Sequels and Prequels

Talk about all other fiction in this forum.

Sequels and Prequels

Postby toushin » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:14 pm

One of the reasons I enjoy reading Longfics or series is the character development. You really get the authors feel of the characters by watching how they change throughout the story. Take for instance the similarities and differences in The Dark Lords Ascendant compared to The Dark Lords of Nerima. Everyone knows I’m a fan of the Altered Destinies fanfics read any one of them.

It would be funny to come in the middle like how would Ranma if he was put in The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious. How would the other characters react to this sudden change in personality.

The reverse is also true as well a lot of stories have been popping up like Becoming a Man Among Men and Ranma Saotome, Chi Master the what if fics that show how Ranma’s life would change if he was raised differently, by someone else, learned of the engagement early, ect. However his life itself is petty interesting and we only see bits and pieces.

I re-read Cursed Pools of Jusenkyo’s description of Manga Ranma again and finally read Assassination Classroom. It got me thinking what if there were more to Ranma and Ryoga’s time at middle school then they are telling people
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Fiction Discussion