rubles, which is ~ 13 USD...? :shock: One good pizza costs ~600.
Oh, right. Steam sells with heavily reduced prices in Russia, except some titles which then stand out. I won't complain, but I can't understand why either. They could have sloooowly raised the prices over the course of years but obviously Valve doesn't think that'd work.

P.S. The Moscow subway kept repeating all announcements of stations and such in English since the football championship in... years ago -- but when I was out of the hospital+self-isolation, those were gone. Now English only remains in text, always shadowing station names in smaller gray text on all schemes and those looong displays above the doors in modern trains that show which next and display a cartoon elephant with its trunk pinched by the doors when they are about to close.

P.S. Crap, it's 2:00 and I have an important day at work tomorrow. :shock:
Right. Steam is downloading, FileZilla is still leeching tons of tiny files from chebmaster.com... SLEEP NOW!
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Cheb » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:14 am

Ok, knowing people recommended Luxembourg.
That's where I will be searching for my new hosting.

Spica75 wrote:Problem is, USA has decided that there should be much banging on the wardrums, and -amazingly-, media all over the world follows their orders. Just like previous times when they don't have shit for actual valid reasons, just a big bunch of propaganda that even Goebbels would be embarassed about.
The onesidedness is simply disgusting and horrible.

I hope this madness exhausts itself one day.
There would be one hell of a hangover then.

The true reason... Is probably our and China's course to deswiftization and dedollarization (already in progress, about 5 years from completion optimistically) - like the real reason why Kaddafi and Lybia were killed was him threatening to dedollarize their trade.
But what what did they expect after threatening once...? Once they used this as a club It became a matter of national security for any non-aligned non-idiots.

sorrygottarun
Last edited by Cheb on Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Cheb » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:05 am

P.S. This shows how far you could trust out TV: the evacuation was 90% propaganda bullshit, what got evacuated were government offices, orphanages and retirement homes. The population generally "nope"d the offer.
From my friend who knows people in Ukraine: they mostly felt relief at the recognition. I suppose, like inflammation being finally cut off? :?

Also, I was wrong. There aren't three train types in the Moscow subway. There are four. I encountered a very rare one today. It falls in-between the 1990s crapdesingn and the modern 2020s ones. Like the latter the entire train is walkable, all connections accordion, but it looks rougher and there is only a tiny 4:3 display above the doors, next to a scheme with one LED per station like those in the 1990s design.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:44 am

Hm. The Wikipedia does mention a millennial design named "Rusich". Curved front, twin headlights.
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A0%D1%83%D1%81%D0%B8%D1%87_(%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%BD_%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE)
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:22 pm

Cheb wrote:I hope this madness exhausts itself one day.
There would be one hell of a hangover then.

The true reason... Is probably our and China's course to deswiftization and dedollarization (already in progress, about 5 years from completion optimistically) - like the real reason why Kaddafi and Lybia were killed was him threatening to dedollarize their trade.
But what what did they expect after threatening once...? Once they used this as a club It became a matter of national security for any non-aligned non-idiots.

sorrygottarun

Yeah, problem for USA about the dollar is that they're printing new ones at Zimbabwe or Weimar republic speeds. Without the petrodollar prop-up, the USD would be worth maybe 1/10th of what it currently is. Possibly even less. And it's essentially the only thing keeping USA afloat financially.
And of course, there's also the idea they're running on that they MUST retain a "US world hegemony", which among other things includes screwing over Russia to make sure it cannot interfere.
Former US president advisor Brzezinski established it de facto long ago and even wrote a book on it. And yet somehow, this is completely ignored. It's basically like ignoring Mein kampf.

P.S. This shows how far you could trust out TV: the evacuation was 90% propaganda bullshit, what got evacuated were government offices, orphanages and retirement homes. The population generally "nope"d the offer.
From my friend who knows people in Ukraine: they mostly felt relief at the recognition. I suppose, like inflammation being finally cut off?

Those who wanted to leave mostly already left, this was more a matter of making it official(and probably allow a big bunch of illegals to get valid passports again). And yeah, once it became obvious that Kiev regime was never going to uphold its side of the treaty to give the regions a high degree of selfrule in return for still being part of Ukraine, it was a matter of time before something happened.

It *did* stop everything in Syria kind of freezing a moment's status quo forever, when our forces came face to face and everything just stopped. No one is going to back up, and that's that.
A situation far from ideal but it's the proverbial bad peace that is better than a good fight.

MUCH better than it was. At its worst, Sweden had to accept over 50 thousand refugees in a WEEK from Syria. Completely impossible situation. And that was also more refugees than than the primary cause, USA, has accepted from Syria in TOTAL.

And it got absurd when they were blaming the Syrian regime for the refugee crisis despite the fact that whenever it retook control of an area, the majority of nearby refugees returned. And the attempts at faking chemical attacks and blaming them on the regime so shortly after thorough UN inspections confirmed they had no such things left...

Makes you wonder if the only way not to be invaded or bombed by USA nowadays is to have a very real and actual nuclear arsenal. :(

With the amount of fighting going on over there, feels like collateral damage/idiots getting lost.

That has generally been the standard yes.

As far as our TV could be trusted (they are not above BS and fat trolling)

My experience is sadly that you can probably expect something closer to truth in media than me, once upon a time i could expect news to be reported, nowadays it's mostly opinions at best and propaganda at worst. Been going seriously downhill since sometime in the 90s. Only some smaller independent medias even try to stay objective.

SVTs regional reporter is since far too long Bert Sundström, a man so biased that it has become a meme. :roll:
If you ever run into him in Moscow, ask him how much goat cheese he has had lately. :mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:35 am

Spica75 wrote:If you ever run into him in Moscow, ask him how much goat cheese he has had lately. :mrgreen:

Ok, I would :) (looked up his photo just in case)
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Re: [RESOLVED, it's Luxembourg] ..osting with VPS support?

Postby Neko- » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:59 am

Spica75 wrote:It's basically like ignoring Mein kampf.

Funnily enough that book is banned in the Netherlands. It's been completely removed from circulation with fines attached to it and all... Still have a digital copy anyway, which I planned to read someday to see how insane Adolf really was.

Spica75 wrote:which among other things includes screwing over Russia to make sure it cannot interfere

And Biden wanting to force Europe to deny the gas access of the NordStream2 gasline from Russia to screw over Russia. But that's not up to him.

Despite that Germany already shut that down apparently (possibly on call from the USA, but more probable on the call of the EU (which was probably influenced by the call from the USA)), costing Russia billions (apparently) in income since about 60% of the Russian incomes on gas and petroleum are coughed up by Europe.

Our gas supplies in the Netherlands should be at 40 to 50% remaining right about now, but with the issues on earthquakes on the Groningen gas fields, they shut down those fields substantially to reduce the earthquake risk (for which the government promised financial aid, but is dragging it's feet in providing that financial aid). This meant the winter-supplies were less filled up, so the stock supply of gas is now at 23%. And the Netherlands is rather depending on gas as primary source of heating and generating power, coal plants being shut down to reduce the CO2 footprint with only solar and wind to replace those... and the move to no-gas houses is turning out to be WAY more expensive than they imagined.

Hell, we only have one small nuclear plant in the Netherlands, tho there's been talk (just talk, nothing substantial yet!) about building two more.

Government is also hiking the gas price with taxes, to force people to isolate their houses and what not more in order to reduce the CO2 footprint of the Netherlands to insane levels (they want to be the forerunner on CO2 reduction for some insane reason). So gas contracts for people have already doubled or in some cases even quadrupled. Where they would pay 200 euros a month for their energy (gas and electricity combined), some now report seeing invoices of 800 euros a month. And electricity has also gotten taxes moving the cost up tho not as massively as gas got taxed. Energy for some costs the same as the rent for the place they live at, resulting in a complete depletion of funds for food or anything else for some. Poverty is likely looming for a lot of people.

Germany in the mean time has abolished Russian gas due to the conflict, wants to kill off all nuclear power stations by the end of the year (due to Fukushima), is phasing out coal and oil (still their primary means of generating power) as a means to generate energy in favor of gas, and is calling on an insane contract that was made between the Netherlands and Germany way back in the 70s or so to demand gas deliveries from the Netherland-gasfield. Which in turn means an inreased earthquake risk for the region those fields are in. So the dutch government want to shut down the gasfields to prevent earthquakes, find themselves in the position they need more gas due to depletion of gas-stock so need to drain more gas from that gasfield increasing the risk of earthquakes, and THEN Germany puts a knife to the governments throat to demand more gas as agreed in the contract frm way back when, resulting in the forced opening of the gas tap even further (again boosting the risk of earthquakes in the region).

And THEN the EU decided to put sanctions on Russia... And lock down the gasline from Russia. Which the Dutch PM is apparenly fully supporting, consequences be damned. So the Dutch government is willing to let the Dutch people suffer in cold rather than taking calculated steps. Not to mention that wars have the nasty tendency to hike prices on just about anything, so we have that to look forward to as well.

Then this week we got the news that there is an alternative for Russian gas. LNG... which the USA has invested highly in the production of the last year. So Biden apparently wants us to shut down Russia's gas, and the EU being cornered in a cold place (or atleast without a supply of gas from Russia while still needing gas substantially) to start paying the USA for the same resource that Russia was providing.

So Biden isn't just screwing over Russia. He's doing the same to the EU as well. And Germany is very willing to screw the Netherlands over as well.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Re: [RESOLVED, it's Luxembourg] ..osting with VPS support?

Postby Cheb » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:45 am

Neko- wrote:, which I planned to read someday to see how insane Adolf really was.

DON'T! :shock:
It's a complete, unfiltered stream of consciousness masquerading as an autobiography. If you are an avid reader like me you won't even notice gradually... synching with the author.
After the first third I was: Gosh, Jews really were evil... Wut...? Wh..wut...? AAAAAAAAAAH, IT'S SUBVERTING ME!!!! -- and went, panicked, reading books about Nazi crimes against the people of Leningrad and such, as an antidote.
I never read past the first third, and i will NEVER touch it again, and now firmly believe it was banned for a reason.
I also, since then, have a different view on Necronomicon and other Lovecraftian books that eat your sanity by just reading them (I believe such things can exist IRL).
Your mileage may vary, you could find the book terminally boring.

Remember: the author had 25 Charisma or so (using D&D system where 18 is considered almost superhuman). You hear him, you can't help instantly liking him. I listened to one speech on YouTube and instantly wanted to make his "Across the front line they are no people, they are beasts!" into a meme - his overblown dramatism sounded that funny. (can't vouch for exactness of words, it's a German-English-Russian-English translation)
So any records of his voice are also banned for a reason.
He was a Lv.80 toxic killer clown. Any heritage he left is to be treated as, I quote, "volcano full of radioactive Ebola".
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Next

Return to Other Talk