Avoiding Spamville Neo!

Chit Chat: Freeform roleplay. Only place where spam allowed. This topic is periodically pruned for removal of old posts

Re: Avoiding Spamville Neo!

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon May 10, 2021 4:37 pm

All that makes me do now is remember how I had to get up super early because of school. Nowadays I wake up at noon/1PM, and trying to think about routinely waking up around 6AM or so is difficult.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Mon May 10, 2021 6:05 pm

"Thoroughly understandable. I had a problem with tardiness because it was always difficult for me to get to school on time in the morning. I even served an in-school suspension in 6th grade because I was late so many times. It was...

...one of the best days of my life, actually. :D "
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun May 16, 2021 11:16 pm

Oh yeah, I now have both of my Covid shots.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Vocaloid » Mon May 17, 2021 12:12 pm

I did a thing on Ambush cats thread to make it’s presence grow at least once more before the yet to be cosmic implosion occurs…
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sun May 30, 2021 5:32 pm

"Got my 2nd shot a week and a half ago, and thankfully I haven't experienced any major effects beyond a slight recurring headache. Also had a filling in one of my teeth replaced this past Wednesday, so I think I'm doing reasonably well health-wise.

"Back to work making videos, I guess."
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:55 pm

Rumiko Takahashi apparently has an official Twitter account, now (@rumicworld1010), and is inviting people to submit questions to a website, after which fifteen of those questions will be selected to be answered on Twitter.

“Announcing various pieces of information” is a pretty broad statement of purpose for Takahashi’s account, but the artist has given us a bit more of a preview of what’s to come by saying that she’ll be posting answers to questions from fans starting on July 1. So what are those questions? That’s the cool part – they haven’t been selected yet, since Takahashi is asking fans to send them in, and she’ll select 15 of them to post answers to!

Before you start typing a Twitter reply, though, take note that questions are to be submitted not directly to Takahashi’s Twitter account, but via the website here. There’s no rule saying the questions have to come from fans in Japan, but odds are you’ve got the best chance of your question being selected if you submit it in Japanese.

(Source: Inuyasha creator Rumiko Takahashi joins Twitter, wants fans to ask her questions)

Also, from the posts on the Twitter account:
Thank you for your warm comments! If you wish to send fan letter directly to Rumiko Takahashi, please use the following contact form!
https://form.id.shogakukan.co.jp/forms/backstage
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:33 am

That's pretty neat
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:39 am

So, if you were wondering why Ranma and Akane never ever ever say three specific words...

Rumiko Takahashi explains why her characters can’t ever just come right out and say “I love you” | SoraNews24 -Japan News-
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:45 am

So it basically boils down to the idea that she can't bring them to do it because then she lacks the ability to figure out what comes after, because if they can't have nonsensical misunderstandings, then what else can she do.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:19 am

Sort of like me shopping normally like everyone else does. If I'm not steamrolling pedestrians, cutting in line, haggling nonsensically, and using my cuteness to secure lower prices, then that takes away the core of my character and makes me generally uninteresting.

I'd argue that there's more to you than that, but truth be told it is what you're best at...

And I'm proud of it, too! :D

I, uh... think I could have done without the grin.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:13 am

To be fair, though, how much of the conflict in Ranma would - in theory - evaporate if Ranma simply made a commitment? :D
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Neko- » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:20 am

Depends on how rational the girls would be and where in the timeline we'd be.

Shampoo would likely react a lot poorer early on in the timeline, tho it's conceivable she'd grudgingly accept Ranma's choice later on.
Ukyo would probably call him jackass, smack him around, cry a bit (as one is wont to do when ones heart is broken) but would also grudgingly accept it. Both of them saw the signs later on in the timeline and were pretty much in denial.

Evidence of that grudge can be seen in the failed wedding... While I'm sure they crashed the wedding, I'm unsure if they actually did anything to hamper the 'I do' to be uttered by either Ranma or Akane.

As to Kodachi or Tatewaki. They do not think rationally, so they'll remain in their deluded world. Conflict with those would continue.

Ryoga... He'd resent Ranma, but seeing he'd have Akari later on in the timeline that'd help him get on with his life. Early on in the timeline tho, Ryoga would probably swing between rage and depression. Which he may well project on Ranma. So that may still yield conflict.

Happosai wouldn't change his modus operandi, resulting in mayhem from that front. The fathers would celebrate, and probably push for kids soon, which may well cause Akane or Ranma to repeatedly put them in their place. That however wouldn't make a good repeating joke I suppose, so as anime goes it wouldn't provide a good means to keep the conflict going.

Nabiki would likely back off a bit... so yeah, while there would be a downfall in the amount of conflict (which is what makes an anime interesting to watch) it wouldn't cease alltogether. But I can see the dilemma for Rumiko there. Less conflict makes for a duller anime. Duller anime won't do as good as anime filled with conflict. Which is what ultimatly results in money coming in for the artists.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:19 pm

I just think that the constant 'two characters can't spit it out' thing in romantic comedy series gets to be ridiculous.

Also, for the last week, we had no air conditioner. And temperatures were in the 90's and even hit 100 last Thursday

Now we have air :D
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:11 am

I just think that the constant 'two characters can't spit it out' thing in romantic comedy series gets to be ridiculous.

I like to think that it has at least some basis in reality. Some people really can't just admit to anyone where their feelings lie, and are either too afraid or too stubborn to admit it. It's easy to say to someone "just tell her you love her, stupid", whereas it may be difficult for the person in question to go through with it. Not everyone's mind works the same way, after all, and it's not like Ranma had the world's best upbringing. :wink:

Also, for the last week, we had no air conditioner. And temperatures were in the 90's and even hit 100 last Thursday

Now we have air :D

"Talk about timing. Our air conditioner yesterday stopped sending cold air into the house. The fans still work, but the rest of it isn't for some reason. My parents are going to try to get someone over today to look at it."

Our parents, Curtis.

"I know, I know. You try remembering that when you're operating on six hours of sleep in a 76-degree house."

*shrug* Fair enough.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:22 pm

it's not like Ranma had the world's best upbringing.

For such a weird-ass upbringing, he came out pretty well.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Spamville