PCHeintz72's Filtered Full List Update-03/23/15

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Re: PCHeintz72's Filtered Full List Update-03/23/15

Postby jasonjkay » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:41 pm

Can't say I ever took much interest in your lists other than how you used them to provide links in your fic search replies which I always appreciated. That and a mild curiosity on what program you used.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:52 pm

jasonjkay wrote:Can't say I ever took much interest in your lists other than how you used them to provide links in your fic search replies which I always appreciated. That and a mild curiosity on what program you used.

I wrote it, partially as an experiment, partially as a challenge. I was unimaginative with the name, and merely called it 'Lister' (the prototype was actually called Link Hacker). Added features as time went on.

Basically, it is a linked list processor program able to be run directly, or from batch files, and has configurable INI files. It merges generated information from scanning my fanfiction download directories and comparing against my favorites folders to give lists of stories with all the links for the story/author combination and add description and some stats... I included smart generation of ATOM/RSS feeds. It generates reports in CSV, BBCode, TXT, HTML, OPML, XML, and a few others. Has some other abilities to make it do things not related to fanfiction as well, so won't bother to list them here as not relevent.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:45 pm

for a while i was borrowing your list for ideas to read and then you vanshied and everything moved on. now i need to cut back on reading since i seem to have so many fics its hard to keep track of whats going with stuff that updates....sigh.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:47 pm

ckosacranoid wrote:for a while i was borrowing your list for ideas to read and then you vanshied and everything moved on. now i need to cut back on reading since i seem to have so many fics its hard to keep track of whats going with stuff that updates....sigh.

This is the silver lining when good writers slow down or stop. The reading-list shrinks, giving us more time to do other things. I suppose the Filtered Full List moving out counts in that.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spica75 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:32 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:I still run the lists, more for myself than anyone else... The interest did not seem to be there, so I kind of just shelved it...

They're useful sometimes, so certainly not a complete absence of interest at least. I know i've found some fics and authors through your lists.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 am

Of authors who never posted on this forum about 70% of the authors I follow are ones I learned of through the list.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Fic Search